It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hijacking America Is A Bush Family Tradition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

A BBC Radio 4 investigation sheds new light on a major subject that has received little historical attention, the conspiracy on behalf of a group of influential powerbrokers, led by Prescott Bush, to overthrow FDR and implement a fascist dictatorship in the U.S. based around the ideology of Mussolini and Hitler.

In 1933, Marine Corps Maj.-Gen. Smedley Butler was approached by a wealthy and secretive group of industrialists and bankers, including Prescott Bush the current President's grandfather, who asked him to command a 500,000 strong rogue army of veterans that would help stage a coup to topple then President Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

According to the BBC, the plotters intended to impose a fascist takeover and "Adopt the policies of Hitler and Mussolini to beat the great depression."

Major-General Butler agreed to the offer so that he could "infiltrate" the group and find out who exactly was behind the coup attempt.

The conspirators were operating under the umbrella of a front group called the American Liberty League, which included many families that are still household names today, including Heinz, Colgate, Birds Eye and General Motors.

Once Butler was able to uncover those behind the coup attempt he blew the whistle, however, none of those involved were ever prosecuted and the entire incident was swept under the rug and Butler was made to look like he had fabricated the entire story. Further, the committee formed to investigate the allegations never included Butler's statement in their report.

A New York Times editorial dismissed Butler's story as "a gigantic hoax" and a "bald and unconvincing narrative." Thomas W. Lamont of J.P. Morgan called it "perfect moonshine." General Douglas MacArthur, alleged to be the back-up leader of the putsch if Butler declined, referred to it as "the best laugh story of the year." Time magazine and other publications also scoffed at the allegations.

However, the Committee refused to even question any of the individuals named by Butler and his testimony was omitted from the record, leading to charges that they were involved in covering the matter up, and the majority of the media blackballed the story.

So, it appears that George W. Bush was simply completing the mission started by his Grandfather, and the hijacking of America has long been the ultimate goal of the Bush family.

The proven record of Prescott Bush's involvement in financing the Nazi war machine dovetails with the fact that he was part of a criminal cabal that actively sought to impose a fascist coup in America.

Prescott did not succeed but many would argue that two generations down the line the mission has all but been accomplished.

www.prisonplanet.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.larouchepub.com...

edit on 19-4-2011 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

Truly one of the most ignored conspiracies in the history of the United States.

The idea that a member of a coup d'etat against our Republic could end up having both his son and grandson eventually elected President is mind-boggling. For that matter how could Bush Sr. ever achieve the position of Director of the CIA? If your father truly conspired to overthrow our government, that would seem to be a bit of a "black mark" on one's resume.

Glad to see you've brought this back into the light.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This reminded me of the "mission accomplished" banner on the aircraft carrier that Dubya landed on during Operation Iraqi Fiefdom". Of course he didn't fly the plane and the carrier was off the coast of California but hey, it's looks that count.
I see some irony in the Heinz family involvement in the FDR coup attempt and JW Kerry marrying the Heinz family heir. I guess the old skull and bones hangs together through the ages,
Nothing like family traditions eh?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I will let GWB speak for himself:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hessling

Truly one of the most ignored conspiracies in the history of the United States.

The idea that a member of a coup d'etat against our Republic could end up having both his son and grandson eventually elected President is mind-boggling. For that matter how could Bush Sr. ever achieve the position of Director of the CIA? If your father truly conspired to overthrow our government, that would seem to be a bit of a "black mark" on one's resume.

Glad to see you've brought this back into the light.

I agree. I had only found out about this a few days ago and was shocked to say the least. Seems like some of the corporations involved keep popping up even today.
www.huppi.com...

The answer was a military coup. It was to be secretly financed and organized by leading officers of the Morgan and Du Pont empires. This included some of America's richest and most famous names of the time:

Irenee Du Pont - Right-wing chemical industrialist and founder of the American Liberty League, the organization assigned to execute the plot.
Grayson Murphy - Director of Goodyear, Bethlehem Steel and a group of J.P. Morgan banks.
William Doyle - Former state commander of the American Legion and a central plotter of the coup.
John Davis - Former Democratic presidential candidate and a senior attorney for J.P. Morgan.
Al Smith - Roosevelt's bitter political foe from New York. Smith was a former governor of New York and a codirector of the American Liberty League.
John J. Raskob - A high-ranking Du Pont officer and a former chairman of the Democratic Party. In later decades, Raskob would become a "Knight of Malta," a Roman Catholic Religious Order with a high percentage of CIA spies, including CIA Directors William Casey, William Colby and John McCone.
Robert Clark - One of Wall Street's richest bankers and stockbrokers.
Gerald MacGuire - Bond salesman for Clark, and a former commander of the Connecticut American Legion. MacGuire was the key recruiter to General Butler.

edit on 19-4-2011 by IamAbeliever because: add link

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
What I find most interesting about this is, there were people on both ends of the political spectrum involved. Left and Right were involved in an attempted fascist coup.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
What I find most interesting about this is, there were people on both ends of the political spectrum involved. Left and Right were involved in an attempted fascist coup.

As is today.

They seem to be more successful today.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
This reminded me of the "mission accomplished" banner on the aircraft carrier that Dubya landed on during Operation Iraqi Fiefdom". Of course he didn't fly the plane and the carrier was off the coast of California but hey, it's looks that count.
I see some irony in the Heinz family involvement in the FDR coup attempt and JW Kerry marrying the Heinz family heir. I guess the old skull and bones hangs together through the ages,
Nothing like family traditions eh?

Definitely seems to be a small group, be they part of a certain family or an heir to a corporation, that controls the government in this country.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Oh how he would have loved to have been dictator. Thankfully, there are term limits in this country, because given another four years he would have completely run roughshod over the last of our liberties.

top topics

join