It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are shadow people suddenly acting so strangely

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphenFire

when 5 people in a room see the same thing at the same time it can not be schizophrenia as that isn't contagious. as I am shure you would like.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Is'nt there a place here to chat about things like this without people mocking you?. It's like some people wait for a new post to pop up so they can mock them.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieFinny
reply to post by ntc0394

don't worry we wont 'mock' you
if you read the other posts in the thread most of us believe in shadow people... and are very intrigued about what they are and concerned about why they're acting strangely.

I just have to note the irony between this post and the one directly below it by Orphen.

ntc0394: Don't be offended there're always people that do this. Since I have nothing invested, I see the humor.

Also, if you notice an earlier post. I'm sure you're used to dismissing the schizo comments. To be diagnosed you have to meet two or more conditions of a mental health clinical guideline called the DSM IV.

This just helped identify a posters ignorance. Some of the more self proclaimed enlightened folks have made ignorant statements on this thread too.
edit on 20-4-2011 by ncoic because: because I'm awesome

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieFinny

im learning to be a medium, also studying psychology, but i still think a doc is the way to go with this! i also suffer mental health problems, which are not helped by my experiences! i do understand but this is medical.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by awakeningsandman
One thing I have notised after controlling a large shaddow over several years is that the more good you force them to do the lighter shade they turn. the large one i have had for over 10 years now is allmost white and looks like an old beared man, "was blacker than black, and looked like a floting faceless grimm reaper" and nolonger has to be forced to do good it jest dose good and then trys to show me what it did. I think that the more good you make one do the purer it becomes. I Think I may have found out a very usefull way of converting the dargness to light.

i don't mean to sound cynical... but i don't believe this (sorry), in my experience they don't seem to understand or be able to communicate effectively with us... other people who i know personally also back this up...

also as they don't seem to be able to affect things in this astral-plane (or dimension)...yet!... i don't understand what kind of ''good deeds'' they can be doing.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ntc0394

Don't feal bad I've been fending them off all night. jest skip past there post. otherwise you have to make like 3 post to clear things up.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

the simple way, they like to drain people of energy. find someone about to go on a crime spree and tell the shaddow drain him. shaddow is happy with energy for now. crime spree man gose to sleep for two days. no crime spree. no phiscal interaction by shaddow. And thanks for the niceness.
edit on 20-4-2011 by awakeningsandman because: left a word out

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I have tried to embed the images into the posts but to no avail necessitating the imageshack links. The tutorials here on ATS for image posting seem to refer to an outdated ATS layout, but hopefully I am just looking in the wrong place and someone can steer me to some better info on posting images.

When you are sitting here in front of a 20" monitor and using Photoshop to adjust brightness, contrast, saturation etc. and zooming in and out it really becomes rather startling the number of different faces that seem to be in some of these images, a few of which appear to be non-human.

A little context:

The first haunted house we lived in for five years in the '90s had periods of very intense, multi-faceted activity that many people experienced and so we really weren't too concerned with validation or documentation as opposed to simply finding a way to coexist with it until we could move out.

We then spent seven wonderful years in a new house that had nothing at all supernatural going on. What a relief it was. After that respite we moved into a home that had been owned by a local firefighter who pulled out onto the highway in front of a semi-truck on his motorcycle and was killed instantly. In four years we had perhaps 8-10 relatively uninteresting encounters with what we assume was his ghost.

Then into another newer ghost free home for two years prior to moving up into the mountains to our present household. This place sort of creeped me out before we moved in. There were some weird, protective religious icons left by the prior inhabitants, but there were also a lot of positives about it so we went for it.

My wife and I had no experiences initially but after perhaps a month things started happening. We had learned from prior experience that it is best to accept and ignore this kind of phenomena and get on with your life. One of our adult sons then paid us a two-week visit. We had told him nothing regarding our concerns about our new place, but the first night he was here he had a disturbing experience. He then started taking dozens of pictures with his phone as well as doing some EVP work, both of which yielded some strange results. I too started taking pictures with my digital camera resulting in similar images of faces, some of which are quite distinctive and repeated again and again throughout the house.

Below is a link to another image. This mustachioed gentleman leering out of the bathroom doorway is seen repeatedly.

img69.imageshack.us...

I hope this post is not straying too far from the subject of shadow people and their activities, but for those of you who have a healthy skepticism about this type of thing, I just wanted to say that my wife and I were similarly inclined until having this type of phenomena force us over many years into a grudging and inevitable acceptance of its reality.
edit on 20-4-2011 by Elbereth because: needless repitition

edit on 20-4-2011 by Elbereth because: wrong decade

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I'm going to clear things up once and for all

I HAVE SEEN A PSYCHIATRIST, SHE IS A FAMILY FRIEND. SHE SAYS I'M SANE.
SHE SEES THEM TOO. SHE HAS A DEGREE IN BOTH PSYCHOLOGY AND PARAPSYCHOLOGY (SHE'S DARE I SAY, QUITE FAMOUS IN THE LATTER FIELD)... THE SHADOW PEOPLE ARE A REGULAR TOPIC OF DISCUSSION BETWEEN HER AND HER COLLEAGUES.

WE CAN'T ALL BE INSANE. IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT THINGS THAT ARE STRANGE ARE SOMETIMES PARANORMAL YOUR LIVES MUST BE BORING AND RATHER DEVOID OF MYSTERY...

WE'VE BEEN TOLD TO GO AND SEE A DOCTOR SO MANY TIMES NOW, WE GET THE POINT.
IF YOU HAVE THE URGE TO POST EXACTLY THE SAME THING AS THE OTHER... please.... just leave the thread without posting

skeptics are welcome providing they aren't rude and they have an argument besides ''you're crazy, see a doctor''

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Also the reason i can probly comunicate well with the shaddows is that I am a mild telepath. Never thought others couldn't think to them as i do.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I agree with most of what you said Saturn. That is the bane of the paranormal investigator's existence: how to prove these things exist to others that need to see it with their own eyes. I posted an idea of how to potentially figure out if they leave a physical imprint or not (iron filings). For many of us, these things are as real as the computer in front of us, or the neighbor next door, or the flowers growing in our gardens. I don't rule out the possibility that some cases could be signs of a medical condition, but to immediately trust doctors to tell you what is wrong, when the experiences are so out of the norm, is, in my opinion, not the best choice. Obviously, getting checked up would be a good thing (I've done it several times myself, and, as always, I'm "healthy as an ox" as my doctor likes to put it). My GP is well aware of my "second sight" and we have some very interesting conversations about it at times. He has even stated to me that science doesn't know everything about everything and that his mind is always open to new concepts. I tried to get him to go on an investigation with us, but he looked frightened of the prospect.

The fact that the empirical evidence is so bountiful in this case gives it more validity. Faeries, gnomes, etc. all have varying stories attached to them, whereas the stories of the Shadow Beings are almost 100% consistent. Yeah, no bodies, no physical evidence, but then again, we are only beginning to understand some of the greater physics concepts that exist out there. Maybe these things defy some of the laws of our physics.

I guess there is always a little leap of faith that has to be taken to fully engross one's self in these types of matters. I mean, even if someone got something definitive on tape, how many people do you know right here on ATS that would say "Oh, that's just an After Effects job, or CGI?" I mean, it happens all the damn time. So even if someone did find compelling evidence, short of sending one of these things to every skeptic's house and asking these things to personally talk to each and every skeptic, there will always be that disbelief.

I guess frustration is our (paranormal investigators) lot in life. Frustrated that we can't get them to show up on camera, frustrated that people call us nutters, frustration that we can see these things and others can't, frustration that people quickly try to explain these things away by saying that we need medication, medical treatment, etc.

I will have to personally double my efforts in an attempt to capture one of these on film or some other media. I'll have to see if there are any rental firms around here that have access to a magnetic field camera. I might be able to get some results on one of those.....now if I can just find some clients that are specifically having these issues....

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by awakeningsandman

yeah i don't think being rude is constructive... i just prefer when everyone is polite

this is a strange theory and a strange thing to have even happened... i was just curious do you think maybe this is another entity as i've never heard of shadow people doing this

also do they ever drain your energy... i ask because i believe i have a fedora man who has a keen interest in me (i don't know why i just feel it's always the same one), anyway he doesn't seem to drain me... he doesn't inspire fear in me either, which is a symptom of having your energy drained (isn't it?)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
In case people missed this it's a summary of most of the important things people were wondering about my experiences, an experience i had last night... and right at the bottom a theory (mainly about them possibly guarding us from or warning us about something)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

if you didn't miss it feel free to ignore this post but i just felt that some people were curious about my personal experiences

and as i said in the post... feel free to ask me any questions or to make requests about communication methods or whatnot...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

It sounds like you have a watcher. I don't know much about the watchers, jest that they showup watchyou nonstop and scatter other smaller shaddows. I get the fealing that they are garding those that they watch. If this is the case they are probly higher spirits in disguise so that they don't attrect undue attention from the larger shadows. sofar thats all i know about them as i don't have a watcher myself.
edit on 20-4-2011 by awakeningsandman because: extra word

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Allmost all shadows try to drane me any chance they get, it's like they think I am crack and they nead a fix. Thats why I keep the controled ones around constantly to eat the little crack addacts and keep them away from me. and it keeps my controlled ones well energy fed so they don't try to drane me.
edit on 20-4-2011 by awakeningsandman because: spelling

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
To those who keep saying folks to see these things are mentally ill consider it the other way around: those who see these things are totally sane.

To those who have been diagnosed with schizophrenia consider this. The average human eye can see only so many colors. But every so often a person comes along who can see twice as many colors as the average person. When said person looks at a yellow flower, he may say to his companions: "the flower is actually orange, white and only a tad yellow." The natural reaction of the companions is to say "go get help, there is something wrong with you as we all KNOW the flower is yellow." From their POV, they are right, from the person with the greater perceptions POV they are right. Sadly though, the companions reaction, rather than helping, only creates conflict. To all of you who keep saying "get help, we really care" are simply missing the point. The OP is not an irrational rant, but a fully formed post designed to connect with others who have the same experience to see if the changes are universal. There is a real difference between a rant and this post, and if you can't tell the difference you're probably not welcomed into the conversation.

Society cannot stand those who are different. Some time ago a concerted effort was made to make sure those with perceptions outside the mainstream were "diagnosed" and told - in no uncertain terms, that something was wrong with them. The folks on this thread are simply parroting back that wonderfully effective programming. They've been told, not via experience but by book and crook, that any perception out of the ordinary is a "mental illness." Those who say this don't really even know what is meant by "mental" and why the connection between mental and illness. This of course is the modern answer to the Church's version of, everything that is not normal is the devil's work. This of course is funny to me because the very people on this thread who would proudly say this OP is mentally ill, would scoff at the idea that the OP'ster is the devil.

To those who are experiencing such perception complications. what if you were told that there is nothing wrong with you? What if you were told the voices you hear are voices? The shadow people you see are shadow people? The colors you see that are beyond the pantone scale are real? And what if you were then told that having these perception abilities simply suck on the earth plane. The earth plane is more comfortable when these tools don't work, but in you they work, as such life will be much more of a pain in the butt. Forget trying to stop it at all, as this creates conflict and unnecessary pain. simply learn to work with it the best you can and keep in mind that those around you are actually the ones with the illness as they are not developed yet.

As for the actually topic at hand. Quite often the shadow people are looking for host bodies, could it be that their ability to find hosts is being compromised? Could it be that recent shifts in consciousness are making it harder for them to attach to the earth plane itself? Could it be that increased solar activity is antagonizing them?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

An example of my, old beared man shaddow working by itself. I can go to a party and chill having fun. as with most parties people start to get in confrontations. I'll bee chillin wateing to see if i nead to interfeer, then before i decide to do anything my old beared man will glide through the croud, I'll see it drain like 3 or 4 angrey people in the croud and turn to me then dissaper. very shortly after the confrountations stop and all the angrey people pass out, while everybody else has a good time. no influnance from me i jest watched. I don't know if this is good persay but it defently stops fights so it is good in my eyes.
edit on 20-4-2011 by awakeningsandman because: left some out

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I have noticed an increase in the activity in the shadows which led me to asking my eye dr. on Monday some pretty odd questions. It is not uncommon for individuals to see spots or "floaters" which is caused by excess protein on the lenses. This however, is not spots it is full size figures. He said my eyes were healthy and near perfect (which is odd since I did not wear the glasses prescribed last year). He stated that if I start to see clouding over my vision or if it is still bothering me I could come back.

I do not suffer from any mental illnesses and have passed the age for schizophrenia yet there are rare cases of late onset with some people, yet other than shadows I show no signs. I also do see a therapist to deal with personal issues that even clinically would not bring about such manifestations that began at childhood. I have mentioned this to my therapist whom says that as long as I know it is not flesh and bone and it does not inhibit my ability to function it is not really a threat, that many people see many different things that go undiagnosed. I am however, supposed to report if they start becoming more “real” so I guess I am not the only one to have this happen and sit in that office.

I have seen the hooded figures in threes since I was about five and they have always come before events that I need to cautious of. When I see three I always now to keep my eye out for life changing events and they have never steered me wrong, some events were things neither I nor anyone else could have seen coming. They often just stand there and I get the sense that I am being judge or interviewed, I think it is a hint that upcoming actions are vital. They should be everyday but it is easy to get in a habit and take some things for granted.

Recently there seems to be so many more, even sizes that take on the shape of children and small animals. My dog even reacts to them sometimes being too scared to sleep downstairs coming up for comfort and a bed to share (this is a 80lb bed hog) yet this only happens once in a while. Even my kids feel uncomfortable sometimes requesting that everyone sleep downstairs together. I do not give them a hard time just ask them what's up, to get an idea of what is going on. Only my oldest and youngest say anything one asking if I saw that too (which I always let her go first not wanting to fuel her mind) my youngest will ask where her best friend or even just her friend went, has even gone to describe what was in her room. I never probe for answers because sometimes I just love seeing my three-year-old describe things

I don't think I am ready to approach these entities and find them sometimes to be a little closer than I would like. Most often I explain my discomfort and kind of explain how things like this take time to adjust to out loud in hopes they listen, most times they draw back and just kind of watch or idle yet lately they seem more impatient. really think about it, if you could see into another world and developed a likening or love for the creatures there, really learned to empathize...would you not try to warn them when something bad was about to happen? Perhaps it is their own discomfort or urgency that sends off the unsettling vibes.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

crankyoldman,

I couldn't have said it better myself.

To those who are experiencing such perception complications. what if you were told that there is nothing wrong with you? What if you were told the voices you hear are voices? The shadow people you see are shadow people? The colors you see that are beyond the pantone scale are real? And what if you were then told that having these perception abilities simply suck on the earth plane. The earth plane is more comfortable when these tools don't work, but in you they work, as such life will be much more of a pain in the butt. Forget trying to stop it at all, as this creates conflict and unnecessary pain. simply learn to work with it the best you can and keep in mind that those around you are actually the ones with the illness as they are not developed yet.

I have been told that I'm perfectly fine. In fact, after several therapy sessions in the past, I was told that I need more sleep. No recommendations for meds, no statements that I needed psych treatment. Just, you need more sleep. I have come to terms with my "gift," and it's taken me a long time to do so. When I was a child, I was scared to death of anything paranormal, yet I read every book I could get my hands on concerning these things. I was a huge fan of the Ghostbusters, and through gaining knowledge, I learned to understand this phenomena. Knowledge is power, and while it's taken me the better part of my adult life to come to some sort of understanding about it, I feel more enlightened about the whole thing.

As for the actually topic at hand. Quite often the shadow people are looking for host bodies, could it be that their ability to find hosts is being compromised? Could it be that recent shifts in consciousness are making it harder for them to attach to the earth plane itself? Could it be that increased solar activity is antagonizing them?

Host bodies? Really? This is the first I have heard about that! I'm adding it to my notebook.
In every case that I have read they always seem to just stand and watch, sometimes make sinister smiles (the Fedora Men are the ones that do this the most), or sometimes they reach out, but can never actually touch. There are a very few amount of cases where people have claimed that these things have tried to pull them out of bed, scratch them, etc., but with the observations I have personally made about the Shadow Beings, these incidents are completely out of the norm, and are probably not really Shadow Beings as I have come to know them.

I think with the recent shifts in consciousness, I think quite the contrary has happened. Before, I've observed the beings that use to visit me, phasing through walls, through floors from behind doors, et al. However, as Zombie has observed, they seem to be following certain physical properties such as walking around chairs, walking through open doorways and not through the doors themselves, etc.

Now, the solar activity is intriguing. The amount of EM radiation that bounces off the Earth could be doing something weird to these things. That would go along with my hypothesis of these things traveling through the EM spectrum as opposed to the visual spectrum. Every science experiment distributor I have found will not sell iron filings to people outside of a school environment. I'm going to have to check with my school's science teacher and see if she can order me a bunch of it. Being an educator myself, I might be able to just order it and have it shipped to my school...but then again, it would look weird if a music teacher was ordering science supplies...

Thanks for your input.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker
edit on 20-4-2011 by truthseeker1984 because: grammar error, because I'm a grammar Nazi

edit on 20-4-2011 by truthseeker1984 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join