It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the US Air Force and CIA documents about UFOs well known on ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
In the same way that I posted the quick question Is the Silas Newton hoax well known on ATS? before bothering to spend a fair amount of time pulling together the material in my recent thread Debunked! The FBI alien bodies memo – A case study in the reinvention of the wheel, I thought I'd ask another quick question :

I've assumed these documents are reasonably well known, but recent press coverage has caused me to question that presumption.

For example, in the last week "The Sun" newspaper in England has written an article which stated that "The US Air Force had a secret unit that probed UFO sightings for 22 years", as if project were not already well known. See:
www.thesun.co.uk...

Is it worth my spending some time putting together an overview with some of the more interesting documents? Or would that be wasting my time setting out things already well known here?

A few indications from members of ATS of their knowledge - or lack of knowledge - of such documents (and their availability online) would be helpful in letting me know whether a thread about it would be helpful or just a waste of my time.

(Edit: I'll assume from silence that there isn't much interest).

All the best,

Isaac

edit on 19-4-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Isaac, I for one would definitely appreciate you doing such a thing.

I'd especially be interested to see how many documents there are relating to British "UFO's" as many people tend to trend towards what’s only going on in America. I'd really like to see more links between countries discussing the phenomena, rather than what the CIA or USAF are doing to cover it up. It's the same old predictable thing...

Also, with someone pointing users to creditable documents that are actually worth spending time reading ATS members would become somewhat more productive in their arguments.

I look forward to your response.
edit on 19/4/11 by TrixXxtaR because: Spelling Corrections etc...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
id be interested to see that.. i dont know much about it personally, and it would be good if someone could put all the relevant information into one thread..
ill keep my eye out for it..
(although.. please no more links from the sun..
)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Go for it boss, always like your threads and my knowledge on the subject is not the greatest. Only do it, if you'll enjoy enlightening the uneducated though!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I don't know that much about them to be honest. I have probably read some of them in books over the years but I wouldn't mind a recap.

If some one as well versed and articulate as you Isaac can do all the hard work for me, then I'm all for it

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The ATS community would be happy to have another informational thread made by you Isaac. Keep up the great work.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Theres any amount of documents are'nt known to me personaly. Firstly becaus e i dont believe that the Gov will ever release anything thats definative. Secondly because i find the exercise labourious and tediouse.

If you were to create such a thread with some bullet points and reason why you believe these are important. I would be very happy to read it and maybe educate myself a little further.

I understand that a lot can be gleamed from what the Gov does'nt say, and a bunch of Docs that point in a certain direction. Can be used as proof to a certain degree.

I look forward to it.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi
In the same way that I posted the quick question Is the Silas Newton hoax well known on ATS? before bothering to spend a fair amount of time pulling together the material in my recent thread Debunked! The FBI alien bodies memo – A case study in the reinvention of the wheel, I thought I'd ask another quick question :

I've assumed these documents are reasonably well known, but recent press coverage has caused me to question that presumption.

For example, in the last week "The Sun" newspaper in England has written an article which stated that "The US Air Force had a secret unit that probed UFO sightings for 22 years", as if project were not already well known. See:
www.thesun.co.uk...

Is it worth my spending some time putting together an overview with some of the more interesting documents? Or would that be wasting my time setting out things already well known here?

A few indications from members of ATS of their knowledge - or lack of knowledge - of such documents (and their availability online) would be helpful in letting me know whether a thread about it would be helpful or just a waste of my time.

(Edit: I'll assume from silence that there isn't much interest).

All the best,

Isaac

edit on 19-4-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

Isaac, your analytical skills in this area are always much appreciated. Sadly (from a site with the name of 'deny ignorance') sometimes the information you provide goes against the wishes of those who will denounce the red top tabloids when it suits them, but treat them as gospel when they publish something that seems to tie in with their belief. Anything you write Isaac, I always enjoy reading, purely for your forensic, non biased approach.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
My opinion

The FBI and CIA will only show the people fake documentation or letters written to them by farmers.

If there, indeed, was documentation on an actual "encounter" of alien life forms, I don't think these organizations would share it with the public. Too much risk of panic.

Trust me, seeing the way people are today, PANIC will probably be the outcome.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Ok, thanks for the responses so far. It sounds like there is sufficient interest in such a thread on US Air Force and CIA documents to give me some comfort that I would not be entirely wasting my time.

I'll add it to my "to do" list...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by EL1A5
The FBI and CIA will only show the people fake documentation or letters written to them by farmers.

The CIA documentation contains considerably more than that (as do the Air Force documents)...

The FBI documents are probably the LEAST interesting, which is why - after all the fuss about the FBI "vault" - I've been wondering how familiar members of ATS are with the Air Force and CIA documents.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Go for it Isaac - and thanks in advance from archivists such as I and many others that appreciate the hard work, dedication, and attention to detail that such an endeavor entails.

One word of caution. The FBI is one thing. The CIA another game altogether. Got bug-sniffers?

Oh, and while your at it, sure, toss in the USAF and, especially, anything you can dig up from their pals at the uber-clandestine National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency as well. My bet is the NGA has the juiciest stuff around - they go to great lengths to stay under the radar. For good reason methinks. Few here on ATS ever mention them. It must be working...

Thanks and good luck buddy. Love your "D.I." attitude!

edit on 4/19/2011 by Outrageo because: typo

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
As a new member who enjoys reading your informative posts, please go for it.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

You should include the Coast Guard document from the incident over Lake Erie as well, although it's not Air Force or CIA. It's a super bizarre event, and the document is an interesting read.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Hello, today I read the book of Anthony Sanchez: UFO HIGHWAY: The Dulce Interview. The level of detail and references is amazing, did anyone else read this?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orkojoker
You should include the Coast Guard document from the incident over Lake Erie as well, although it's not Air Force or CIA.

The narrower the focus, the sooner I'll find the time to create the thread...

new topics

top topics

join