It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public is all meh about these released memos/documents

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Normally when you bring the subject up, you get the standard comments that range from 'lol' to repeating that there is no evidence, followed by a verse dismissing the entire phenomenon as a creation of the mind. Now, when you post links to these memos - some of which are very interesting - they show no interest. At all. I don't understand the psychology here? It seems some are more interested in ridiculing'mocking the subject than whether there is any truth behind it. Now, if I said I believed unicorns existed, i'd get the same treatment. But if I then hypothetically showed evidence to point towards it, they would this time look at such evidence and measure it's worth. Essentially they would show interest. But with this? Nothing. It's as if they don't know how to shift their attitude towards considering the possibility that all of this was all along true.

I've criticised some here who think there will be disclosure whenever a dog barks, but this is mind boggling

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Shino

Haha yeah people seem to believe that twilight is real rather than what is real

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Your title speaks of some kind of released "memos"... Do you have a link? What evidence is it you speak of? I`m confused... In short: What In The HELL Are You Talking About???

just reread your post...
Did "disclosure" happen while I was out? Ok, now I MUST insist you post a link... *waiting...*
edit on 19-4-2011 by ZackMorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Shino

The memos from the FBI Vault? If so then I will say this

*meh*

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZackMorris
Your title speaks of some kind of released "memos"... Do you have a link? What evidence is it you speak of? I`m confused... In short: What In The HELL Are You Talking About???

just reread your post...
Did "disclosure" happen while I was out? Ok, now I MUST insist you post a link... *waiting...*
edit on 19-4-2011 by ZackMorris because: (no reason given)

Specifically the introduction of the FBI's Vault website. Some of the stuff released is old, but these memos have received actual press attention to some degree.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
That was their plan all along. Look how it turned out. Their is some proof, but people still look at it and still say,
"meh" and dismiss it.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by thorazineshuffle
That was their plan all along. Look how it turned out. Their is some proof, but people still look at it and still say,
"meh" and dismiss it.

So true.... They don´t need to bother hiding anymore because the public has no interest at all. They are happy if the next season of dwts or american idol airs on television. It´s so sad...
edit on 19-4-2011 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Would help op if you would have learned basic 3rd grade grammar when writing. Like Where, When, Why, What? I mean a little meat with the potatoes here. Look like a bunch of ramblings, I have no clue of you are talking about in this thread.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shino
But with this? Nothing. It's as if they don't know how to shift their attitude towards considering the possibility that all of this was all along true.

In my thread about one of the "new" released memos, I included the following comment which I think is relevant:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by IsaacKoi
In response to recent excited demands that sceptics consider the “new” memo proving that alien bodies were recovered at Roswell, it should be borne in mind that many sceptics that aren't completely ignorant of the history of ufology would probably say (as I pointed out a few days ago) something along the lines of the following:

"What, those old documents?! You do know the document you are so excited about was released in the 1970s and has been shown to relate to a well known hoax that was exposed decades ago, don't you? Is that really the best evidence you have to offer? If so, please leave me alone until you have something better. If you didn't know that, why should I take anything you have to say seriously so please leave me alone. Either way, please leave me alone. PLEASE. Really, PLEASE leave me alone".

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Yeah, i don't understand the confusion. Is the OP upset we actually read the memos and understand they are in no way disclosure? Just because some guy sent a letter to the FBI about aliens doesn't not mean the FBI determined that to be true. Why on earth would we waste time on an obvious hoax and diversion while real pressing matters are at hand like all the fake alien body videos we need to thoroughly debunk

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
Yeah, i don't understand the confusion. Is the OP upset we actually read the memos and understand they are in no way disclosure? Just because some guy sent a letter to the FBI about aliens doesn't not mean the FBI determined that to be true. Why on earth would we waste time on an obvious hoax and diversion while real pressing matters are at hand like all the fake alien body videos we need to thoroughly debunk

Yes the OP has no clue what the memo is. He seems to think its a official file when its a random letter from a regular joe no different than you or I.
Hes not the only one that has yet to grasp what the memo actually is. People simply want to believe so bad that they overlook the most obvious things

So to answer OPs question, the memo means nothing thats why no one cares about it

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Shino

Oh yeah!

Let's all bash the OP for asking a question (hey, he must be an already highly knowledgeable person, eh! I mean, there's nobody at all, anywhere in the world, who might just be starting out in ther quest for truth...) and if a dyslexic comes here and enquires...? Well, we'll bash them harder for daring to try to interact with the intelligent, upstanding models of decency and literary correctness, eh!!
Dotting our 'i's' and crossing our 't's' is far more important then polite discourse, didn't you know!!!

Shino, for me personally, I don't particularly trust the FBI or any other 'alphabet agency'. I certainly don't need them to confirm what I have already seen with my own eyes on more than one occasion (with witnesses to confirm I wasn't seeing things, thankfully!).
I'm not talking about spelling or grammar when I state that educating oneself is the key to an informed decision.
Trust your gut and realise that many who attack you on sites such as this, either have some unpalatable personal issues, or are attempting to lead you astray.

Yours was and is, a legitimate question and I hope I have answered it for you, at least on a personal level.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Would you mind pointing out any specific files that you believe we should look at? When you say there is something called the "fbi vault website" it leads me to believe there must be a lot to look through. So, without sounding too lazy, could you be more specific as to what it is you are, again, talking about??

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
what i dont understand is when people say
"oh its old,the evidence was from years ago" umm yeah so?
its as if people dont believe anything that happened pre internet.why?
i dont understand that
and when i say believe i mean in the ufo department,
so what theyre trying to say is evidence that originated off the internet and then was posted after decades is just throw away?
i would say that evidence that is put on the net instantly is almost throw away evidence
nothing stands the test of time anymore.
nothing gets a chance to be manipulated anymore , i dont know if thats a good or bad thing...
i just know it cant be good if something can be successful overnight
look in nearly every single genre of anything, its always the long lasting things that prove to be the best and most believable

we all really need to start slowing our judgements right down

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
welcome to above bot secret.
edit on 19-4-2011 by RelentlessLurker because: haha can you guess which word i changered?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shino
Normally when you bring the subject up, you get the standard comments that range from 'lol' to repeating that there is no evidence, followed by a verse dismissing the entire phenomenon as a creation of the mind. Now, when you post links to these memos - some of which are very interesting - they show no interest. At all. I don't understand the psychology here? It seems some are more interested in ridiculing'mocking the subject than whether there is any truth behind it. Now, if I said I believed unicorns existed, i'd get the same treatment. But if I then hypothetically showed evidence to point towards it, they would this time look at such evidence and measure it's worth. Essentially they would show interest. But with this? Nothing. It's as if they don't know how to shift their attitude towards considering the possibility that all of this was all along true.

I've criticised some here who think there will be disclosure whenever a dog barks, but this is mind boggling

So, you are saying those that dismissed UFO evidence before as not good enough, are still not impressed by the latest batch of more official FBI memos.

I think the psychology behind this is that these are people that focus on everyday matters that they can touch, see, feel etc.

I don't disrespect that view at all but I would say those of us that are fascinated with this possibility and think it is important are the ones who have probably seen something ourselves or have a belief in ET.

The people who scoff at the various UFO evidence are those that believe on the whole ET is not here and are just not particularly interested in the subject. Rightly or wrongly, It would take a lot more than some old FBI documents to make a dent in their beliefs.
edit on 19-4-2011 by DrHammondStoat because: .

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Let me try:

There are those of us who have been looking into these things much longer than some of you have been alive. If you want to believe in disclosure. the FBI "Vault" is not it. It's as if you were asking too many questions and they put you in a room and brought in boxes and boxes and boxes of random correspondence they'd received over the years and said: "OK, here. Look through these." A lot of the crap in those boxes is from people who may or may not have some information on some particular topic, say, for instance, "Roswell." The FBI receives it; they rubber-stamp it, and they file it. There may be some useful information there, or some leads for the professional investigator. But if the FBI has determined whether there's any truth to it, they're certainly not revealing that.

So, Meh....

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I guess I must be a new breed then? I don't know if ET is here one way or the other. I'm looking, I'm interested. But I have to say that those documents recently in the lime light are not sufficient to make my mind up on the matter.

I see the answer to wether we have ET's visiting us as a big jigsaw. You have to fit together all the pieces to get the answer and the truth (I call it the "truth jigsaw"). The thing is many other jigsaws are all mixed in with the truth jigsaw, and many of the pieces of the other jigsaws don't fit the truth jigsaw and stand out like a sore thumb and can easily be discounted. However many of the other pieces, look like they might fit in with truth jigsaw, so things start to get really complicated. It's not going to be until the jigsaw is finally complete, that we will see if those pieces that appear they may be right, were actually right or wrong.

My point? Nothing is black and white in this subject, there is no absolute proof one way or the other, especially when we are all dealing with second hand evidence.
edit on 19-4-2011 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I'm speaking in reference to the UK released files, I was very 'meh' about them because they are still largely edited, and its hard to make head nor tails from the pages. Being an 'average Joe' I have no idea what im looking at or what I'm looking for that isn't clearly labelled

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by questcequecest
what i dont understand is when people say
"oh its old,the evidence was from years ago" umm yeah so?
its as if people dont believe anything that happened pre internet.why?
i dont understand that

You grossly misunderstand the point. It is not the age of the documents that is cause for dismissal but rather that they are "old" as in known. The information in them has been known for decades. It adds nothing to our knowledge.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join