It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Travel is impossible, Time is merely your own perception of the energy around you.....Einfail

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

3) Time is simply an element of measure. It only exists on earth. It began at creation when God said, "the evening and the morning were the first day."

Hang on a second.... Do NOT assume....

A "Day" on Earth, is between Morning and Evening. (Daylight)

And NOT between Evening and Morning. (Night)

The "Night" on Earth is between Evening and Morning...

So the Day as referred to in Geneses Ch. 1 verses 5 & 6 can't be referring to The Earth, but instead to The Creation of "The Heaven" (The Firmament Created within "The Face of GOD" i.e. a 2D Plane.) which the Earth & Heavens appear in, Inside your Soul Construct.

When "The First Heaven" was Created, then 3D appeared.

But this 3D affect is Created the WORD of GOD which is Communication as a "word" Contains "Communication".

This Communication is a "Geometric based Program Language", and Not "binary" or "Hexadecimal", or any other number based Language.

--------------------------

Referring to "Time Travel"....

The possibilities of whether or Not Time Travel is Possible, is based purely on human imaginations.... LOL.

First we need to know HOW so called "Reality" itself, is "Generated" and "Manifested", WHERE it is "Manifested", and from WHERE it is "Generated" before the answer can be discovered....

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Hmmm.

Wonder if John Titor knows of Mallett?

Maybe his time looks back at Mallett like we do Einstein.

Is this a joke haha it's funny if it is.. if not
well John Titor is a hoax.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Time does not exist in the 4th dimension. There is no 4th dimension.
Time is relative to the observer. But the noticed effects of the observer aren't actually changing anything.
Time can not be speed up or slowed down.
You can not travel in to the future.
The 'future' only becomes the present.
You can technically observe the past by moving faster than the speed of light away from where you want to observe.
It's not the universe has a time recording device or anything..

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

There have been some evidence that light shows in the night sky were a result of projected holograms from the military, my guess is to confuse the enemy into wasting resources to attack phantom objects. I don't believe in UFOs as being from an alternate universe unless I could witness a verifiable alien being. For me it is a Gray area, pardon the pun. As for the crafts themselves they could be military using Tesla and Neumman technology. I do believe there may be the technology to Teleport someone from one place to another, not thru time but thru space. Say from Los Alamos to Florida. But it would seem there must be a receiver at the other end to make it possible. Curious but who knows, it may be the way we travel in 2250.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Time is simply a unit of measurement, much like feet, miles, ounces, etc.

As to the evening and the morning as mentioned in the creation account...evening begins around 6 pm and ends around 6 am. morning begins around 6 am and ends around 6 pm. thus the evening and the morning were the 1st, 2nd, then 3rd, then 4th thru 6th days.

Then on the 7th day God rested and chuckled...saying, "They think it took billions of years to do all this."

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LordsKnight

Interesting point you raise...

You could be right, seeing that the LIGHT came out of Darkness, and the darkness comprehend it not...

And as it is written; Darkness was upon the face of the deep and GOD said, "Let there be LIGHT"....

So yes this would explain the Evening first (Darkness) then the Morning (LIGHT)....

Very interesting.... I can't say you are wrong....

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
S&F for your thread!
Exactly today I was talking with my best friend about how time does not exists; coincidence?

I completely agree with the OP; time is only a measurement, and also a simple perception of our mind. We actually measure the change; everything in us and around us change at different rates, constantly, and we keep track of these changes by what we call time.

Just like a meter; you cannot find a "meter" existing by itself; there must be something to be measured in order to form "a meter of". We cannot find time in itself anywhere, a molecule or a particle of time. We can only apply time to an event, a change, or to the difference between changes. Boiling an egg for three minutes; there is no time going through that egg, or around it, or containing it. The egg is going through a change. Those three minutes represents actually the difference between the egg's initial state and it's final state, the length or strength of that change measured in a simple way. Not sure if I can explain myself clearly enough, but hope you get the idea.

I actually wonder if the time is perceived at all by other than humans, animals, for example. They don't feel the need to conceptualize and measure the changes around them so probably they don't perceive what we call "time". Maybe they just experience things out of any frame of reference.

To travel back in time would mean to go back to a previous state, before certain changes happened.

To travel back in time, to a specific event, would mean to undone or nullify ALL the changes occurred since that event, recreating the exact same factors and conditions that were present when that event occurred. To use the same example of the boiled egg, in order to go back to the time when it was not boiled yet would mean not only to return the egg to its previous state, but also to undone all the changes happened around him, in the air, on the earth, on the universe.
AND...also delete the memory of the same event from my mind (the observer); that it's also a change...Only then I can say I went back in time and replayed exactly the same event again.

While I think that on the physical level it's impossible, I do believe that our brain have the ability to "replay" events from the past, (since we perceive time in our mind,) and even change, if not actual events, at least our perceptions of events. Our brain has amazing abilities of creating worlds of illusion, like in dreams, or like paranoid/schizophrenic states where people actually see and hear things that do not exist. The unknown 80% of our brain must have something to do with this.

I remember from buddhist teachings, it's said that a Buddha (an enlightened one) perceive the past, the present and the future in the same time. That is, when he is free of concepts like time.....And it makes sense to me.

edit on 5-7-2011 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
If I went back in time, would my younger self kick my butt or would my older, wiser self outwit my younger self? That question makes my brain hurt...

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
If reality is a product of observation then isn't time?

Wouldn't that mean it completely depends on the observer weather or not time travel is possible?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I disagree. I believe time travel is possible just like anything else. Time is science therefore can de investigated. The only problem is that scientists haven't spent enough time considering the fact that time travel is possible

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I'm sure its possible but i don't know how we could ever have the technology to be able to ascertain this energy and use it for Time Travel especially during this time period. Plus how things are and how people are I'd bet some jackass would make sure Hitler would have lived way longer than he was suppose to if a time machine was made during this time period.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
The concept of time is difficult to convey, however, it is often described as “the thing that stops everything happening at once” – ie the measurable distance between cause and effect.
Human mind’s have difficulty in understanding anything that does not have a beginning, middle and end.

Whether time is a fundamental structure of the universe (a dimension in which events occur in sequence) or nothing more than an intellectual tool, is an ongoing and seemingly un-resolvable conundrum.

On a quantum level (the minutest measurements of time) and the largest possible scale (relativity), the universal constant of time –that it only moves forwards and never backwards, simply does not apply and the basic laws of physics break down.
discovermagazine.com...www.telegraph.co.uk... -time.html

On an intellectual level, clocks may record time as a constant, however in the human mind, time is highly subjective, mood and circumstance can dramatically warp our perceptions of it and without our clocks, most of us would be regularly deceived.

Even our own body clocks (circadian rhythms) seem pre-disposed to confuse us… studies indicate that they are rarely set to a 24 hour day – studies disclose the average adult circadian rhythm to be 24 hours and 11 minutes – but even this extended day can be further disrupted by lack of or too much sunlight, artificial light (frequency and colour of artificial light being significant), hormone levels etc.

However, one of the most interesting considerations of time is when it simply doesn’t behave as it should……………

Like this report in the Bermuda Triangle .....
www.mysterywatch.co.uk...#/time-mystery-bermuda-triangle/4552943028

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mb2591
Time is relative to the observer. But the noticed effects of the observer aren't actually changing anything.
You can technically observe the past by moving faster than the speed of light away from where you want to observe.

You need all 4 dimensions to describe matter, any 3, 2, or 1, alone is simply a mathematical coordinate and not an entity. The point, is an infinitesimally small coordinate of location, one cannot hold a point, one can only occupy that point in space for a given amount of time. A line is simply the shortest distance between two points in space, not a tangible entity. Two dimensional space, a plane, is not an entity, it is still a coordinate of a threshold, one can only breach and never 'hold', a given coordinate of the threshold plane between two lines. Connecting two planes finally creates a three dimensional location of space that one can if one fits into those coordinates occupy, but without a time reference as to when the space is occupied the description has no meaning.

Time certainly exists, if you were to lose your arm in the past you have a reference in time when you once had that arm, but you are now beyond that point in time with that proof of the loss of a limb.

Now, as Baryonic matter approaches light speed (somehow in sci fi, not in our reality), time slows and you know why? Light, which is not a physical Baryonic matter will have a greater distance to travel to 'catch up' to the traveling particle, or being, and the particle of Baryonic matter, or being's 'clock' slows, so that the approaching light is still observed to catch up and pass at c, c is a universal constant. To the traveling Baryonic matter particle, or being traveling at c, time according to that entity does not move, in other words, to the light photon from a distant source 13 billion light years away, that to us took 13 billion years to reach us, the photon experienced no time lapse at all, to the photon, it reached us as soon as it left its source. Should that photon of light be reflected back to its source (somehow), 26 billion years would have elapsed from when it left at its source, thus the photon 'time traveled' beyond its source if it still exists, in some given spacial coordinate of space it has moved to. Once the poor photon left its source traveling c it is doomed to have no way of returning to the point in space-time of its origin, even though the time it was gone was zero to the poor photon doomed to travel only to the future though no time took place to it itself at all.

This short video will explain better what I am trying to say about time and c.

All of this said travel faster than c is just an idea, and not a possible reality for baryonic matter, so hypotheses of what happens to time to an entity traveling faster than light are meaningless, and simply conjecture. Once you begin your light speed travel you simply can't get back to when you started, because the time lapse of where you started from, elapsed much faster than time is moving for you traveling c.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic

Originally posted by mb2591

You need all 4 dimensions to describe matter, any 3, 2, or 1, alone is simply a mathematical coordinate and not an entity. The point, is an infinitesimally small coordinate of location, one cannot hold a point, one can only occupy that point in space for a given amount of time. A line is simply the shortest distance between two points in space, not a tangible entity. Two dimensional space, a plane, is not an entity, it is still a coordinate of a threshold, one can only breach and never 'hold', a given coordinate of the threshold plane between two lines. Connecting two planes finally creates a three dimensional location of space that one can if one fits into those coordinates occupy, but without a time reference as to when the space is occupied the description has no meaning.

Yea we need time, the universe doesn't though.
time does not exist in a 4th dimension.
time is not an entity.

Time certainly exists, if you were to lose your arm in the past you have a reference in time when you once had that arm, but you are now beyond that point in time with that proof of the loss of a limb.

This is like saying.. you can't change the past which is true.. This doesn't mean there is some other dimension that Time is existing in.

Now, as Baryonic matter approaches light speed (somehow in sci fi, not in our reality), time slows and you know why? Light, which is not a physical Baryonic matter will have a greater distance to travel to 'catch up' to the traveling particle, or being, and the particle of Baryonic matter, or being's 'clock' slows, so that the approaching light is still observed to catch up and pass at c, c is a universal constant. To the traveling Baryonic matter particle, or being traveling at c, time according to that entity does not move, in other words, to the light photon from a distant source 13 billion light years away, that to us took 13 billion years to reach us, the photon experienced no time lapse at all, to the photon, it reached us as soon as it left its source. Should that photon of light be reflected back to its source (somehow), 26 billion years would have elapsed from when it left at its source, thus the photon 'time traveled' beyond its source if it still exists, in some given spacial coordinate of space it has moved to. Once the poor photon left its source traveling c it is doomed to have no way of returning to the point in space-time of its origin, even though the time it was gone was zero to the poor photon doomed to travel only to the future though no time took place to it itself at all.

This short video will explain better what I am trying to say about time and c.

All of this said travel faster than c is just an idea, and not a possible reality for baryonic matter, so hypotheses of what happens to time to an entity traveling faster than light are meaningless, and simply conjecture. Once you begin your light speed travel you simply can't get back to when you started, because the time lapse of where you started from, elapsed much faster than time is moving for you traveling c.

No. 'Time' is just an idea. Faster than light travel is possible. There is no speed limit to the universe. If I were to travel faster than light for 1 year away from earth then turn around and travel the same speed going back to earth I would get back 2 years from when I left. I would be 2 years older. everyone on earth would be 2 years older.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
So when will you be writing up your findings and submitting them for peer reviewing?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Time travel is impossibly.

Lets say you are at -4 and want to travel directly to +4.

-4, -3, -2, -1, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4

-4 is present time, +4 is somewhere in the future.

-4 is present time and the rest of the time don't exist. (-3, -2, -1, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 )

Lets say you are at +4 and want to travel to -4.

Then you have the same problem as above, the past dosent exist anymore. So you cant travel in that direction.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Can anyone explain how light is supposed to be a constant if it can be slowed down?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Time Travel is a bit like accessing a huge Library.... Where all possibilities are present both future and past.

Nothing can be changed.

We can only access different "Stories" as to say.

Or we can only experience these adventures….

When we think we are changing something we are merely picking or choosing another "Story Line" out of the Libraries of “The ALL” which has been already Created.

Its a bit like accessing a Huge "Video Library" and can only experience the different "Stories" or Videos.

Non can be Changed, and The Library can only be added to, by producing different "Stories" or Programs which can then be accessed by others...

Think outside the Square....

The Secret is being able to have access to The Libraries of "The ALL".

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

I think i understand what you mean. Our present experiance and perception of reality lies in what we produce and manufacture. Its like a artificial created state of time and experiance.

We are using existing resources to create a new perception of time. But in this sense our reality is limited to what we can do with existing resources. In the future we might not be able to travel back in time, but we might have to experiance what its was like in the past, do to lack of what we can preform and manufacture with existing resources.

Resources is our library to change our perception of time.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join