Gays adopting and childrens rights

page: 4
0
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Istvan
You should look at the child's viewpoint, too. What will he say when the classmates ask about his parents? Well... my mom is Tom, my dad is Andrew.

How gruesome ruined childhood he is looking into?! ..and we didn't even talk about other things. Will he be ever able to look into the eyes of girls? ..and so on, etc

I think, this whole thing is abnormal, and it has gone way too far.

Istvan, that argument was used 50 years ago when people were thinking of adopting. It arose again when people were adopting childern of other races. It was also used when discussing inter-racial marriages. In recent times, it has been used in regards to the single parent issue.
I think that in a few years most people would accept it just as they have accepted the issues that I quote above.




posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Well, I was at school, and I think the opposite. You know, children are cruel during their school age. It is a false idea, that any poor young, will be loved by anyone in the class, or in the school, once the students find out that his or her parents are gay. It will be much worse, than parents of any other race than white.

Up to date, there is not much we know about the results of gays' child adopting, but I'd prefer: better not find that out...



posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
This is one of the great travesties of all time. Ask any child over the age of ten (and I have asked many) if they would object to being adopted by a homosexual couple and you will be looked at as though you were insane.

This is child exploitation of the worst kind--taking the most vulnerable of our youth and giving them over to sexual psychopaths--and it is done all the time. I know, because I am a former CPS Social Worker.



posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Istvan
Well, I was at school, and I think the opposite. You know, children are cruel during their school age. It is a false idea, that any poor young, will be loved by anyone in the class, or in the school, once the students find out that his or her parents are gay. It will be much worse, than parents of any other race than white.

Up to date, there is not much we know about the results of gays' child adopting, but I'd prefer: better not find that out...


Children are cruel no matter the circumstances of who / what their parents are. As it was in my school days, if you were not a jock or one of the "in crowd" then you were put through heck. I don't think that the sexual orientation of the parents will much change that except initially and this will be mostly from predjucie that is passed down to them from their "normal" parents, their teachers, and from society.
I may not agree (or even like) the gay / lesbian ideology and orientation, but I am open minded enough that their outlook on life really does not bother me and I am teaching my son to uphold the same beliefs.



posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
katt06

you are silly.

Do you even know some gay people?

What about normal family's, and kid is gay? What about that?

There was a study (Somewhere in europ, can't recall now), that kids in gay famillys are fare more tolerant then normal ones. I have no idea why, the study was not saying specific.

Regardless on any of that, we can't judge something we can't understand.

But, let's try this way, would you be against, black mother and black father to rais white kind? (and other way around).

Will that produce more rasist kids? or more tolerant ones? Also, you wana to say that to be gay is bad?

What you do in your bad is your thing, nothing alse. I am sure that even you are doin in sexual way something that will be repulsive to somebody alse.

Think about it.

Let me know.

N.


Originally posted by katt06
to me, it would be a crime allowing a gay couple to adopt a child. The child, growing up in a gay environment, will only breed more gays.



posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Everything about gays is always overcomplicated, and just about every gay claims that he cannot and never could do anything against the process of being gay. Now isn't it strange in a human community? Well, a cat being born as gay, and he can't do much about it... I can understand that... but a human?



posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Istvan
Everything about gays is always overcomplicated, and just about every gay claims that he cannot and never could do anything against the process of being gay. Now isn't it strange in a human community? Well, a cat being born as gay, and he can't do much about it... I can understand that... but a human?



Can you do anything about being stright?

Could YOU turn gay if you choose or would you allways be stright?



posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   


This is one of the great travesties of all time. Ask any child over the age of ten (and I have asked many) if they would object to being adopted by a homosexual couple and you will be looked at as though you were insane.

This is child exploitation of the worst kind--taking the most vulnerable of our youth and giving them over to sexual psychopaths--and it is done all the time. I know, because I am a former CPS Social Worker.



You,sir/mamme, must be the worst social worker in existence. Calling all homosexuals sexual pyschopaths is uncalled for, you do realize that many homosexuals participate in these forums, no ? Be more considerate.

Deep



posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
This is child exploitation of the worst kind--taking the most vulnerable of our youth and giving them over to sexual psychopaths--and it is done all the time. I know, because I am a former CPS Social Worker.


child exploitation? sexual psychopaths? Those are some pretty broad strokes you are painting with there....


I am more concerned with seeing a child end up with a loving and nurturing family regardless of orientation. Yes, there would undoubtedly be complications, as this would be out of the "norm" and would draw attention. However, weigh the consequences of living in temporary accommodations (thats what foster homes are) for long periods vs. the stability of permanent ones and the quality of life the children would live in each.
There is a lengthy and thorough process for adoption; they don't just pass them out. A gay couple would have to jump through the same hoops as the rest of us.
I believe that we, as a nation, need to realize that it is more important to give a child a safe environment to grow up in rather than to worry about what goes on behind closed doors.
As for the children being taught to be gay. Get real. The children would be taught that regardless of what the religious right says, this is a highly diverse nation, filled with people of all races, creeds, religious beliefs and sexual orientation; no one group is the right one and individuals should strive to enjoy their lives as their hearts tell them. Not as society dictates.

Peace,
BG



posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Can you do anything about being stright?

Could YOU turn gay if you choose or would you allways be stright?


I do not have to do anything about being straight, because I have been genetically programmed to be straight.

Probably I am late to learn how to be a gay, it should be learnt during the early childhood, when a person's mind is not aware of the body's sexuality.



posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Istvan

Originally posted by Amuk

Can you do anything about being stright?

Could YOU turn gay if you choose or would you allways be stright?


I do not have to do anything about being straight, because I have been genetically programmed to be straight.

Probably I am late to learn how to be a gay, it should be learnt during the early childhood, when a person's mind is not aware of the body's sexuality.



YOU are the one saying it is just a choice so I turn it back on you could YOU choose to be gay or will you allways be stright?

You still havent answered the question



posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
This is one of the great travesties of all time. Ask any child over the age of ten (and I have asked many) if they would object to being adopted by a homosexual couple and you will be looked at as though you were insane.

This is child exploitation of the worst kind--taking the most vulnerable of our youth and giving them over to sexual psychopaths--and it is done all the time. I know, because I am a former CPS Social Worker.


You are definately right!

At my point of view, a child who lost his/her parents, needs the most perfect family to guide through the rest of his/her life. But in this case, let's shove these children to gay couples, because gays want to form rights over children. These children are the potential victims of child-abuse, because they are needed by nobody, many people think, they can do with them just about anything they want.

On the other hand, many many straight families lost their opportunity to bear children, and they want kids. I think, the government has a lot to do in order to properly support the needs of these families.



posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Has anyone proven that homosexuals cannot nuturture children on par with hetrosexual parents? I am seeing nothing but argumentum ad hominem, nothing more.

What of a single mother living with a sister, a female roomate, her mother, her grandmother ?

What of a male single father living with a brother, a male roomate, his father, his grandfather ?

Circular arguments resulting in homophobic ideologies...

Deep



posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

YOU are the one saying it is just a choice so I turn it back on you could YOU choose to be gay or will you allways be stright?

You still havent answered the question


Yes, definately only a choice of a human mind... nothing more.

I answer your question: I will always stay straight, as long as I live, and nothing on Earth will turn me gay. Hope, you understand that.


Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Has anyone proven that homosexuals cannot nuturture children on par with hetrosexual parents? I am seeing nothing but argumentum ad hominem, nothing more.

What of a single mother living with a sister, a female roomate, her mother, her grandmother ?

What of a male single father living with a brother, a male roomate, his father, his grandfather ?

Circular arguments resulting in homophobic ideologies...

Deep


I only hope, that it will never be proven...


[edit on 5-8-2004 by Istvan]



posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Istvan

Yes, definately only a choice of a human mind... nothing more.

I answer your question: I will always stay straight, as long as I live, and nothing on Earth will turn me gay. Hope, you understand that.

[edit on 5-8-2004 by Istvan]



That is my point they feel the same.

Why should you force them to be something that they will never be.


Or are you saying that you like men as much as women but just choose women?



posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   
This subject has been talked about over and over again, and the responses are always the same. We must let the subject be, because at the moment, nothing is being done by the government to approve the rights of gays.



posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
Or are you saying that you like men as much as women but just choose women?


Perhaps, but I am not aware of that. I believe, gays had their chance to be straight, but they chose the easier way. It is too hard for them to communicate with women, because they have never learnt that.





new topics
top topics
 
0
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join