It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Royal wedding: Muslim group and EDL apply to protest

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

Scotland Yard says a group called Muslims Against Crusades has applied for permission to protest outside Westminster Abbey on royal wedding day.

The group was behind a poppy-burning protest on Armistice Day; the English Defence League wants to hold a counter demonstration.

Five thousand police officers will be on duty on the day.

Assistant Commissioner Lynne Owens said negotiations were in process but the wedding would not be disrupted.

She said there would be 70-80 close protection teams for VIPs on the day, 29 April.

Police have already begun searching central London for explosives.

Both these groups want to protest on the same day, same place and same time and have applied to the authorities for permission to do so.

Will one group be allowed and not the other? Will both groups be refused? Or will both groups be permitted?

It will be interesting to see how this decision goes, it is one which I wouldn't like to have to make.
edit on 19-4-2011 by doobydoll because: forgot to add link

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
i just posted on this my self , i hope it all goes peacefully

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
If this is allowed to go ahead, the images of the childish protests are going to go around the world and all but ruin the day. Why can't the police just give them a permit to protest a mile or two away? Now I won't be celebrating the royal wedding and I'm not a big fan of censorship but at the same time I don't want to see so many of the country getting upset because these two arrogant groups decided they wanted to cause some trouble.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
the english defence league? never heard of them but they do sound like they could possibly be a tad racist.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

Yes, there will be billions watching - which is why they want to protest on Royal wedding day no doubt.

These protests are enough to make me stay away from London on that day - I have the feeling it could be like the clash of matter and anti-matter.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by lewman

EDL

Just another bunch of Fascists like the BNP.

Here's an idea - put all these nutters on a desrted scottish (or other) island, and let them get on with it.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I understand Anarchists are planning to disrupt the wedding as well.

More anti-monarchists groups are sure to join; I sure wouldn't want to be in the mix when things turn south.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
This wedding COULD be interesting after all!!

I was going to go seriously out of my way not to watch it but now looks like it could be a fun watch after all!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

"I would rather stand beside one proud British black man than 30 scum bag racists" -tommy robinson founder of the EDL.

Nothing like the BNP this group has people of all cultures and ethical background in their grounp. They hold peaceful protests and counter protests again these stupid Islam extremists and Tommy himself makes speeches about the racist minorities in his group not standing for what the EDL stand for. In a whole the EDL are the only group fighting back Islam extremists in Britain. Even the Islam population praises them because these crazy Islamic extremists don't stand for what the others do. I'm 100% behind the EDL - Never surrender.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Updated.
One group has been rejected:

Royal wedding: Muslim group's Abbey protest blocked

Scotland Yard says it has rejected an application by a radical Islamist group to protest outside Westminster Abbey on royal wedding day.

www.bbc.co.uk...
I wonder if they will still turn up.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Xris86

They are nothing of the sort - and people of any ehtnicity can be racist.
The fact that they have a few token other ethnicity nutjobs as well does nothing to belie the fact that are a fascist bunch of scumbags.

The clue is in the title - not British, but English defense league.

They are nothing more than a bunch of little hitlers trying desperately to appear to be something they are not, and have drawn membership from the ranks of the BNP unhappy with the direction this so-called political party was taking.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The Met have refused the group Muslims Aganist Crusades permission to protest:

Police cannot rule out pre-emptive strikes against anarchists plotting to disrupt the royal wedding, Scotland Yard has said.

In one of the biggest security operations in the history of the Metropolitan police, just under 5,000 police officers - including armed and undercover teams - will be on duty on 29 April in the city of Westminster and around the centre of London.

So far, two groups have indicated that they wish to protest: Muslims against Crusades, who asked to demonstrate outside Westminster Abbey but were refused permission, and the English Defence League. The EDL indicated it would mount a demonstration if Muslims against Crusades did so.

source

So the other bunch of radical nutjobs known as the EDL now have no grounds to apply if they are true to their word.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
"EDL racist but not as much as the BNP"

should be their slogan

either that or

"EDL only slightly racist"

Seriously though, however much I dislike both groups, they both should be allowed to protest.

Just move them apart a little.

people should be free to protest when and where they like.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
As a member of the EDL id like to say tommy robinson and co. are not racist and neither am I, they demonstrate against sharia law in our country as well as radical muslims preaching HATE on our streets.
Are you people blind to the fact that one day it could be too late to turn back time as we find ourselves living under their laws. EDL have members of all creeds and colours so wheres the racism?
people shouldnt jump to conclusions!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkofmimir
"EDL racist but not as much as the BNP"

should be their slogan

either that or

"EDL only slightly racist"

Seriously though, however much I dislike both groups, they both should be allowed to protest.

Just move them apart a little.

people should be free to protest when and where they like.

Or perhaps "BNP Light" would be a better term.

oh wait....

Yes, perhaps they should be both allowed to protest - but TPTB will certainly not want anything except an illusion of unity to cloud this day that is supposed to distract the people of this country from the dreadfull state we are in.

You can imagine the conversation "I know, let's let them have a party - that'll take their minds off things, and maybe we can have jordan show up and dance around on a big screen"

I remember the silver jubilee, and charles's wedding - and no-one I know of has anything planned. Certainly not street parties and the like.

I wish them the best, but I won't be tuning in.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladykay
As a member of the EDL id like to say tommy robinson and co. are not racist and neither am I, they demonstrate against sharia law in our country as well as radical muslims preaching HATE on our streets.
Are you people blind to the fact that one day it could be too late to turn back time as we find ourselves living under their laws. EDL have members of all creeds and colours so wheres the racism?
people shouldnt jump to conclusions!

I get where you guys are coming from. What the Muslims are doing in your country would be the equivalent of a fundamental group of Mexican immigrants protesting in the USA against the very principles that allow them the idea of being able to protest in the first place.

It's hard not to see hypocritical actions like this and make the conclusion that the new Muslim plan is to use democracy against itself, that is assimilate into our societies and slowly try to take them over in favor of their own beliefs.

On the one hand, it's absurd because Britain gives these emigrants a way out of poverty. If your values and country are so great, why did you leave? On the other hand, perhaps our meddling in their countries has left the fundamentalists with no other choice?

Difficult issue.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

I respect your opinion and on some cases you're 100% right,

For anyone who thinks they're all crazy Nazi racists scumbags please do some research on why the EDL started, What their aims are and why they do what they do. When i first heard of the EDL i thought exactly the same until i went to a demo they did and it was peaceful, powerful and united. That changed my opinion.

Right now where the EDL are in England is they're torn between removing those "bad elements" from their group who don't speak for the EDL just make them look bad and fighting all the lies and rumours made by the media about them.
The BNP are a bunch of Nazis and don't stand for the same values as the EDL.do that's why i think the EDL are better. If the BNP even got in control you can kiss goodbye to our beloved countries multiculturalism and diversity and say hello to "all whites only" but if the EDL got in control you could welcome "less racism and ignorance and equal rights for all" "stricter immigration laws deeming anyone of criminal background or intent to freeload unfit for our economy" I would defiantly vote EDL, Our countries made of great men and women of all backgrounds and colour and religion and it should stay that way.

reply to post by ladykay

I agree with you 100%
I've met a few new people and made a few new friends with the EDL and you know what? 3 of them are British Muslims who follow the EDL, They wear the Pin badges and jackets and attend peaceful protests and interact with everyone and they are so welcomed. The EDL are defiantly the group for England to fight Shariah and extremist Islam trying to force their religion on us. The Islam religion isn't even about what most of the extremists claim as i have recently learned from my new friends.

-Never surrender.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The EDL (English Defence League) are not racists, they are not violent......... There are just no longer silent.

Never Surrender.

edit on 20-4-2011 by Dhimmie because: Spelling

edit on 20-4-2011 by Dhimmie because: love

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dhimmie
The EDL (English Defence League) are not racists, they are not violent......... There are just no longer silent.

Never Surrender.

edit on 20-4-2011 by Dhimmie because: Spelling

edit on 20-4-2011 by Dhimmie because: love

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck it's probably a duck.

www.youtube.com...

I did a simple search using the term 'EDL'. This was the first on the list. Unfair I asked myself but another simple look down the list and it was all the same thing. Violence, racism,

Reading a similar thread earlier in the day I saw one lady poster who said she was a member of this organisation who certainly didn't come across as racist or violent in any way so I admit not every person involved with the EDL I can't label as the usual 'skinhead' thug, You have to admit though that it doesn't look exactly wholesome. Another poster appeared the same until his lack of knowledge on English history was called out and his on screen persona of love and friendship slipped some what.

With the above clip in particular I have a some questions if someone involved with this grouping might be able to answer.

The clip begins with a chap from my dear old neck of the woods. Northern Ireland. He's not English. Why would you think he would leave his beloved wife to travel to England to get involved? Another huge question for me would be the abundance of the Israeli flag at these protests. Maybe a silly question but, what has the prominence of the flag of a foreign country have to do with protesting the loss of English culture and status?

A final question would be. Where does the regularly heard scream "Paki bastard" fit in with the not racist theme?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnGeeTee

A final question would be. Where does the regularly heard scream "Paki bastard" fit in with the not racist theme?

You're right, They're racist scum and most likely attend the protests just to stir up trouble and say racist remarks. Unacceptable behaviour for an EDL member. Like you said not all EDL are like this most of us join the EDL because of Tommys ideals and goals not because we want to be racist bigots.

Never surrender.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join