It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could fast forward your life...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Hi there ATSers

I got this thought today while being at work: my head was aching and I have a cold (but of course still no reason to attend my doctor
..). I wished to fast forward just the hours of my work time until I get home. That was my first thought. But after some thinking I got to the conclusion wouldn't it be a shame and waste of our lives if we just could fast forward? I mean if you had some kind of special remote control and could fast forward the boring part(s) of your day, your life in it's entirety would shorten?!

Don't you just wish sometimes to fast forward your life or do you think every moment counts and we just have to learn to appreciate every breathe we take and to enjoy life?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
ill go with no fast forwarding.......but can I keep the "mute" option?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
If you wish to fast forward your time at work, then your in the wrong line of work

Best thing to do is change the way your living rather than wishing you could fast forward to weekends

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by bluedrake

i'd hate to miss out on something by whizzing forward, maybe rewind would be good

super bowl and lottey here i come wooooop

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalbeck

I mean if you had some kind of special remote control and could fast forward the boring part(s) of your day, your life in it's entirety would shorten?!

Yeah, I say that movie with Adam Sandler too. I'd suspect it would end up the exact same as in the movie, you'd come to the realization that the stupid mundane things you skipped ARE life and you've squandered it.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by bluedrake

Yeah I understand your point! Naw, don't get me wrong, I like my job, really. I just had a bad day today because of my cold and headaches...!!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by rinowilli

Haha yeah mute option is enabled

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Don't know about fast forwarding. I've missed so much already, how about a rewind button? I'd love to go back to the 80's!

Whip it good now!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dalbeck
reply to post by rinowilli

Haha yeah mute option is enabled

Awesome!....I can deal with mistakes in life......its just that constant nagging that follows that gets to me

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Currently sitting at home with the 2nd nauseating migraine in 3 days, and I would still say that every second counts. I don't even like to oversleep, even if it means getting up to do absolutely nothing. You never know exactly when your gonna go, so why waste your time, wishing and fast forwarding. Although, it is great to daydream about what the future brings, its no substitute for living.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Don't you just wish sometimes to fast forward your life or do you think every moment counts and we just have to learn to appreciate every breathe we take and to enjoy life?

Our lives are short as it is ~80 years and then we die.

I would like to fast forward my shifts in work however, the 9 hour on Saturday is a killer

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dalbeck
or do you think every moment counts and we just have to learn to appreciate every breathe we take and to enjoy life?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Thanks for your replies so far!

I think one can say there *may* be some episodes/ minutes or even hours in life which one would like to fast forward but all in all we should be glad to be alive

As for the flashback option, hehe why not going back to the 80's

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Well a 'rewind' button would be even better! I could definitely use one of those and would use it a whole lot too!
as for a fast forward, I don't know? if i'm bored I just drift away in my thoughts and imagination, I don't think i'd ever want to let that go! so fast forward would be an almost useless function for me personally!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by valiant

I feel you! Yes, sometimes just the imagination is a mighty force which can pull me away in other worlds

As for the rewind button (and can only speak for myself of course) I don't want to have it^^ As yet I didn't make any mistakes I would later regret so I got no use for it

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I wouldn't I want to enjoy every moment of my existance

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by Dalbeck

I mean if you had some kind of special remote control and could fast forward the boring part(s) of your day, your life in it's entirety would shorten?!

Yeah, I say that movie with Adam Sandler too. I'd suspect it would end up the exact same as in the movie, you'd come to the realization that the stupid mundane things you skipped ARE life and you've squandered it.

hahaha I was thinking the same thing too. The movie's name is Click. You should watch it OP.
edit on 19-4-2011 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

Hehe yeah I already watched the movie Click

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalbeck

Even in our worst parts of life we learn the mistakes that we make and use the time to wonder what went wrong and try to correct it. This is why time travels forward and never backwards. Here today gone tomorrow after all.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Throwing my lot in with those in favor of rewind for sure. Not regret per se, cause that's pointless, but in the pursuit of perfection, hey
why not?
I'm not going to live long enough to do all (or even most) of the things I want to do as it is. I'd like another 25 years, please, but as an insert, not an add-on.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join