It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea leaf picking girls have to be virgins with C-cup in China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
News Article

A job post on a job-hunting website based in Xinyang, a city in southern Henan province, said "West Jiuhua Mountain scenic spot is hiring full-time tea-leaf pickers. A prospective employee has to be a woman with no sexual experience, has a bra size of at least C, and has no scar or wound visible on her body with a uniform."

The post came under fire for its absurdity and vulgarity.

well....turns out how sick the society is!

always feel that anything weird happened in China could be taken in a normal way..

how creepy!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
HEY!

I placed the same add for an assistant.

Didn't get any replies
I wonder why ?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I think eating at Hooters is pretty creepy... They prefer young women with larger than c cup bra sizes but I kind of doubt that virginity is a requirement.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by littlesheep2011

mcdonnals does the same, they dont write it down ofc.. but they go for the good looking girls at job interviews, atleast here in my town in Denmark

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Hey, China is a communist country so they have no religion but the state. But that's the state. China has a diverse group of very spiritual people living in it and if someone wants virgins with C-cups to pick tea, so be it! The post about Hooters is right on the money. When you need work, you need work and, and thats that

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

I am certainly not defending the criteria required in your article for these poor girls to get a badly needed job.

But it is not much different than the criteria required to get a job at "Hooters", minus the virgin part. And this is not an attempt at humor.

I feel for people such as young women who are seen as objects, and have their inner selves over looked. But there are always other jobs.

Kind of like in the USA or Canada, you don't have to be a stripper or prostitute. Mc'Donalds is always hiring. Regrettably the job market in her part of China is probably not as prime for the picking.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

But a woman being a stripper could make as much or more money in one or two nights than working a 40hr work week at McDonalds. I know some strippers and the money is why they choose to dance instead of working at a "burger joint".

This IS China we are talking about. Remember it's a totally different culture their than it is in our "western" countries.
I would relocate to become a supervisor if given the opportunity, I like tea.
edit on 19-4-2011 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
People in China are working harder than most of us working in the so called civilized countries are. More importantly, they work to benefit not only themselves, but their nation as well. Did you know that once you have completed your studies (college level) the state actually provides you with a house? China has its good side as well, as all countries and nations do. Let's not condemn anything we do not understand.
I highly doubt this ad is real, but even if it is, it doesn't necessarily mean that this is the way of thinking
in China nowadays. Stuff like this happen everyday where we live, as other ATSers pointed out above. Would you like someone to get a hold on on some ad a perv posted and judge your country?

All I am saying is we should respect a little more a country that has centuries of history. We should get to know something firsthand, then judge it.

P.S. I'm not from China!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Well, I agree that it's creepy to outline those 'requirements' to be a tea-picker, but at least they're candid and honest about what they want their employees to be like.

As others have mentioned, cup size is certainly an unwritten rule when awarding women jobs for many different companies and professions, such as Hooters or Personal Assistants, and I'm sure that anyone with visible scars has a harder time getting employed in most jobs.

The one sticking point is the ''no sexual experience'' stipulation, as that just oozes creepiness because it has no bearing on a woman's physical attractiveness.

Anybody can say that they are a virgin, so it makes you wonder whether there may be some impropriety involving obtrusive and humiliating physical examinations, conducted by some predatory pervert.

Even then, you can't conclusively ascertain whether a woman is a virgin or not, as it's perfectly common for her hymen to split before she has sex, especially if she works out or plays sport.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

But a woman being a stripper could make as much or more money in one or two nights than working a 40hr work week at McDonalds. I know some strippers and the money is why they choose to dance instead of working at a "burger joint". This IS China we are talking about. Remember it's a totally different culture their than it is in our "western" countries. I would relocate to become a supervisor if given the opportunity, I like tea.

I actually agree with you, I was only trying to make an analogy relevant to the OP's post. I also pointed out that this is China that we are talking about. China has a large percentage of University graduates that cannot get a job once out of school because of the large quantity of equally qualified people competing for the same jobs which leaves the ladies to take these kind of jobs.

There is fast food in China too by the way, not that I would eat it LOL.

The stripper versus McDonalds choice is a moral and monetary issue that each individual must make for themselves. I personally judge no one, no matter what path they choose, as long as it is not detrimental to others.

edit on 19-4-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I believe the bigger issue here is not about what China is doing. Perverts comes in all kinds of shape, sizes, nationalities, beliefs, etc. They exists everywhere.

The bigger issue is the discrimination and exploitation of our fellow human sisters in general.

Why C cup for tea pickers? Fertility beliefs? If they have no good reasons, then it is just pure exploitation of women, and worse comming from a commie state that claims to HATE expliotations in any form.

Beauty is subjective, and something of appreciation that no one can deny it of another. But to choose beauty of body form for opportunities that other women are equally capable of is outright discrimination, if not sexual harrasment of the hidden kind, a perverted trait we men all know full well for sure.

If it was Hooters, strip joints, brothels, so long as the women are not physically force or coerce into it but on their free will, it is only a moral issue that societies have to deal with and why our fellow human sisters had to make that choice instead of better opportunities to excel

If they were forced, than such discriminatory and exploitive acts MUST be stopped, and acted with enforcement and legal means to save our fellow human sisters from such sickos.

Afterall, each and everyone of us came from woman in our individual lives, and should cherish womanhood, not exploit them......

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
So thats why you never see asian chicks with nice rack.

They are all out picking tea leaves.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
If the promise of virgins is good enough to sell people on blowing themselves up, surely, real virgins can sell tea, right?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

I think pictures of the aforementioned C cup on the tea package would sell obscene amounts of tea.

If they were different C-cups on the box, I would buy a pallet load of tea just to make sure I kept those virgins working

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

You must not have been to a McDonalds here in the US.

The staff are not the best and brightest, nor the most attractive.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Wow.

No one read the article?

In response to the buzz on the internet, the employer, a management company at the scenic spot, said, "It’s true. It is to pass on traditions." The company also said that on April 16, a tea culture festival will be kicked off featuring 10 C-cup virgins chosen from all job candidates performing picking tea leaves.

According to the job ad, tea-leaf pickers will be required to collect "mouth lip tea (kou chun cha 口唇茶)" during the harvest season. They must clean their mouths and bodies on time every day and work out often. The daily pay is 500 yuan, or $75.

The so-called "mouth lip tea" comes from a legend that tea leaves used to be picked by fairy maidens with their mouths. When boiling water is poured onto these tea leaves, fairy maidens will ascend amidst steam into the sky. Tea made from these leaves has refreshing aroma and taste and can even cure diseases.

It is also said that at the beginning of the last century, some Chinese tea sellers experimented with the idea of "tea in front of breasts." Virgins at the age of 16 were asked to start picking leaves in the middle of the night and put leaves into their clothes between their breasts. When they finished their work before sunrise, the leaves should have absorbed enough of the virgins’ body scent, and could make great tea. This practice phased out even before it ever had the chance to become widespread.

The hiring company expects girls they hire to keep tea leaves in their mouths before making tea out of them. Virginity and curviness are selling points the company exploits to convince customers that such tea is of yin (femininity) and purity.

Many netizens think it is a cheeky publicity stunt that objectifies and disrespects females. Some even think the company has self-serving interests.

It is a temp job for a Tea Culture Festival.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Admittedly I stopped reading at :

featuring 10 C-cup virgins

Thats all I really need to know.

I really should have kept reading though, because I missed this juicy part:

Virgins at the age of 16 were asked to start picking leaves in the middle of the night and put leaves into their clothes between their breasts.

edit on 19-4-2011 by ViperChili because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Admittedly I stopped reading at :

featuring 10 C-cup virgins

Thats all I really need to know.

I really should have kept reading though, because I missed this juicy part:

Virgins at the age of 16 were asked to start picking leaves in the middle of the night and put leaves into their clothes between their breasts.

edit on 19-4-2011 by ViperChili because: (no reason given)

That was a tactic some old tea sellers tried to use.

But again . . . it is a Tea Culture Festival.

I am not seeing the issue here.

top topics

join