It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't you Believe in God?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Why don't I believe in God?
Which God do you want me to believe in?
The Rain God? Sun God? Neptune? Zeus? Oh, the list is endless............

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesk8s247

I don't believe in any kind of god. I was raised Mormon, and once I was able to break away and stop being forced to attend that church and decide for my own self what felt and seemed right, I became an athiest. I have NEVER been as happy in my life as I am now. I believe in being a decent human, not being forced or trying to force others to worship something as far as I am concerned is made up. My dad and brother are both still very, very Mormon and continue to "pray for my unhappy soul", etc., not because they care, it's because it affects their ability to get into "heaven". Basically they think I'm hurting their chances and I need to be "saved". Otherwise they'd have nothing to do with me. That side of the family has stopped talking to me altogether. And that is fine by me. There is no good, believable reason for me to believe in and worship any supposed human creator or anything like that. If you brush up on some quantum mechanics and the likes, you will see just how little is known about this "reality" we live in, and everything that goes with it. This god thing is very much the "chicken or the egg" thing. I always get the argument of how can we exist if nobody created us. But how can god exist if nothing created him/her/whatever? I was raised in a church that claims it's the only "true" church, but they all say that. Nobody wants to think they are wrong, but that doesn't make you right. They always say they "just know" there's a god, but nobody can prove one way or the other. I have no reason to waste my time promoting hatred on the behalf of a fictional character. And yes, the Mormon church has it's on form of hatred in most individuals. Yes, not all of them, but a damn good portion.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mthgs602

I dont believe because its basically absolute rubbish.

The belief systems of religion are "fatally" flawed. All they do is promote false hope that comforts those that are unable to accept thier insecure and insignificant realities of their limited existence! Religion only enables those power hungry murdering greedy parasites to help control the masses for the benefit and pleasure of the few!

Religion fosters only disagreement resulting in division and ultimately conflict!And unnatural death for so many!! So whether believing in God or any other so called divine human being you are refusing to acknowledge or accept that life is actually pretty pointless and an actual waste of time. Surely it is better to not have been born than to have lived an experience of religious reality and later not be able to have wished you had died sooner or lived in the first place!

Im an Aethist who was not discouraged from religion as a child who actually has a Reverand Uncle. Yet from quite an early age quickly questioned and realised the false propheting of religion and its totally unrealistic balony.

The things I have seen and experienced during the some 40+ years later have only confirmed my early feelings and thoughts about religion/s.

Remove religion and the human race would live a least a little more harmoniously.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
are you speaking of an american jesus?
or any god?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrjones7885
Jesus did not write the bible.

One must have the light in order to reveal the light. To possess the light is purify the heart of hearts. souls are reached by souls who speak to souls... I am speaking to falsehood. truth is aught has no cause and yet it is everything. falsehood is naught and yet it manifests the aught. Whatever has been made will be unmade. that which begins must end. The holy breath is truth. it cannot change and it cannot pass away. Man is breath made into flesh so truth and falsehood are conjoined in him; and they strive

Saalome gam naan ben uurda, gan njjber asaala hesporoona! Peace be on Earth, and among all beings!

Be careful which light you speak of...as Lucifer was an angel of light as well.

So yes, I believe in God the Father, God The Son and God The Holy spirit. They are all but the same, and that is God as we Christians know it.

Holy Trinity

Peace

edit on 20-4-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Jad Havah is ancient hebrew for "male and female" or "man and woman" which was a misinterpretation into Jehovah "and then they called upon the lord Jehovah" should read "and then they called upon them man and woman" as at that point we were all hermaphrodites yet began to split into male and female dominant forms.

Jad is male and the jewish tribal diety was a male and thus Jad easily becomes God.

Thus the word GOD means MAN or MALE and that goes well with these chauvinists and their Phallic MAN GOD religions.

Westerners do not even understand how offensive the word GOD really is.

God implies only one way
God implies male as dominant
God implies Monotheism and that all who are not monotheistic are wrong or worse, devil worshippers, sinners et al.

Read Isis Unveiled if you truly want to know why so many of us defy their GOD.

At the tip of a sword they took our artifacts, murdered our shaman, soothsayers, wizards et al and converted the masses.

At the tip of a sword they destroyed our cultures, our collective knowledge plundered and then hidden deep within their sanctuary, replaced with superstition and a mockery of what was stolen.

At the tip of a sword they converted us into their new religion and here you are thousands of years later blindly defending it!

Some of us resisted and we still resist to this day as evidenced by our many scars.

You apprarently have never resisted this force and thus know nothing of the strength of it!

So, those of you who might consider themselves advanced... have you ever wondered why?

Why destroy knowledge?
Why pilfer lies?
Why even care as long as we control everything they do via monetary measures..... right?

"let those who are doing evil do evil still" yet they cannot bear it but to do the evil themselves it seems

One must wonder, seriously, why?

and when you get to that point you may start to take the terms Annanuki, Sumerian cuniform tablets and perhaps Asimovs novel Nightfall.... a bit more seriously

Notice students as the book begins the author is insistant that this book is not about your world, is not about your people, contains events concerning humanoids that have a very different culture then yours etc etc...

This is how a Master makes it clear to their True students that they are indeed talking about this world.
They say the opposite in such as way that the critical thinker is forced to think that they must have meant the exact opposite of what they are saying....... do you understand grassshopper?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by RoguePhilosopher

Show me proof that we either die or never die and I will be forced to agree with you either way yet since it is impossible for you to prove either way I cannot see anywhere to stand firmly on either belief so it may be best to straddled the two as I was before we met

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by OverMan

Sitting on a fence is not the same as sitting on a crock of horse#. But im sure it is certainly more pleasant edging your bets!

Either way the world could well do with out it!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

The sun dont shine in some places!

May your Genus Of Doom be with you.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by rudeboyrave

Excludes America it being different like!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
George Carlin summed it up well.

'It's all bulls*** and it's bad for you...."

If there is a God then evidently he hates my ass....so I do him one better and hate him back.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildoracle13
Okay, so I learned that (just like the rest of you) that this dude is some type of a Christian and the question itself was leading... not about the existence of god, but this person's god. I mean, ya.. that was pretty obvious from the start and laughed pretty hard at the dude who put up all the names of gods etc. Funny. Buuuuut, I think you guys will like this one I found a while ago, still hold this verse dear to my heart.

Christianity:
The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.

LOL dude!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I don't believe in the religious idea of a god simply because all religions are completely opposed to each other. The fact that they all believe they are the only real religion and that any others are evil (yes the bible calls all other religious beliefs Satanic) leads me to believe that none can be right. Also surely there would have ben some sort of evidence by now proving the existence of a "God"

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
what am i made of or consist of, souls?? no i don't have souls nor am i a soul or whatever c#@p - im a human being made of atoms and molecules combined in a definite ratio. I evolved from other organizms and we humans are also evolving right now. No one created me or our species - homo erectus our earlier species learnt how to make fire and stone weapons and so on .... homo sapiens (which is us) weren't given this knowledge by a god. we learnt it on our own.

NO the earth is not 5000 years old ... that's all a load of baloney you've been fed throughout your life. im an 18 year old boy n i am also raised in a religious family, especially my mom .... but ever since i was small i was fascinated by science .. i cant just accept that some fairytale god made me or that if i do bad things i will be punished in hell or if i do good things i will go to heaven. I am a nice person, i help people cross the street, i have feelings too, and i know hurting another person is a bad thing because IM HUMANE, NOT because i feel i will go to hell if i was bad or that i will get bad karma ... once you die you don't got to some after life ritualistic place where you are judged

this universe is more than 12 billion of years old .... comparatively earth has been here only for a few minutes .... in a few more minutes the sun will go supernova and earth is gone .... some people are scared of the vastness of space and the universe and so god explains it all ... well it doesnt

there have been hundreds of religions before christianity or hinduism or whatever .... they all seem to claim that THEIR religion is better .... and the way i see it is if there is no more religion then instead of worrying over poverty we would be worrying about stuff like quantum physics and how humans can eventually rule this galaxy .... open your eyes .... you dont need religion to be good .... god is but a puppet thoughout history to control people ... there have been millions of different gods ... who do you worship zeus? poseidon? thor? krishna? jesus? ... its a huge #&!*ing list

also people claim (more like religious propagandists) that god will come and show us the true path ... i.e. all bad people will go to hell and all good people will go to heaven .... people claim that it has already begun and take the example of the japanese quakes and tsunamies and the cold winters of europe........ what they fail to notice is that scientists already said that due to our activities this will happen and eventually earth would go into an ice age due to disruption of ocean currents .... JUST WAKE UP and look around you .... dont believe something that isnt even there .. cause if god is real i can say santa clause is god because the logic behind santa clause is the same - if you're good you get presents and if you're bad you get coal !!! apply this on a larce scale and look at what you get !!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoguePhilosopher

The sun dont shine in some places!

May your Genus Of Doom be with you.

The truth hurts doesn't it, deny ignorance my friend...

Peace

edit on 20-4-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

What truth is that then. Certainly not your reality! Your reality as will all religion is just a purveyor for misery and suffering!

You must be mistaken because Im not your friend. My friends are realists and almost all atheists, some of which do a lot of good in the world!!!

Save your bible babble balony for the weak and naive.

Good luck with your beliefs

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

What truth is that then. Certainly not your reality! Your reality as will all religion is just a purveyor for misery and suffering!

You must be mistaken because Im not your friend. My friends are realists and almost all atheists, some of which do a lot of good in the world!!!

You should be like some of your friends, and do a lot of good in the world...rather than spew alot of hate.
Jesus said "Love your enemy's", so friend. '

Good luck with your beliefs as well.

Peace

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

You didnt even have the intelligence or common sense to notice I didnt refer to what I do or have done, thus not boast!!! Nor am I going to!

Good day to you.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

If you say your friends do a lot of good in the world, why do you do the opposite and show hate.
Being open minded is the key. Aren't we here on ATS suppose to deny ignorance...you tell me

Just doing my christian principle of spreading Gods word, if don't like it. Fine it doesn't bother me.
You are entitled to your own belief.

Peace

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

People like you are a pest. Just go away preach your balony to the naive!
thankyou

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join