It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Programmer under oath admits computers rig elections

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Rigged elections somehow still manage to allow dead voters to vote, without many questions...as to wait a second? Something is not right here!

The investigation found no outright evidence of voter fraud, but hundreds of unexplained irregularities.
“Probably what we're looking at is a lot of administrative error," Berkeley’s Mac Donald added.

“There may very well be someone in there that somebody has voted for. Absolutely." Alameda County officials said they looked at about half the 153 suspect people voting after being registered as dead and found no evidence of fraud.
www.foxreno.com...

Really, 153 people, who were no longer alive and managed to vote, was an accepted error? So, looking at about half determines no evidence? Sure.

Dead people Voting... list.

Is that not proof enough?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Notice how the only nation worthy of Western intervention was Libya, the one without a central bank?

Ah no, they have a central banken.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Ok, I have not read all the way through, just the first couple of pages and I see the same question repeated - why isn't this all over the press?

Simple answer is, the media, being big corporations just like the makers of the voting machines, probably have a vested financial interest in not reporting on anything that would drive down the stock price of that company, let alone the embarrassing damage to government. See, it's all corporate run these days, from the moment you wake up, to the time you go back to sleep, your lives are run by banks and big corporations, NOT by supposedly elected officials. The politicians are there simply to do the bidding of the big corporations and push corporate friendly legislation on the population. In this respect, the media giants are nothing more than peddlers of "news entertainment", which Idol cast-off is screwing which football player, which celebrity has just gone into rehab etc...etc... Pulp for the masses, then they add in the stage managed political pundits and commentators, with either a left or right leaning, each ultimately having allegiance to the one true god - Money!

As long as the illusion of left and right is maintained, the people will remain divided along party lines. If they ever stopped and took a long hard look at it all, there would be a lot of suited officials swinging from lampposts the length and breadth of the land. The government knows this, and it scares them, hence the artificially created division and the democratic facade, to keep the people happy and make them think they have the power to change things, when in reality they have no chance at all.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Where were the Mods??

This thread was only started a couple weeks ago...

Clint Curtis - Million Dollar Programmer

Hrmm

It's not breaking news..... the news is about 6+ years old....
edit on 20-4-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
If you mentioned Diebold, stolen elections, or the electoral college, you get a star!

(Of course stars aren't what it's about, but you have spared some of us from having to say it.)

Seems like up until September 10, 2001 the hot topics of debate were stolen elections, screwball polling machines, and outdated modes of representation.

@ "51%"

(Thanks OP.)
edit on 20-4-2011 by SlackOps because: brevity

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Being a computer guy, I would have to say I agree with the idea of making the voting machine's source code publicly available. Some might argue it would make the machines vulnerable, but I'd argue it'd make them more secure, considering it would make tampering in the code easy to spot.

I mean seriously, the voting code itself is INCREDIBLY simple. Even a novice programmer could program something similar in 5 minutes or less. Probably among the most simple code there is. The majority of the code is most likely for the UI (User Interface) and networking.
edit on 20-4-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Edit: double post.
edit on 20-4-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Dont forget to mention he dies in a plane crash not so long ago... actually, a while ago... We should erect a statue in his honor though, nonetheless.
edit on 20-4-2011 by Myendica because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

It has to be Ohio, because I recognize too many of the politicians. I'm thinking a house of representatives hearing, but not sure. I've been trying to find a date, and I don't have one yet.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Avalon42

I believe it was in Florida.

To those who wonder why this OLD NEWS was given a thread of its own or allowed to stay seperate all I can say is by the response to this thread, it needed this sort of bump!.

So many people will tell you that to change anything you must vote and so many people also feel that the vote is all most of us have left...

I on the other hand see the constitution as the original Subversion of our Soveriegnty..... Long live the Anti Federalists!
That the republic is dead if not on life support, that the US is a Corporation, that they penned a second coporate constitution etc etc et al ad nasuem... yet in order to prove any of it I must first be able to disprove their last bit of hope, namely, that a ballot pull will change nothing!

So, to me at least, information like this is very helpful and needs to be promoted above and beyond the normal crap.

Keep something like this up on the main board and we will get way fewer uneducated psuedo patriotic types telling us how we get what we voted for etc etc...

Am I the only one tired of being told that what we americans are getting what we asked for via our ballot pulls?

Lets leave the politicians who say one thing yet do another for another thread.
Does our vote count?

Plain and simple and since the answer seems to be NO... well we can go on to make a few other conclusions yet I doubt many will enjoy hearing them....

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Why rig the votes when it almost doesnt matter who get voted?

"change we can believe in"

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Tom Feeney who tried to pay the prgrammer to make software to rig the votes
en.wikipedia.org...

In 2006, Feeney was named one of the "20 Most Corrupt Members of Congress"
www.crewsmostcorrupt.org...
edit on 20-4-2011 by conar because: (no reason given)

Clint Curtis, a republican computer programmer working for a company Feeney sought out in order to create a program to flip votes for republicans to win races.

Curtis worked for Yang Enterprises when Feeney approached the firm to write source code for electronic voting machines in order to rig the vote count. But Feeney wanted to make sure the hijacking code was hidden so nobody could find it.

The documentary Murder, Spies & Voting Lies explores the connection between Feeney, Yang Enterprises and Clint Curtis

www.whisperdispatch.com...

edit on 20-4-2011 by conar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

A star for that signature alone!! Nice!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
This is one of the reasons why I did not vote in the last presidential election. Just weeks prior there was a news story about how they haven't fixed all of the electronic glitches in the voting machines. Someone's vote simply won't count, or will count towards the wrong side.

It may not be you, it may not be me, but someone is getting hosed by our political system before we even elect anyone.

It's unfair. United we stand my a$$.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I wish I could tell you guys how this next election was going to turn out. all I can say is... after the vote --
the people will stand, and null and arrest and all that stuff you guys here keep chatting about.
we all know they will attempt to steal the next and every election.... we should be able to verify those
votes. and we the people will. so we are not going to have the next election.... because they know too.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OverMan

I believe it was in Florida.

Florida makes sense and it could be, but I think that is Charleta Tavares up front which would make it a Senate hearing.

www.ohiosenate.gov...

And I think that is state treasurer Kevin Boyce off on the left.

en.wikipedia.org...

See what you think...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Right after these were first installed (just prior to the Bush election)-- two former "hackers" came forward and admitted they were hired off of parole by Diebold to create rig-able election machines.

The media was pretty much silent on it, because the idea was so "crazy."

I just hope this one doesn't fall on deaf ears merely because the NASA connection. You can have evidence of all kinds of crimes -- but you get one weird thing and it's an excuse to ignore everything.

Basically, or justice department ignores everything but whistelblowers -- so really, unless we fire everyone and start again - nothing is going to happen. The system is totally corrupt at the top - regardless of how dedicated regular bureaucrats might be.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Notice how the only nation worthy of Western intervention was Libya, the one without a central bank?

Ah no, they have a central banken.wikipedia.org...

Perhaps what he should have made reference to was: Libya has zero world debt, and 6 billion in gold reserves.
In other words they don't print money from thin air with zero value.

Making them one of the very few and perhaps (I'd have to check) only countries without debt in the world.

Now ask yourself would that make Libya a target for control via debt creation?

There may even be a few other reasons why Libya would be targeted by TPTB (other threads cover those)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

No network, the machines need to be independent and record the results on a WORM (Write once, Read many) drive like an optical disk (CD-R, DVD-R..etc).

Networking just introduces too large of a variable for outside influence (Back-doors, Malware etc.).There is just no real reason for the machines to be networked.

The software needs to be open-source with a firmware check sum (MD5 or equivalent) also recorded on each disk for each machine when the machine records the final tally. The MD5 check sum will help avoid software tampering, as all the machines should record the same check sum, if the software is tampered with, an MD5 is extremely hard to fake while still making the altered code useable.

On a side note from my neck of the woods (WI), A election changing vote inaccuracy happened because the clerk forgot to hit the save on a spread sheet. I also notice the best stories our from out of state newspapers.

La Times

Nickolaus, an elected official who did not return a call Friday, said Thursday that the mistake was "human error, which I apologize for, which is common in this process."

Wispoltics

Tucson

WSJ
edit on 21-4-2011 by Dreamwatcher because: Add Link

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
[
Far too many things are judged in the court of public opinion, then we just move along. Can we move along, when we hear the truth and nothing but the truth, stating our voting machines can be hacked?

Has this been covered by our media? I hadn't heard this damning testimony. Facts matter. The 'truth' matters more. If our voting machines are hackable, it should be addressed today. Af
(visit the link for the full news article)

Although I can't see videos, this is old news, we heard about this in New Zealand back in 2004..
Vicky

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join