It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we sheeple for having bought into alternative news?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
Independent thinking comes only after looking after facts and if the facts point out one way or another that's where they stand. Looking at "alternative media" does NOT make one an independent thinker. It in fact can make people quite the opposite.

I think this somehow begs the question "what is thought?". Lately I have reflected a bit on differences in mental processes. My impresssion is that we often mistake any waking mental activity as "thinking", wherease in actuality it's ever so often mere replays of preconcieved concepts and notions. Kind of like a parrot, it does not speak, it mimics sounds (to my knowledge...).
To me independent thinking comes from what we make out of inputted stuff. Be it FOX-News or some esoteric youtube-channel. Depending on what one makes of information is my definition of thinking. Repeating information is not thinking. It saddens me when "truth-seekers" go all fundamental about Zeitgeist and end up kind of like Bill O'Reilly. Same #, different package.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
way too many negative people that reply to posts here...
makes me wonder why they do thjat, are they THAT unhappy with their own lives that they gotta make everyone else miserablwe?
I mean, its not our fault half of them live in mommy's or grandma's basement as 40+ year old virgins, is it?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Sheep are sheep, but consider this.

It is better to be a free range sheep than to be an ear tagged slaughter house sheep waiting in line for "your turn".
My 2 cents.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join