It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone need a good Job??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Bottom dollar, entry level, service and retail jobs ... these are the jobs that will support America's families? This is what outsourcing has brought us. The middle class is slowly being replaced by the working-poor.

edit on 19-4-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by donkeystyle
I don't think this is sarcasm and why should it be? There is benefits, a stable company, and room to advance from the bottom for anyone. It's an indoor environment where people of all walks of life can work on some level, and those with more potential can work up to management.

In todays world , and yesterdays world, and tomorrows world, honest work at a stable company is always considered a good job. I have never worked a fast food joint in my life, but my girlfriend works at subway, and her manager only started working there 5 years ago, at age 24'ish, and now manages 3 subways and owns a house and has a family. That sounds great if you ask me.

Not everyone has a degree, and even many that do cannot find work.

It's not a job that starts out at 55 grand a year, but its a job that starts now. There's a lot to be said about that.

I guess many of you are too good for such a lowly job, and would rather your family starve out, or just be on welfare while trying to find something better. But people with a level head will know the value of working for any major company. Especially the ones that will promote from within.
edit on 19-4-2011 by donkeystyle because: (no reason given)

No, I'd prostitute first LMAO.
That's saying a lot because usually I look down on prostitutes, but compared to McD's UGH I'd rather see the F#ing coming than not see it coming!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

What? You think "Do what Thou wilt within the three Laws" is a hard bargain for people to keep? No one "bargains." People who love to build and program robots will do so for the bliss, status, personal satisfaction, prestige, reputation, etc. People who love to make movies will make movies. People who love to solve problems will solve problems.

You think everyone will stay within the "THREE LAWS"? No. Laws mean limitations, and if there is a limitation people will break it. Bottom Line. There has to be some bargaining factor. You think supply and demand will just disappear? If everyone wants French fries tomorrow but there is only enough French fries for 30,000 people.. How do you decide who gets the French Fries?

Sure there may be people that love to do the most mundane and or disgusting tasks, but do you think there will be enough to balance every job appropriately? Do you think there will just happen to be enough people that like to collect garbage, or program robots, or build robots, or farm, that it will magically meet an equilibrium and we won't have to worry about it? I'm sorry friend, I think you are making some drastic assumptions that really cannot be verified.. And lean heavily in the opposite direction. I come from a very diverse background and I have a lot of experience in many fields under my belt.. Some of my best friends are farmers, and some of them program device drivers for revolutionary printing hardware. I can tell you now, just because someone loves what they currently do, does not mean they are in "bliss".. It definitely doesn't mean that farmers would all want to farm if they had the option to do anything. It's all relative to the work you do and whether you love your job or not, I bet there is something you'd rather do than what you currently do. One million astronauts, two farmers, 30 actors, 90 garbage collectors a senior programmer and a cook? I mean where is the balance in this system?

And again. IT IS NOT A UTOPIA. It's just a hell of a lot better for billions and billions of people. You say it won't work but you're wrong. You look at things through scarcity glasses. Read my threads in my sig - the Entropy one and the Ethical one - if you haven't already.

No, it is YOUR Utopia.. It is the way you view a perfect or near perfect world. Therefore it is a Utopian Society. How are you so certain that I'm wrong when you are right? My opinion is based on fact and legitimate occurance. Your opinion is based heavily on the desire for something that does not and never has existed. Don't even talk to me about scarcity glasses.. I've been right where you are and thought up one million ideas as to how we could make the world better. We could make the world better but alas, it takes effort. Posting on ATS really does not accomplish much of anything. The only people who read ATS are people who would tend to think the same way anyhow so you really aren't reaching any new or untapped minds. I have an extremely open and accepting/creative mind. I just am firmly planted in reality, and I have faced troubles and been in situations that made me see things from other perspectives. 50,000 jobs at McDonald's is.. Whether you like it or not, going to save some people's lives. It is going to increase the well being of those people who otherwise didn't have a job. When you have no other avenue of support, flipping a burger is a godsend. You can say you won't work at Wal-Mart or McDonald's now.. But you have obviously never been in a position where it didn't matter what you did, you had to survive.

WTF!?! Where did THAT come from? Do tell. You're making s**t up there. Where won't I work? WalMart. Where have I applied to work? The list is very long - with 35,000 to 50,000 job applications in the last five years, for admin. asst., graphics, video, web animation (Flash), and even CHICKEN PLUCKER. I can't work jobs that require me to stand more than about 1/2 hour at a stretch - I have a rheumatological condition that precludes standing longer - but other than that, I can't say I have been overly picky.

35,000 to 50,000 is a pretty broad range... You honestly put that many out? If you did, then you must be pretty damn picky or you really turn employers off.. I mean your attitude would push a lot of employers away. I didn't make anything up. Based on your responses you would put a company like wal-mart out of business in an instant and think you were doing all of their employees a favor because YOU think they are slaves to the corporate infrastructure. When YOU do not walk in their shoes. You believe that what you believe is superior and that everyone who works is a slave. Well, you are wrong.

And it is specifically for the entire community of Humanity that I spread the ideas I offer. Because I value Humanity VERY highly.

Aside from ATS where else have you spread your ideas? What actions have you taken aside from posting on an internet form and making a digital copy of a "book" that probably only gets publicity from this website? Ideas are only as strong as the people that hear them. Everyone here would love to see a better planet and human existence. The people on ATS are the people that are already privy to the "knowledge" you try to spread. You are targeting the wrong demographic.

Where the company makes the money off those workers' energy at the bottom, paying THEM poorly to afford the CEO salary. Yeah. They're not slaves.

Are you jealous that someone had the idea to start and profit from a company or business venture that you didn't think of first? I mean common, I work for a medium sized company and I watch the CEO everyday walk around the plant and speak with people individually and he drives a 2001 Ford Explorer and runs a Livestock Auction on the weekends. Gets his hands dirty and puts his money back into the company constantly to make sure his employees are doing well. Sure the person who presses one button on a press all day is gonna get paid pennies compared to the person who put the whole outfit together? Surely you don't believe that that person pressing a button is worthy of the same reward that a person who has built a national company and given a lifeline to hundreds of people, put food on all of his employee's tables for major holidays and always shows love and compassion in his daily routines? Don't even act like every job is some slave labor scheme and the people would be better off without it. I've been to the manufacturing plant in China where IPads are made.. It is an entire CITY. Those people work for food and pennies, conditions are awful.. I'd say that they may be close to being enslaved, but McDonald's? 99% of American Jobs? They are honest jobs and you get paid for the importance of the job.

What if you care so much you want people to be aware of the wretched food they are choosing? Can you hand them that Big Mac with a smile? I guess if you don't CARE about the people you serve, then smile away, eh?

Very few people in the US are unaware of the health risks associated with fast food or fat in general. I don't think you are going to change anyone's outlook. If people want burgers, make them burgers. It is their choice to eat it. Survival of the fittest.. If you are dumb enough to hurt yourself by eating that much fast food... You'd ruin your life in some other way anyhow. Call me inconsiderate, call me uncaring.. The truth is I do all I can to help others and there is only so much I can do. You can't fix stupid.

Man, get off your high horse. I have written the threads, supported them fully, and tell everyone I can about them. That is hardly "doing nothing to influence the situation." The most important thing for the ideas to succeed is for them to spread.

Seriously, dude.

I don't own a horse, but I assure you if I did.. It wouldn't be high. Again you have written threads and supported them. Who have you told outside of ATS? And writing messages and telling people is only as effective as the people who inherit the message. The internet is a great tool for communication, but it can only do so much. There are many other tools that are needed in order to effectively make an idea work. The internet won't do it for you.

Not so. People do marvelous things for bliss only. Linux is an awesome example. No one had a "work ethic" on that project. They had a Betterment Ethic, and were paid for good work in reputation, satisfaction, and bliss. It is a fallacy that any "work" ethic is needed.

Yes, people do marvelous things for bliss only.. Are those marvelous things always productive or helpful? No. Linux.. Linux... Linux.. Now you're in my realm. I develop/script/ and manage Linux systems, mobile applications and networks. Linux is open source and has a great community but it has its fair share of problems. Linus Torvalds (the original developer) had a great idea and built Linux out of need and his love for programming. Don't think for one moment that the people who develop in the Linux world aren't paid. Don't think the developers of Linux aren't paid. The project is open-source. The people don't always have a "wage". They are however paid, and paid generously. Donations, Sponsorships, device drivers, software compatibility, the list goes on and on... If you think Linus Torvalds was some huckleberry who didn't have reward and/or money on his mind in the end game.. You are mistaken. Linux, while in theory is a good example.. Is not a good example when in the realm of money. The intrinsic motivation of a man did develop Linux.. That man had AMAZING Work Ethic to do what he did. He had to have the motivation and drive to get up in the morning and WORK. Whether he enjoyed it or not he was WORKING and without any direction/drive/schedule/organization.. He would have gone nowhere. Work ethic has everything to do with how you work and your habits in working. How about you call up Linus and tell him he has no work ethic.. He'll enjoy that.

First, menial tasks will be relegated to the robots (and anyone who loves to do them). And in the pre-dark ages, energy scarcity was still a problem Today We are at a UNIQUE place in Our present history: We have, for the first time, the Interweb, the robotics, and the plenum energy. With awareness and Will, We can shift from the scarcity paradigms of yesterday to a free and leisurely abundance paradigm, eliminating poverty and virtually all crime.

In theory maybe, but I'm not holding my breath. It sounds great.. It really does. I just don't think it's possible. Maybe I'm wrong. You'll never eliminate crime.. There will always be something someone deems criminal. Murders will happen and goods will be stolen. Items will be exchanged "illegally". Eh. Yeah.

On a side note.. Organizations in general are far more productive than a single person or a loose collective. Why? Because of the structure and order of command. Jobs get accomplished by proper delegation. You need managers, CEO's and leaders, then you need people who specialize in their areas. The work is organized and delegated in order to increase productivity and reach goals. Without direction and organization and WORK ETHIC. Many of the niceties we have now would not be here. Go ahead and try to develop all of the script necessary to run JUST ONE of those robots by yourself. It requires an entire team and a function WORKING team with a good group and work ethic to ever reach a common goal. Sorry. It's just the truth.

I sincerely hope with your care for humanity that you don't address everyone who disagrees with your notion of a perfect world as a "snot-face". It may not help the image you are trying to create. Good day.

edit on 19-4-2011 by ZiggyMojo because: added a paragraph about organization.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

OK OK, i understand your dream vision now, it is simply the perfect world you envision.

Why does everyone use "perfect world" and Utopia?" No. It's NOT either of those. It's just a hell of a lot better for billions and billions of Humans.

Us having every technology we could ever need, being able to design robots to do virtually everything we need done for us, without human assistance. Having infinite free energy and resources.

No. Us having the tech we have now. Robotics is leaping ahead exponentially and we already have enough skill to put robots in place in virtually all "non-thinking" work positions. And people who love working with robots will keep then running - or the robot-fixing robot will. Not "infinite" resources. Abundant resources and the virtually infinite plenum energy.

That vision is noble, and i've certainly had the same dream, but refusing to work today because your utopia doesn't exist is counter productive. To get to the point in your vision for humanity, we would need to further develop infrastructure and technologies.

I am not working because no one will hire an arthritic old lady when 50 20-somethings have applied for the same job. See my post above regarding how many and what kinds of jobs I have applied to in the last five years since being laid off. We don't need further tech (unless you count pulling things out of black ops...), and I offer the basic infrastructure concepts in both The End of Entropy and The Ethical Planetarian Party Platform threads (linked in my sig).

I believe we slowly have worked towards that end since the beginning of mankind. You are simply too impatient to let it happen and complain that we should already be there. It has to evolve over time.

Without abundant (effectively infinite) energy, We will ALWAYS have elite, poverty, and crime, because We will ALWAYS have money. Money inspires love of it, over Humans and Humanity. Without money there can be no love of it. It will change rapidly (astonishingly so, I suspect) once the plenum energy extraction methods are given to the public. I am not "impatient." I am URGENT. If We, Humanity, does not take the reigns of Our own destiny, the PTB will cull us (by 80%) and keep us enslaved.

We have all the pieces to make a better world unfold. There is no better time for these ideas than Now.

Yes if there was an "overmind" and everyone felt exactlyt eh same about everything, we could possibly reach your vision of utopia within years, but everyone is an individual and has to form their own opinions on some levels, not to mention all the cultural divides.

Yes, everyone is an individual. But there is no need for an "overmind." All We need is for enough of Us to be aware We have this option such that it reaches the tipping point. It is a monumental task, I agree, but for the past two years, in between job hunts, I push the paradigm.

And as for being a slave if you work a job you don't "love and feel passionate about through and through"

I disagree completely. I feel like much more of a slave with an empty bank account, unable to do the things i enjoy. Being a slave to my own poverty. Your vision of utopia is basically a star trek ship where you can get everything made for you magically by asking the computer to make it happen.

What if you could go to the web and order what you need and what you want from what's available? With no money needed. Robots would deliver the stuff right to your door. What if you could do what you enjoy whenever you felt like it without HAVING to use your finite time doing something you hate? (Or at least don't LOVE?) What if you could educate yourself via the web, apprentice with someone who already knows how, find what YOU love to do?

"Beings a slave to [your] poverty" is metaphorical. You are not a slave so much as a prisoner. Slaves do meaningful work, which they would not choose to do if they had lots of choices, so that others benefit most.

And no "magically" involved. I do expect tech to achieve a replicator soon - if it's not already in black ops... But this is science, not magic. (Imagine not being held back from your dreams to become a scientist merely because you can't afford the right school...)

Unfortunately you are seemingly against contributing to society to help us get there. You are instead complaining about having to do work in the mean time.

Show me where I complained about having to do work. You just show me.

In fact, I complained that NO ONE WOULD HIRE AN OLD LADY. Believe me, living on $58 a month is getting VERY old.

I'll put it to you another way. 200 years ago backbreaking labour was the standard. Because thats what people had to do to survive. There were no "robots" to do everything humans desire.

Those people worked hard to make their lives easier, they invented technologies through labour and sweat. life was hard.

And because our forefathers worked so hard, we get to work a little bit LESS hard than they had to.

And if you and i do our job correctly, our ancesters will be doing LESS physical labour than we are today.

LOLOL! Our ANCESTORS!?! If we get plenum energy flowing, expect it in many people's lifetime. That's my point. WE HAVE THE TOOLS NOW. If we sit around waiting for "somebody else" to create that, it will never be done. We can do it Now, so let's do it.

Unfortunately your politics on the situation and your vision form a catch 22.
On one hand you want a utopia where we have incredible technological breakthroughs, but on the other hand you don't think anyone should have to work.

No. Not a utopia. I want to implement a solution planet-wide to the benefit of all Humanity. There's fine and crucial differences. And what I see is very possible is a world where, no, no one HAS to work, but this does not mean that people do not do things. As many will point out, working isn't the problem. It's what they have to do. We don't need money to motivate Us to greatness.

Well, without blood sweat and tears, these technologies won't be developed.

They're already here. Which part of Interweb, robots, plenum energy is the problem? The only ingredients missing are awareness and Will.

So i guess you'll just have to keep insulting the people out there doing the hard work

I never insulted One who did not deserve it, quid pro quo. Where's YOUR attitude coming from? And FYI, spreading the information and answering questions is very draining. But my goal is lofty and every joule I expend in ending poverty is a joule by far best spent.

..., until we reach that point in the distant future

What "distant future?" We can do it Now.

where everybody on earth can sit back and "find themselves" for 40 years.

Only if that's what they want to do. Me? I will travel and try exotic cuisine. Maybe travel to Mars or beyond. [shrug] All Our options will be greater except for those who once wielded money/power/energy over others. I'm sure I will think of something.

Im thinking your ancestors, the ones who had no choice but to work their butts off all their life to stay alive, are just about rolling over in their graves contemplating your perspective.

Mmmm. Nice insult you got going there. Who was it again that is flinging snot?
edit on 4/19/2011 by Amaterasu because: typos, tags

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
i'd rather have no job then work at McDonalds. why would I put my time into a greedy corporation that manipulates it's workers and customers into believing it's "service". no thanks!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
i'd rather have no job then work at McDonalds. why would I put my time into a greedy corporation that manipulates it's workers and customers into believing it's "service". no thanks!

Me personally, I'd rather have $5 in my pocket than $0. So yes, At least with a job I'd have some money and at least make attempts to pay my bills as opposed to just blowing them off.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

Originally posted by yourmaker

Me personally, I'd rather have $5 in my pocket than $0. So yes, At least with a job I'd have some money and at least make attempts to pay my bills as opposed to just blowing them off.

ya so then you get a paper route or teach guitar or something that you can do, but to hit rock bottom at Mcdonalds is just the worst. submitting to the ultimate nwo tool.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

I feel the same way. My kids beg to go there (because their friends do) but I won't have it. Their food is disgusting and their business practices are questionable.

When we used to go I would notice that the employees looked miserable..and they also looked greasy and dirty with bad skin...maybe it's the french fries? Gross---

I would pan handle before setting foot in there.

edit on 19-4-2011 by Neopan100 because: cause i can't spell

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a mcjob. why not walmart greeter. for every 1 that makes $100,000 there are 1000 taking sh-t from that guy and flipping burgers under stressful and sad conditions.

besides being demeaned by wearing those uniforms designed to humiliate it's employees, the whole corporation is one giant slave market.

when i go to mcdonalds, i see high school kids who *SNIP*, or depressed adults and immigrants getting exploited.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 19-4-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Alright amaratsu, i am sorry for taking jabs at you.

You clarified your vision, and i can't disagree it would be a marvelous existence. I do see what you are driving at.

It's just so far from our current reality. I don't know why they would supress a technology that could make the entire world pollution free and unlimited free energy.

If all this stuff actually does exist, there is no explanation.

Perhaps they need to secure the world before they release these incredible technologies to the public.

I don't know. But until someone, like you who claims all this stuff is readily available, can actually display a working "free energy" machine, or "replicator" with proof in front of media, or a group of scientists, or any of the many ways you could present something with evidence before the government could even become aware of your doings, i will continue to assume it is poppycock. (nice run on sentence if i do say so)

You are advocating a message that has good intent behind it, but until someone in this world is capable of proving these technologies exist, we will be at the mercy of the current social and economic system.

And some youtube links websites is not proof. Proof is proof. Show a university assembly, show a group of scientific peers.

I have a hard time agreeing that the military has every single good technology ever made, and doesn't let anyone else use any of them. They may try, but even then someone should have easily been able to produce a prototype of one of these technologies that works. with all the rogue millionaires and billionaires, not every single rich person on this earth is part of a conspiracy to hide information.

I guess i just don't strictly believe all this stuff exists. I think it is all still in the early theoretical stages, or at best, a barely functioning prototype.

edit on 19-4-2011 by donkeystyle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZiggyMojo

What? You think "Do what Thou wilt within the three Laws" is a hard bargain for people to keep? No one "bargains." People who love to build and program robots will do so for the bliss, status, personal satisfaction, prestige, reputation, etc. People who love to make movies will make movies. People who love to solve problems will solve problems.

You think everyone will stay within the "THREE LAWS"? No. Laws mean limitations, and if there is a limitation people will break it. Bottom Line. There has to be some bargaining factor. You think supply and demand will just disappear? If everyone wants French fries tomorrow but there is only enough French fries for 30,000 people.. How do you decide who gets the French Fries?

Only if they have a motivation. What is the motivation of statistically all crime (excluding arbitrary crime such as drug use)? Money. What would be your motivation other than interpersonal for breaking the three Laws? (Most interpersonal issues surround money, for that matter - but there are some that do not.)

No, supply and demand will not go away. It's just that no money will be needed for the supply to meet the demand except in specialty items, and they will be handled first come, first serve.

Sure there may be people that love to do the most mundane and or disgusting tasks, but do you think there will be enough to balance every job appropriately?

I'm thinkin' there will be few interested in mundane or disgusting work - that will mostly go to robots.

Do you think there will just happen to be enough people that like to collect garbage, or program robots, or build robots, or farm, that it will magically meet an equilibrium and we won't have to worry about it?

Robots will collect garbage, yes, there are plenty who love to work on robots programming or building them, and robots will do the farming.

I'm sorry friend, I think you are making some drastic assumptions that really cannot be verified..

Ah. Detail here would be nice. Otherwise you're just naysaying.

And lean heavily in the opposite direction. I come from a very diverse background and I have a lot of experience in many fields under my belt.. Some of my best friends are farmers, and some of them program device drivers for revolutionary printing hardware. I can tell you now, just because someone loves what they currently do, does not mean they are in "bliss"..

If they don't love it, it's not their bliss. If they love it, it IS their bliss. Pretty simple.

It definitely doesn't mean that farmers would all want to farm if they had the option to do anything. It's all relative to the work you do and whether you love your job or not, I bet there is something you'd rather do than what you currently do. One million astronauts, two farmers, 30 actors, 90 garbage collectors a senior programmer and a cook? I mean where is the balance in this system?

No need for farmers - but people may farm if they choose to. No need for garbage collectors - but people can collect garbage if they want to. People can be astronauts if they want to. And people can act if they want to. And create groups to accomplish things. Have you read my threads...?

And again. IT IS NOT A UTOPIA. It's just a hell of a lot better for billions and billions of people. You say it won't work but you're wrong. You look at things through scarcity glasses. Read my threads in my sig - the Entropy one and the Ethical one - if you haven't already.

No, it is YOUR Utopia.. It is the way you view a perfect or near perfect world.

Wrong and wrong. It's a solution I see for the mess we're in that we'd better get cracking at fixing. It is not perfect. It is not my view of perfection. It's just lots better than what we have now, and we don't have to do anything except spread the ideas. It will gain its life at the tipping point.

Therefore it is a Utopian Society. How are you so certain that I'm wrong when you are right? My opinion is based on fact and legitimate occurance.

And my view is based on research, experience, understanding and analysis. All based in fact as well.

Your opinion is based heavily on the desire for something that does not and never has existed.

No again. It is not an opinion. It is an analysis, and a calculation, based on an effort to find a solution, and the luck of having personal knowledge.

Don't even talk to me about scarcity glasses.. I've been right where you are and thought up one million ideas as to how we could make the world better.

Well this one took 50 years of persistence, seeking, assimilating, processing, analyzing, calculating, and sheer determination. Sounds like your ideas are toss offs. Mine is a full fledged birth.

We could make the world better but alas, it takes effort. Posting on ATS really does not accomplish much of anything.

Of course it takes effort. And for every poster here there are many, many readers. And since the only issue is raising awareness, I think it's a good effort. Say what you will about the paltry influence ATS has.

The only people who read ATS are people who would tend to think the same way anyhow so you really aren't reaching any new or untapped minds.

Right. That's why there is so much disagreement here. And why I keep receiving thanks for bringing these ideas forth. (And... Do you think I am ONLY on ATS?)

I have an extremely open and accepting/creative mind. I just am firmly planted in reality,

Me too, it turns out.

and I have faced troubles and been in situations that made me see things from other perspectives. 50,000 jobs at McDonald's is.. Whether you like it or not, going to save some people's lives. It is going to increase the well being of those people who otherwise didn't have a job. When you have no other avenue of support, flipping a burger is a godsend. You can say you won't work at Wal-Mart or McDonald's now.. But you have obviously never been in a position where it didn't matter what you did, you had to survive.

Did I say that 50,000 jobs was a problem? Why are you speaking as if I did. Geez. I merely said that We can restructure and build a much better place for people - or is the problem that you don't want everyone treated with dignity and Humanity?

WTF!?! Where did THAT come from? Do tell. You're making s**t up there. Where won't I work? WalMart. Where have I applied to work? The list is very long - with 35,000 to 50,000 job applications in the last five years, for admin. asst., graphics, video, web animation (Flash), and even CHICKEN PLUCKER. I can't work jobs that require me to stand more than about 1/2 hour at a stretch - I have a rheumatological condition that precludes standing longer - but other than that, I can't say I have been overly picky.

35,000 to 50,000 is a pretty broad range... You honestly put that many out? If you did, then you must be pretty damn picky or you really turn employers off..

25-35 job applications on the web a day - say 30, average. Five years, that's 54,750. But I didn't apply EVERY day - just most. And I applied to 0-3 jobs in person a week, depending on how many I could find. Yeah, I would say so. 35,000 is very conservative. I didn't keep count so I don't know the exact number.

Problems:

High percentage out of town - employers looking for local candidates.
Unable to stand over 1/2 hour at a time
54 years old - competing with 20- and 30-somethings (Guaranteed an employer will hire the young thing every time.)

Hardly picky. No one has offered me a job.

I mean your attitude would push a lot of employers away.

LOLOL! Which interview of mine was the last you observed? What? None? Then you speaketh out thine ass.

I didn't make anything up. Based on your responses you would put a company like wal-mart out of business in an instant and think you were doing all of their employees a favor because YOU think they are slaves to the corporate infrastructure.

Ok. This is getting too close to accusations, ad hom and insult. Your attacks on me are irrelevant to the viability of the ideas.

If you want to discuss the ideas further, I would be happy to. If you want to attack me, I'm outie.

And in fact, I'm done with this post. I don't know what your agenda is, but I'm bored with it.
edit on 4/19/2011 by Amaterasu because: tags

edit on 4/19/2011 by Amaterasu because: tags again

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

You should have suggested that people seek careers in government jobs, especially law enforcement... The pay and benefits can be virtually limitless.

So, what happens when the only places hiring are in government, Wal Marts, and McDonalds?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Son of a.... I don't think I could even live thru trying to write a post like your's. Or a job at Mickey D's. Just think if this were a thread about politics or something fascinating? Well I guess this could be political. But it damn sure isn't fascinating.

Semper you have got to be rolling around that little room of yours. LYAO I know I would be.

edit on 19-4-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Never let it be said the police don't have a sense of humor.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
actually, I think they pay more than I am making now, but, well, to tell ya the truth, rather be in my line of work than in a fast food joint, money isn't everything, and by the time all is said and done, a few extra pieces of penny candy isn't worth having to deal with the hassle and irratation.

besides, I hear that even applying to the place may be hazardous to your health!!

www.fox8.com...

edit on 19-4-2011 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
It's all about attitude. I can't find the stat now, but I remember reading that a large percentage (like 25%?) of McDonald's franchise owners started out working the front line. So you can't say there is no upward mobility there. OF COURSE an entry level position there is not going to be enough to pay your mortgage. That's where you get to engage your brain. There is no reason on Earth why ANYONE who thinks themselves above average in intelligence (which is everyone, as far as I can tell) can't become a manager of McDs or Wal-Mart within ten years. McD's managers make $50k or so. Wal-Mart managers make a lot more than that.

Of course if you're unskilled, have no education, or don't have the brains to count out change, then you might not make it that far. Or, if your attitude is that of snearing at the job and all management that walks by. I would maintain that if you DO have that kind of attitide about McDonald's, there's not a job in the world you can take where your attitude won't manifest itself. For those of you with attitude I really hope you have the wherewithall to become self-employed and show us all how smart you are, becauise if I detect even a whiff of that attitude, I'll never hire you. You're simply not worth the grief.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Why anyone would chose to work for a corporation that treats their employees like **** is beyond me.

Anyone with drive, ambition and not afraid to get their hands dirty should be self employed. There are a myriad of opportunities for the entrepreneur.

Start here....and good luck!

sbinfocanada.about.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Why anyone would chose to work for a corporation that treats their employees like **** is beyond me.

Anyone with drive, ambition and not afraid to get their hands dirty should be self employed. There are a myriad of opportunities for the entrepreneur.

Start here....and good luck!

sbinfocanada.about.com...

This is the first thing I've seen from this thread that is actually of some value.

Dawnstar

actually, I think they pay more than I am making now, but, well, to tell ya the truth, rather be in my line of work than in a fast food joint, money isn't everything, and by the time all is said and done, a few extra pieces of penny candy isn't worth having to deal with the hassle and irratation

It's interesting when trying to decide if some of these posts are serious, or a masterful attempt at humor?
When I think about the latter. The sideache starts all over again.

" I think they pay more " Lmao.
I'm sorry ..........

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

My agenda is to deny ignorance. I'm sorry to inform you that your ideas presented in this thread are in some manner to me.. Ignorant. I'm taking the context of what you said and applying it to a situation. Maybe I'm wrong. I didn't attack you. I'm being honest and frank. There is no need to sugar coat my response or tip-toe. What I've read has painted a picture and that picture projects an image. An image of someone who has great ideas, but paper thin supports. Pipe dreams are great.

If you can't take the heat....

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Alright amaratsu, i am sorry for taking jabs at you.

You clarified your vision, and i can't disagree it would be a marvelous existence. I do see what you are driving at.

It's just so far from our current reality. I don't know why they would supress a technology that could make the entire world pollution free and unlimited free energy.

It's not that far - release boxes to plug appliances into that draw on the plenum energy. That's a very good start. As to why They would suppress the tech - because money(/power/energy) is Their tool to control us, and since money is just a representation of meaningful work expended, adding plenum energy would remove the need for money, removing also power over others in favor of autonomous power over self.

Do you really think the PTB want to eliminate Their control base?

If all this stuff actually does exist, there is no explanation.

Well... We know that the Interweb exists, right? We know that robots exist. We know that plenum energy exists. What does not exists - or did not exist - was a structure for society to build on in the new abundance paradigm. That is what the Ethical Planetarian Party is.

Perhaps they need to secure the world before they release these incredible technologies to the public.

If that is the case - They will never release it. I call for those Humans who know to come forth. If the ideas spread enough, They will come out.

I don't know. But until someone, like you who claims all this stuff is readily available, can actually display a working "free energy" machine, or "replicator" with proof in front of media, or a group of scientists, or any of the many ways you could present something with evidence before the government could even become aware of your doings, i will continue to assume it is poppycock. (nice run on sentence if i do say so)

1. Many have tried to show overunity but some have been bought, some threatened, and some killed, depending on how willing to cooperate they are. 2. The replicator comes later. 3. Read my thread, "Who are "They?"" linked in my sig for my personal knowledge of overunity.

You are advocating a message that has good intent behind it, but until someone in this world is capable of proving these technologies exist, we will be at the mercy of the current social and economic system.

Until the ideas are flowing strongly enough that many feel safe in disclosing Their knowledge, We will still struggle. But that is why I sing it loudly where I can.

And some youtube links websites is not proof. Proof is proof. Show a university assembly, show a group of scientific peers.

Can't because They suppress. But I do have personal knowledge. Read that thread.

I have a hard time agreeing that the military has every single good technology ever made, and doesn't let anyone else use any of them. They may try, but even then someone should have easily been able to produce a prototype of one of these technologies that works. with all the rogue millionaires and billionaires, not every single rich person on this earth is part of a conspiracy to hide information.

Plenty of prototypes have been build that worked., and as soon as investors are sought or other fanfare, the inventor gets a visit, and they either sell the patent, are bought out to be silent, threatened or killed.

I guess i just don't strictly believe all this stuff exists. I think it is all still in the early theoretical stages, or at best, a barely functioning prototype.

Considering they have overunity 50 years ago, I'm betting there are things in black ops that would knock you socks off.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZiggyMojo

My agenda is to deny ignorance. I'm sorry to inform you that your ideas presented in this thread are in some manner to me.. Ignorant. I'm taking the context of what you said and applying it to a situation. Maybe I'm wrong. I didn't attack you. I'm being honest and frank. There is no need to sugar coat my response or tip-toe. What I've read has painted a picture and that picture projects an image. An image of someone who has great ideas, but paper thin supports. Pipe dreams are great.

If you can't take the heat....

If the heat is properly applied - i.e., discussion of the ideas, fine. But you were attacking me, and frankly, if you are going to attack me, you're right, have a nice life.

Call it what you will. I have spent decades developing the ideas and solutions I see.

As for bordering on insult, you said:

didn't make anything up. Based on your responses you would put a company like wal-mart out of business in an instant and think you were doing all of their employees a favor because YOU think they are slaves to the corporate infrastructure.

This is subtle, but you say, based on my responses I would. Not you THINK I would. You say I think, not you THINK I think.

This is all your opinion but you state it as accusation. (Not the first time you used that tactic, either...)

And when you start making it about me (what I would do in statement/accusation form), I'm no longer interested in dealing with you.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join