It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone need a good Job??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
McDonalds National Hiring Day

April 19th 2011

We believe the best people in the world work right here. And we believe you could be one of them. You’ve got enthusiasm, responsibility and drive. We’ve got flexible schedules, benefits and jobs that can turn into satisfying careers. It’s a perfect match.
April 19 is National Hiring Day.

McDonald’s and its franchisees are looking to hire up to 50,000 new employees. Do you have what it takes? Apply at your local McDonald’s today, or through the Restaurant Opportunities link below.

McDonalds

It is not easy work and you will be tired at the end of every day; but that has WONDERFUL rewards..

It also has competitive pay and benefits once you show you are going to stay for awhile...

I also personally know one manager that makes in excess of 100K having worked their way up from flipping burgers...

Semper

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I’ve been working there since January and think your
title is misleading. It is most definitely not a good job,
it is just a job. Yes it is hard work and your feet will be
killing you, sometimes you will be so mad when you
see your paycheck for the work you had done. But its
money nonetheless which we all need to survive in
today’s society.

Plus this is not good for people like me. They are
going to cut my hours even more! Just so they can
bring in new people, which they are already
complaining about because they don’t need all those
people. So the current employees must now get a cut
in their hours. Good for the people looking for work,
bad for those of us already working there.

PS: Not always the best idea to work at McDonald's
when your favorite fast food burger joint is Burger King.
edit on 4/19/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Sounds good, but I know that if I ended up working at Mc D's, I eventually HATE everything on the menu...I do NOT want to ruin one of my favourite takeaways!!

What day is national hire day for saaay.... K.F.C?.....oh wait....

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
S&F, this is something that alot of people should take advantage of, especially considering the economy and hopefully it will help alot of people out. Not the best job but it'll keep a little change in your pocket.
edit on 19-4-2011 by smokeythabear because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Along the lines of a "good job." I would think Micky D's wouldn't be it...

A job yes, but a good one??

I don't know about that, I feel sorry for those people, I am sure most if not all those people despise it there...

I am sure it is horrible for your skin to work there, lots of people are concerned about the way they look and some even insecure on their looks.

Just my thoughts, but a job is a job in tough times.
edit on 19-4-2011 by Quickfix because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Man, if this is a joke. It's not done in good taste. ahah nahahah!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
PMSL!!!!

I thought this was a serious thread till i got too the end.

lol!!!

I'd rather go hungry.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
lolz, @ good taste

I would not eat, nor sell a Mac Ds for love nor money. I'v been offered a job at mac S####s and i turned it flat down. I'd rather sell my organs than sell my soul.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I'd rather swim in a vat of sulfuric acid than work for McDonald's.

Hell, I don't even EAT there anymore.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I don't think this is sarcasm and why should it be? There is benefits, a stable company, and room to advance from the bottom for anyone. It's an indoor environment where people of all walks of life can work on some level, and those with more potential can work up to management.

In todays world , and yesterdays world, and tomorrows world, honest work at a stable company is always considered a good job. I have never worked a fast food joint in my life, but my girlfriend works at subway, and her manager only started working there 5 years ago, at age 24'ish, and now manages 3 subways and owns a house and has a family. That sounds great if you ask me.

Not everyone has a degree, and even many that do cannot find work.

It's not a job that starts out at 55 grand a year, but its a job that starts now. There's a lot to be said about that.

I guess many of you are too good for such a lowly job, and would rather your family starve out, or just be on welfare while trying to find something better. But people with a level head will know the value of working for any major company. Especially the ones that will promote from within.
edit on 19-4-2011 by donkeystyle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by donkeystyle
I don't think this is sarcasm and why should it be? There is benefits, a stable company, and room to advance from the bottom for anyone. It's an indoor environment where people of all walks of life can work on some level, and those with more potential can work up to management.

In todays world , and yesterdays world, and tomorrows world, honest work at a stable company is always considered a good job. I have never worked a fast food joint in my life, but my girlfriend works at subway, and her manager only started working there 5 years ago, at age 24'ish, and now manages 3 subways and owns a house and has a family. That sounds great if you ask me.

Not everyone has a degree, and even many that do cannot find work.

It's not a job that starts out at 55 grand a year, but its a job that starts now. There's a lot to be said about that.

I guess many of you are too good for such a lowly job, and would rather your family starve out, or just be on welfare while trying to find something better. But people with a level head will know the value of working for any major company. Especially the ones that will promote from within.

The point is, macdonalds food is >SNIP< poison!

plus it's a corporation. One of the worst.
edit on 4/19/2011 by yeahright because: Mod Edit - Censor Circumvention Please Review

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by donkeystyle

You mean like it doesn't pay enough ?

Sorry, I actually do agree with everything you said and the taste is still bad.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChildoftheAnnunaki

The point is, macdonalds food is f*cking poison!

plus it's a corporation. One of the worst.

It would be nice if everyone could be as selective as you about where they work.

I've been up and down like a rollercoaster, worked jobs ripping up carpet for 11 an hour, and worked as a plumber making upwards of 500 a day. It has been pounded into me by my parents that working any job is better than being on welfare, or being homeless, or being a begger. If "any" job can be a job with potential promotions and a lot of potential growth, it would be a lot better than working at many companies with zero opportunity for advancement..

The feeling of coming home after a day of hard work is the same satisfying feeling no matter what job you work. Its that feeling of honest accomplishment and working towards something better.

I don't know how old you are or what your life situation is like, or your past. But there are a ton of people that need jobs now, or face the very scary prospect of going homeless ( a dark place i have been before) .

Let me tell you , working a job and knowing where your next paycheck is coming from, and how that next rent payment is going to be made, is INFINITELY better and less stressful than being broke and jobless.

I don't know when people got so stuffy about honest, non-glorious work.

And im not "just agreeing with a mod" . Speaking for myself, my mother got a job while raising 2 kids and moved to the city by herself, and did fantastic. My grandfather came back from the war and became a farmer, and later got a job flipping lines at CN railways. If i out of work and saying i was too good to work an honest job while i either go to school at night to try for something better, or the myriad of other options, my family would feel ashamed of me. And my grandfather would probably want to knock some sense into me.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Well there is something in this world called reality. The reality is you need money to live and function as a citizen in our current society. Unfortunately GOOD jobs are scarce at the moment and there is no certain outlook as to how many jobs will be available in the future. Luckily, I have a good job at the moment, but this time last year I was laid off, couldn't find contract or regular salary work AS AN IT/NETWORK SUPPORT or ADMINISTRATOR. I was about one week away from working at a fast food joint just to keep myself floating. There comes a point when you have to swallow your pride and do something with all your time. McDonald's may not sound like the most provocative or alluring job offer, but it's a job. It will pay the bills or at least part of them. Then again, if you're too good to work at McDonald's, you probably live under mommy and daddy's umbrella and don't know what an honest day's work is. I'm sick of all the other GEN Y's giving someone like myself a bad/spoiled image because they think the work world caters to them. You are not special, and in the working world you don't get a trophy for losing. Get real, if you were starving and chose not to work at a place that offered benefits, room for advancement and paid you any wage and would probably FEED YOU.. Then I think you should starve. You are a waste of an able body, and an unproductive member of a race that needs production.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZiggyMojo
Well there is something in this world called reality. The reality is you need money to live and function as a citizen in our current society. Unfortunately GOOD jobs are scarce at the moment and there is no certain outlook as to how many jobs will be available in the future. Luckily, I have a good job at the moment, but this time last year I was laid off, couldn't find contract or regular salary work AS AN IT/NETWORK SUPPORT or ADMINISTRATOR. I was about one week away from working at a fast food joint just to keep myself floating. There comes a point when you have to swallow your pride and do something with all your time. McDonald's may not sound like the most provocative or alluring job offer, but it's a job. It will pay the bills or at least part of them. Then again, if you're too good to work at McDonald's, you probably live under mommy and daddy's umbrella and don't know what an honest day's work is. I'm sick of all the other GEN Y's giving someone like myself a bad/spoiled image because they think the work world caters to them. You are not special, and in the working world you don't get a trophy for losing. Get real, if you were starving and chose not to work at a place that offered benefits, room for advancement and paid you any wage and would probably FEED YOU.. Then I think you should starve. You are a waste of an able body, and an unproductive member of a race that needs production.

I suppose somebody did have to say all of this. But the reality of this job is it will keep you alive and that's about it.
edit on 19-4-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Randyvs , how is that the reality?

Thats the reality if you dragged your feet into work every day and didn't care... But 5 years is really not that long of a time, and your wage could easily double within that time frame at Mcdonalds if you didin't view it as a waste of time being there and got promoted. No you wouldn't be making the wage of an actuary or engineer, but with a reasonable lifestyle you could still save enough to retire if you had to, and feed yourself and pay the bill. Especially with a significant other helping out, even if they worked a Mcdonalds job too.

I have a friend who makes 17 an hour (canadian funs, so maybe 15ish american) building fences, and his girlfriend works at a VLT joint for minimum wage, and they have a kid. How is it that he pays for a new truck and just bought a house? That combined wage would not be very much more AT ALL than 2 people working at mcdonalds.

If you are a person who is white collar, making 60+ grand a year, with a degree, and are bashing mcdonalds employees, then shame on you.

But i would sooner think you are living at mom and dads house and have big plans for a big future and have never even had to pay your own bills or been left to fend for yourself entirely.

I say anyone who needs a job can feel dignity and self respect working at mcdonalds, when the alternative is having 24 hours a day to scratch your a.s.s.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Good one.

To address those that seriously consider McD's a "good" job:

Not every job is good just because it pays a few bills.
Most jobs suck.
Most companies suck.

A job isn't helping your family if you have to bring home substandard food from the "menu" three times a week just to make ends meet.

There are worse jobs, but not many.
It might be a good first job, but not exactly the shining example of career paths.

In what part of the world is working at McD's an uplifting experience? Probably in a place where there should never be one.

Those guys that make good of it? Guess how? By kissing every corporate a$$ on the way up the corporate a$$ ladder, and doing the same for every obnoxious foul tempered paying customer that walks in the door. So in essence, unless you are a complete tool, you will have compromised one or two principles on the road to franchise.

McD's and every major corporation like it exploit everything they touch, beginning with the cheap labor.

But don't take my word for it. I'm a slacker.

edit on 19-4-2011 by SlackOps because: grammar

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
50,000 divided 13,000 stores equals about 4 people per store. If they are part time, that could essentially mean that they are only hiring 1 fulltime position per store. So maybe only 13-14k jobs created total. Thats probably even less than their employee turnover rate. Big, big scam.

It seems that most mcd's I've been to, the only criteria for working there is to maintain a pulse. Not the cream of the crop. If you're ruthless enough to climb the ladder at McDonalds, there are most likely better opportunities out there for you.

All in all, pretty good advertising gimmick.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

At this point any job should be considered. Unfortunately there is a stigma attached to working at certain establishments, cause young people to avoid certain places, cause it is not cool.

Lureing them with great offers and work conditions will often not be enough.

I also personally know one manager that makes in excess of 100K having worked their way up from flipping burgers...

How long did it take him to get to that level? 100k is alot, surely he must now be area or state manager, and again, i don't think most people have the stamina to last that long.

VVV

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join