It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't you Believe in God?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesk8s247

As Eric von Danniken said and wrote - "God is an Astronaut".
It seems well documented that this is indeed the case, that superior beings from outer space visited Earth a long time ago and started the evolution of mankind to what it is today.
That mankind called them "Gods" is understandable, primitive man was confronted by these intelligent being who appeared to be able to do magical and miraculous things.
genesis itself talks about these "gods" coming from heaven. There wer more than one.
Mythology from various parts of the world also mentions "strangers" from elsewhere who displayed increased intellect. These same mythologies refer to "serpents" who started the whole ball rolling.

There is no "god" as such. This being, whether it is Allah, God, Krishna, Jehovah or whatever came to represent all these earlier "gods" who visited earth.
Isn't it noticable that all of these gods seems to reside in "heaven" which is always somewhere in the sky?

And finally, why is Jesus shown to be descended from King David etc (first page New Testament) when he is supposed to be the "son of god" and thus not related at all to these people?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit
All things being equal, what evidence is there that there is a God? Ok, so if not any hard evidence, what supports any kind of theory of why there would be a God?

I'll wait for the answer.

If you don't call this Earth and everything on it hard evidence then you must be denser than the matter that God created.

I'm a soldier of Santa Clause. Praise his holy name! Oh I can feel his presents around me!

Have faith in Santa Clause before it's too late, as it turns out the Santa religion is the right one. I don't have proof but I have faith in Santa.

Proof? I don't need any if this lasts long enough people will forget it's origins and blindy follow it.

Go Santa!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I didn't say that you are unhappy, I said your souls are unhappy because you have hard hearts

How can you presume to know anything about the state of another's soul, or even their heart? Do you even know the true condition of your own soul?

Well, here is a little test you may apply to youirself which may give you some indication:

Sit in a darkened room with your eyes closed, and observe what you see within. If it is dark, or even dim, then your soul is probably unhappy, but if the light is so brilliant that it appears to be a hundred times brighter than the light of the sun, then your soul is most likley very happy.

From your Bible:

"The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when [thine eye] is evil, thy body also [is] full of darkness"

You come on here as if you are teaching my a lesson, but you are not looking to learn, you are following deceit

So are you looking to learn?.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I know this thread is up to 4 pages already, but I want to address this response from the OP....

Originally posted by mikesk8s247
nevermind, i just posted this to help people and i get a bunch of jerks, like "nope, no God" i will pray for your unhappy souls

Firstly, a true Christian would never refer to another human being as a Jerk..even if they have different Beliefs to your's. Name calling is not on here at ATS... try to control yourself when responding to opposition... that way you will learn to Master Yourself.

Who says these Souls are unhappy?

From my direct experience I can tell you that a Soul is not the small, naughty thing you were Indoctrinated into Believing it is. No sir... a Soul is massive, powerful and already Perfect.

To a Soul there is no good or bad.. there is only Valid Experiences of offer Here.

All Souls are only portions of the One Source/Awareness/Energy of this Universe. If we had to we could say this Universe is 'God'. It is not Male.. it is not the same God as in Genesis.. and neither is the Christian God of Love.

God, as spoken about in the Bible simply does not exist.. although at some point in history 'He' did exist as a Male Alien Visitor to Earth.. so the Origins of Genesis tell us.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y
Some call it god, some call it the big bang... some call it a mechanism, some call it random.

Doesn't matter what you call it, the reality is... what brought this universe into existence, whether it be conscious being or unconscious being.. had an enormous amount of energy and power.

I think every human should be grateful for that power... because without that 'power' you would not be here speaking about it.

Well said Q2IN2Y,

So let's just say then, God is an ever existing force that exists and is the source of our very existence, and everything for that matter.

So then, are you not thankful for your very existence, because of this force/God???

The least anyone can do for their mother and father here on Earth is to show them love, thank them for bringing you into this world. The same love then applies to grandma and grandpa.

So why cannot we do the same for the ultimate source/force/God that brought everything into to existence for that matter??? At least an acknowledgment...c'mon.

There is a universal law that exists, and that is the law of attraction....here is a short video about it.

This law states that "like attracts like" - Wiki

Basically, show hate you get hate, show love and be loved and so on

So in bible context Mathew 7:12 "do unto to others what you want others to do unto you" - bible.cc...

So my point, the bible speaks of the word/laws of God, and that is the universal law of attraction.
But yes, there are verses in the bible that are arguable, but all in all, its the truth that matters.

Jesus said John 14: 6 "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one goes to the father/Source/God except through me."

bible.cc...

In order to understand God, simply peel off anything pertaining to hatred, pride, greed and start showing/spreading love, humbleness, caring and you will come to understand God. Put the law of attraction into play, all will work out for you.

You don't look into the mirror a and ask your image to smile back at you. The image is just a reflection of you, smile and it shall small back at you.

Mathew 7:7 "Ask and will receive, Seek and you will find, knock and the door will be opened for you."

I'll live you with this video of people who have been enlightened by the force/energy/love that we Christians call God. Hey by the way, Jim Carrey is there to, simply awesome...

Peace

edit on 19-4-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
What can be asserted without proof, can be disproven without proof.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
There's no evidence to prove the existence of this fictional character, or any of the other fictional characters in these ancient books. They are made up of hearsay, exaggerations, miss truths, lies, misunderstandings, lack of knowledge, propaganda, and of course....left open to interpretation.

The hubble telescope has still failed to find this elusive god that sits about on clouds...billions of light years of universe and no sign of the guy/girl,...weird huh...no sign of heaven either...no sign of anything related to a god actually.

They are ancient books, which are outdated in the 21st century. We have advanced so far with technology and knowledge, we have mapped the genome of almost every animal on the planet....we have mapped the vastness of our universe and everything in it....we have saved countless billions of lives through scientific advances, yet in the endeavor to work out the origin of life and the universe everyone is stumped. IT DOESN'T MEAN A GOD DID IT

Your ancient books are no more than unproven theory's printed and sold as the answer to everything.

I dont believe in god because of the above reasons and many many more reasons i cant be bothered to type

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Mike,

I think your question is fair, but your approach is all wrong.."Why don't you believe in God?"

First, I would like to say I believe that it takes "Great Faith" to believe in anyone viewpoint.

Secondly, I do believe in the "God of the Bible and I am a Christian", but this is MY CHOICE AND TAKE GREAT FAITH.

Thirdly, I also believe that all others that believe, whether be it agnostic, atheist, Islamic, Jewish, big bang,.etc.etc
BELIEVE! Which takes great faith and a choice!

Fourthly, I BELIEVE the God of Creation Loves all of us equally, and desperately wants each of us to find and Glorify Him...I CHOOSE TO BELIEVE THIS WITH GREAT FAITH!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

You are obviously new to ATS. I'm no ATS veteran, but I have been around long enough to know a few things...

1) There seem to be more Atheists than Christians here.

2) You better have your ducks in a row before posting a thread like this

3) You better have thick skin when posting a thread like this

4) You better be prepared to defend and articulate your position with something better than "because the bible says so".

Just some friendly advice.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by slcobx

... and desperately wants each of us to find and Glorify Him...

This part of religion has always freaked me out. What kind of god would, supposedly, create everything just to be worshiped and loved. It doest matter how bad he treats his "children" so long as he is glorified in the end. Surely, an all knowing benevolent creator would be above such silly things.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
But as previously stated,"Your viewpoint takes Great Faith" Agreed?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

You know how in the bible it says god made the earth in 6 days? well recently we've found out how big the space world is and how many galaxy's it holds. So in short if GOD CREATED the WORLD in 6 DAYS then it must've took him billions of years to CREATE THE UNIVERSE.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exposed2Truth

You know how in the bible it says god made the earth in 6 days? well recently we've found out how big the space world is and how many galaxy's it holds. So in short if GOD CREATED the WORLD in 6 DAYS then it must've took him billions of years to CREATE THE UNIVERSE.

Time is a linear way of thinking, we created time. Time does not mean anything to GOD.

For he is the Alpha and the Omega...

Peace....

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
How can you believe in something that you always question...........

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocks123
How can you believe in something that you always question...........

And that is for you to find out the answers...Peace

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by slcobx

I suppose you could call it faith. I personally believe in science, but there is always a chance that we have it all wrong. So, in a way I suppose it takes a little faith. With that being said, it would take way more "faith" for me to believe in a god than it does for me to believe what my two eyes and brain tell me. I think the kind of faith you're talking about is borderline delusional.
edit on 19-4-2011 by ProjectBlue because: grammarz

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocks123

And I ask, What do you believe that is pure truth? Must have Great Faith?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I do... I am god

Seriously... don't be jealous though you are too!!! We are creators of our own reality. Nothing else creates it for us. If you believe in god then believe in yourself, don't shove of the responsibility on something else's shoulders... all god is is a scapegoat keeping you from finding the truth. If you want truth then try believing what I have told you.
edit on 02/23/2011 by mrjones7885 because: clarifying

edit on 02/23/2011 by mrjones7885 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ProjectBlue

Again I ask," Why is my belief delusional?" Can you not accept, there are other things in your being" besides your eyes and brain"(which by the way are media driven and very acceptable to deception) that tell you there is something more.. some call it your "conscience", did you create that with your own understanding? Was it branded in you by your parents or was it instilled in you from the beginning? Again I say It all takes Faith to believe or not..

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrjones7885

I do... I am god

Seriously... don't be jealous though you are too!!!
edit on 02/23/2011 by mrjones7885 because: clarifying

Actually were all part of God, we stem from the very source of it all, nobody can be God, but God himself.
And that is the very reason why Satan was condemned, too much pride...God gave him everything and yet he taught he was greater than God.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join