It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are shadow people suddenly acting so strangely

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TimeCrisis
Person A hears voices and succumbs to the social steriotype that they must have schizophrenia.They are given drugs to eliminate the voices (or block them out) and lead a miserable life thinking they have a serious problem.
Person B hears the same voices, realises they are real and that the general understanding of this phenomenon is massively ignorant and they go on to lead a life as a medium with a much greater understanding of the nature of the universe.
That is not quite accurate. My mother had schizophrenia and while some very interesting paranormal things did manifest for her and for us as healthy third party witnesses, she was still in a very bad way and a danger to herself and others due to being deluded by whatever beings she was perceiving or manufacturing in her own diseased imagination. She took me for a demon once and tried to kill me. Fortunately she responded well to medication and is perfectly normal and a lovely woman and excellent mother and grandmother these days. So I would never offer a blanket condemnation of psychiatry since it saved my mother's life and restored her to us.

When the "veil" thinned out to a degree that was detrimental to me a few years ago, I took the pragmatic approach of seeking mental help and doing very basic home blessing where I threw sea salt around and basically just said all entities get out of my house. The medication Zoloft rendered me unable to perceive anything of a paranormal nature, which was a great relief. I do believe that there is legitimate mental illness, but I don't think that suffering from a brain chemistry imbalance or injury necessarily precludes all paranormal possibilities. There are far too many accounts from respectable healthy witnesses throughout history to discount. I think that there can be a combination of manufactured/ imaginary problems and uncatalogued entities that exploit the vulnerabilities of the mentally ill in order to manifest themselves in this dimension.

Getting back to shadow people and the original topic, what a coincidence for me to come upon this topic this morning. Usually I avoid shadow people topics because I think it only puts me in a frame of mind to notice them more. And I normally try to block them out. But last night I couldn't help but perceive a lot of them and I thought to myself my goodness there are a lot of them about and they are feisty. I can not usually or rather I choose not to see them. But I can sense them in other ways when I choose to pay a bit extra attention to my surroundings. And I've been doing that these days because of the odd sky rumbling a lot of us have been hearing. They make a kind of subtle shift in air pressure and the sounds of my slight tinnitus will change. When I do see them, I've never seen hats or cloaks. I see blobs. Small cat blobs seem benign or neutral. Larger man shaped blobs seem sentient and mischievous or malicious. I do not see them well enough to make out any details. They move fast. The only time they seem to linger is when I encounter them in sleep paralysis or upon wakening from a weird dream where it feels like they are trying to pull me into an OOBE. Otherwise they apparently have places to go, people and dogs to freak out.

I wouldn't mind the cat ones, but when I start seeing too many of these around, inevitably one of the big man sized ones will show up, so I can't let any of them be around. The only way I know to do that is spread salt around and verbally declare the house off limits. I'm a Christian so I invoke the names of arch angels and throw out some biblical sounding stuff. Yes it's quite campy and funny. I'm always up for a laugh, anyway. I honestly don't know if all that actually chases them away. I used to think so, but now I think what it does is put ME in the frame of mind to not see them or heed them.

Now I'm quite happy, productive and well adjusted, so don't be telling me to see a shrink, peanut gallery. Trust me, if I were to become bothered to the point of becoming miserable, unproductive and a poor wife, mother, and member of the community, I'd be the first one on the phone to the good doctor.

edit on 20-4-2011 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: Typos. The gremlins made me do it. Mwahaha

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
One thing I have notised after controlling a large shaddow over several years is that the more good you force them to do the lighter shade they turn. the large one i have had for over 10 years now is allmost white and looks like an old beared man, "was blacker than black, and looked like a floting faceless grimm reaper" and nolonger has to be forced to do good it jest dose good and then trys to show me what it did. I think that the more good you make one do the purer it becomes. I Think I may have found out a very usefull way of converting the dargness to light.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Many people suffer from mental illness. Inevitably, many people see shadow people!

If someone is seeing "shadow people" and these "shadow people" are starting to act out and act differently, you should go see a professional. This is the only responsible recommendation to make here.

You can spout off "open minded" and all sorts of other comfort words, but the fact remains, another human is seeing "shadow people" and is telling us that they cant "touch" him..... meaning he has done some tests with these "shadow people".

Never in my life did I think I was going to be having a semi serious conversation about "shadow people"

This shadow people talk is getting old... lets have a serious talk about gnomes and thingamajig's.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lulzaroonie
reply to post by mellisamouse

This having been said, does a shadow person 'haunt' a person or a place? Any one with any thoughts on this?

They hang around certain places i find.I have two in my house,one is in my garage.Hes kinda of the quiet type ,he keeps his distance and kind of stands and stares.The other is more sinister, a few times i have walked into my sons bedroom at nite time and caught him standing beside the bed.he always turns and looks at me them backs away and disapears.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by awakeningsandman

I don't mean to appear ignorant, but how do you ask a Shadow Person to do good deeds? Just ask them? What deeds do they do?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
the term perception should be taken in here i think
i wouldnt be saying straight away that the shadow people dont exist, i think that the idea of mental illness has gone a bit out of hand. i urge EVERYONE who reads this to check out this link.
www.cassiopaea.org...

i believe what you would be seeing is those in another dimension, ghosts or other similar possible entities.
it is believed we are supposed to be evolving, to have the ability to see into other dimensions, other light spectrum's and many other things
its simple for something that science cant explain to be simply covered up and or ignored by the masses.
edit on 20-4-2011 by rbzilla because: none

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by OverMan

Whatever man. By your logic, everybody that claims to see things that others can't must be right because really, sanity is just an illusion created by society right? Thank you for opening my eyes to my own narrow minded view by offering the opposite narrow minded view. You've obviously reached a level of enlightenment that I could never even dream to obtain.
Nobody is crazy and there is no such thing as a disease or disorder that can be treated by conventional medicine. My third eye has just opened, thank you. (sarcasm).

If you read my post and had any level of word comprehension you'd realize that I offered two solutions. I neither believe any of these stories the posters have given, nor do I argue their validity. If the OP is so in touch that he/she is seeing these things, than he/she would have no trouble sifting through the BS. By seeking both medical professionals and paranormal professionals, it may be easier to either eradicate these experiences or increase understanding of it. If you, yourself have such a great understanding of the world and the veils that blur, then any profession's false expertise wouldn't fool you. By seeing subject matter experts on either side of the spectrum, one can better make an informed and educated decision.

Besides, if you have the right perception, conventional knowledge may offer you better spiritual insight than the so called spiritual subject matter experts and if you have exceptional insight it offers a different perspective. It's called ruling out the commonality. Refusing any possibility without first exploring it is just ignorant.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lulzaroonie
reply to post by awakeningsandman

I don't mean to appear ignorant, but how do you ask a Shadow Person to do good deeds? Just ask them? What deeds do they do?

They cant, thats the point, I dont think they are capable of good deeds.there only interest is sqeezing negative energy out of people in order to feed off.

As a side not i do honestly think that these are the Jinn spoken about in arabic lore.A race that exists alongside humans.I think this is where the Genee legend comes from.Where they can offer to help you but it almost always it ends in tragedy.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Have had a shadow person trailing me my entire life. He is HUGE. I am 6'6" and this guy towers over me a good two feet. How do I know? He stands at the foot of my bad sometimes and just stares. His is very much what i would describe as the "Grim Reaper" in that his is tall, broad, no face that can be distinguished and is in a large hooded robe that covers even where its hands would be. It's energy level is enough to bend light and it does anytime there is a lightsource near it, like there is a rift right behind it from which it came. It has never threatened me, does not move in any 'jerky' fasion but is very quick and doesn't like it when i address it; it hides when I talk to it, but comes out when I leave it alone for an hour or so. It has only showed itself to my older brother, who made fun of me for it until he saw it and went white. My brother thinks its a demon/evil spirit, I think its a watcher, my personal watcher that is guarding me for when I am to rise and complete the task given to me. I cannot say it is evil, rather I believe it is simply purposeful, like God made it for the sole purpose of watching and monitoring those he has given tasks to.

If anything you may have been tasked with something that you may be getting ready to rise up and begin, and they are reacting accordingly. If that is the case you will do what you were meant to do.

You see not everyone has been given a task to complete in life, only some. There are those who have specific tasks, and those who were made to just live and progress.

I have a weird question for you, do you feel like your soul is not the only one, or thing, in your body?

To those who would be concerned, thank you for your concern but I mentally fit and have no syndroms, illnesses, nor do i do drugs. (I smoke, not a drug people). I am Christian and I can promise you that this does not conflict with my faith, it fits quite hand in hand actually...

Pro Rege et Populo

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Oh noes!

Its the Vashta Nerada!!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

If some one is haunted, or followed by shaddows that are trying to do more than scare them. I'll see such a person then think very clearly to those under my controll and send them idias like, "wouldn't it be fun for you to go absorbe those weaker shaddows, if not intrested i'll through in, and you can tap my energy later if you absorbe those shaddows following that person. they tend to go for it jest to gain power. the trick is making them think they are having fun doing bad and eating each other, when in fact they are healping that person by easing there load. the result is a lighter purer shaddow. you can also ask them, "thinking very clearly" to defuse arguments and bad situations by devowering the negative energy whtch they like to do. the trick is to only let them feed on disired sorces. and not to let them interact with anything else, so as not to create more negativy witch is there normal intent.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by PoopDawg

Unfortunately the doctor will come up with some off the wall answer, write a prescription, and continue with the drugging of America!! Sad part..........it is very well possible that either could be true (shadows or disease); maybe crazy..........then again, maybe not!!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ncoic

You talk like a good sheep; Keep going.

Why should these experiences be eradicated? Why are they not real?

And actually there are many scientific branches like quantum physics for example that have discovered and rightfully so that the inner world is just as real as the outer world.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ZombieFinny

Dear ZombieFinny

I used to see shadow people a lot but somehow it had stopped for a while.The past couple of weeks they are back.I see them in my house,on the street,in the shop where i work and in larger numbers.

In the past they seem not be aware of my presence or they ignored me,we used to coexist with no complications,now something is different.Not only the don't ignore me anymore but they are trying to get my attention.

It all started again when one night i was walking home and i felt that someone was following me.I turned and i saw a young man,around 20(not a shadow,very clear).He was very close to me and i asked him if he wanted anything.He looked scared and seconds later he turned into shadow and faded away.His face looked scared or surprised.I stayed in that spot for a while in case he appeared again,but didn't happened.Since then i see them more frequently,

Last night again as i was walking home in the middle of my street a bar appeared ,that made me jump back to avoid it.It was kind of funny and luckily there was noone around to see me.

I don't believe that the shadow people are demonic entities.Perhaps they are inhabitants of a parallel universe.Maybe we are the shadow people in their reality.People who say that they have never seen them,i believe they have but their mind has created an explanation to rationalise the situation or they ignore them completely.Another explanation is that the fabric between the universes is getting thinner and that is why are able to see more of them.

I am not afraid of them.They cannot hurt us and we cannot hurt them.We just have to learn to live with each other.Oh and one advice:Next time you see them,before they do anything,try to get their attention first.Talk to them or try to go close to them and wave your hands like you want them to see you.

Anyway for those who talk about mental illness,i would like to make clear that my mother had me tested when i was a kid and even now i see a phychologist once a month for my peace of mind and because of the nature of my interests,so noone can call me crazy.Twice a year i go to an eye doctor and apart from a little myopia i have no other problem.

link   

Originally posted by awakeningsandman

If some one is haunted, or followed by shaddows that are trying to do more than scare them. I'll see such a person then think very clearly to those under my controll and send them idias like, "wouldn't it be fun for you to go absorbe those weaker shaddows, if not intrested i'll through in, and you can tap my energy later if you absorbe those shaddows following that person. they tend to go for it jest to gain power. the trick is making them think they are having fun doing bad and eating each other, when in fact they are healping that person by easing there load. the result is a lighter purer shaddow. you can also ask them, "thinking very clearly" to defuse arguments and bad situations by devowering the negative energy whtch they like to do. the trick is to only let them feed on disired sorces. and not to let them interact with anything else, so as not to create more negativy witch is there normal intent.

Thats a dangerous game to play.What your doing is a form of black magic. black magic is where you are esentialy manipulating lower dimensionery beings to do your bidding for you. This is not advisable since you are dealing with creatures possibly far more intellegent and powerful than you are.

link   
maybe these shadow folk are ordinary sentient beings like us but living their lives at a slightly different plane than ourselves. maybe they seem to us like they are looking at us because they are; we are shadow people to them. maybe they are getting restless and in more numbers because the line that separates us is diminishing for some reason and we are appearing to them in greater numbers and freaking them out. just as we may yell, posture and lurch at a shadow figure from our end, they may be doing this to us to make us "go away"...just a thought.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

i get the fealing that the shaddows create the disease if you listen to them. that is whey i am trying to convert the shaddows to the light. this way there will be more and more that help us out of this world of darkness. I have seen a white one but only for a moment. the large one i controll is allmost there, "white".

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Peripheral vision disturbance and feelings of unease (i.e. a ghost or shadow sighting) is the result of infrasound wave interference. You may be familiar with the term ultrasound, which refers to sounds higher than our ears can detect (over 20,000 Hz) similarly, infrasound refers to sound waves that are lower than our ears can detect (~20 Hz).

Specifically, it is a noise at a low enough frequency that we can't consciously hear it, but our ears still sense it. The process of receiving sensory input without your conscious mind understanding where it's coming from wreaks havoc with your emotions. Researchers found that sounds between 7 Hz and 19 Hz induced fear, dread and panic (sound familiar?). They did an experiment where they sneaked in low frequency sounds at a live concert, at the end of the experiment 22% of the people reported unexplainable dread, chills and depression when infrasound was blasted into the crowd. So here we have a phenomenon that occurs in nature, is invisible, is imperceptible on a conscious level, but can also make you feel irrational fear, even if you are sitting in an empty room (this sounds very familiar.)

How do we see ghosts then I hear you ask? It's the same phenomenon. In an engineering building, a researcher known as Vic Tandy noticed that cleaning staff as well as fellow researchers said they had been feeling dread, depression and the feeling that someone was watching them. Every so often, the staff would see dark figures out the corner of their eyes. After eliminating possible suspects, such as poisonous gas or faulty equipment he realised that it only occurred in one part of his laboratory, he also found out that by putting a sheet of metal in a vice, it would vibrate on it's own. He eventually found out that the reason for this was a 'silent' exhaust fan that was sending out low frequency vibrations that reverberated off the walls causing a wave at, you guessed it, 18.9 Hz.

18.9 Hz is the frequency at which the eyeball naturally resonates, when you are in the presence of a sound wave that resonates at the same frequency of an object, it causes it to "wobble" (think a champagne glass that can be smashed at a certain frequency). At this frequency, your eye can mistake small objects such as a speck of dust as a large moving shapes. Predictably, once the vibrating fan was removed, the visions stopped and the feelings of dread and depression disappeared.
edit on 20/4/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Just to fill anyone in that thinks any of us need help. Stop trying to advise us as to what we "should" be doing. Who are you anyways? What makes you qualified.

And dont give me that cockimamy bull s*** about how you have family member who were diagnosed with the schiz. I dont care. I saw what I f****** saw. I felt a hand on me. I felt/saw/experienced myself being pulled BACK into this.....state of mind. State of being. Somewhere else.

Im not a nut and thats what is getting to me. Some of you think none of this is real or that its simply in my dreams. You're wrong. You're just dead wrong. My mind is here, and its strong enough to help me see that this is not a world for just us.

These things touched me damit. It scared the hell out of me. They took me off the ship people. They were all over that damn thing. Think about it. They turn red lights on the ship at night. Makes it super dark but light in the right places. How easy do you think it is for shadow people to show up whenever and wherever they want.

Im sticking to this case, and i know that some day something is gonna happen. Things like this cannot remain the same forever. The air is bringing change.

Late

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by auraelium

It's a mixture of light and dark magic. dark to gain controle and trust from the shaddow, and light to purify the shaddow. disigned in such a way that if they revolt all at once i can bind/imprison them to a animal that i can watch and take care of it till its death, a chance for me to recupe my energy to banish them. however once the go grey white the start to like being good, and so I have had little problim. and have defused many local situations.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join