It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: EU Preparing to Launch Ground Invasion in Libya

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Breaking: EU Preparing to Launch Ground Invasion in Libya

www.infowars.com

The United Nations is set to rubber stamp an EU invasion force of ground troops that would be sent into Libya under the cooked up pretense of “humanitarian aid” and empowered to fight if Gaddafi forces threatened to impede their mission to “secure sea and land corridors inside the country,” another blatant attempt to legitimize the aggressive war by goading Gaddafi into attacking western troops and justifying a wider military intervention.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk
[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1369019/Libya-war-30-years-Armed-forces-ministers-extraordinary-admission.html]www.dailymail.co.uk[/url ]

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

“The EU has drawn up a “concept of operations” for the deployment of military forces in Libya, but needs UN approval for what would be the riskiest and most controversial mission undertaken by Brussels,” reports the Guardian.

“The armed forces, numbering no more than 1,000, would be deployed to secure the delivery of aid supplies, would not be engaged in a combat role but would be authorised to fight if they or their humanitarian wards were threatened. “It would be to secure sea and land corridors inside the country,” said an EU official.

It appears that the European Union is set to send in ground
troops to ‘aid the civilians’. What this really means is that they
will be intentionally sending these innocent men and women into
harm’s way so that they will be killed thus justifying the full
scale land invasion.

They are planning on doing this at the same time Greece,
Ireland, and Portugal are being bailed out and the warning is
that they will be in Libya for possibly 30 years should they
decide to invade.

Be prepared people, Libya is the next Iraq but worse.

www.infowars.com

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
It's 1939 all over again...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
The UN cant rubberstamp what the article is talking about. Since the current resolution doesnt allow for ground forces, a new resolution authorizing the use of force is required, and based on China and Russias response to date, I dont see them supporting it.

So if NATO is going to go it alone, more power to them.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

when they aid supplies they actually mean weapons, there going to bring in weapons for the CIA or terrorist backed rebels under mist of bringing aid supplies to civilians, dont believe there lies

would be deployed to secure the delivery of aid supplies, would not be engaged in a combat role but would be authorised to fight if they or their humanitarian wards were threatened. “It would be to secure sea and land corridors inside the country,” said an EU official.

humanitarian aid- weapon aid.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I hate to say I told ya' so, but dang it! We're going to have boots on the ground.
Um, Obama, any comment?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
and so we slide down this slippery slope. I was okay with them putting up a no fly zone if that was all they did but this is getting worse and worse by the minute.
I blood boils at whats happening over there these days, poor lybians.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

US have said (Pentagon and Obama) he will not send ground forces and UN too. Now what they say ??
Pityfull governments. I hate them.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Who didnt see this coming...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
If they want Gaddafi out then thats the only way. These rebels don't know what they are doing.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

you could be right, we could be witnessing the first stages in the occupation of the middle east. this could eventually be all out war. where next? bahrain? iran will be getting fidgety if so.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Sounds like establishing a "beachhead". Was never any real doubt about boots on the ground ever being involved, right? since they already are! I really can't see why NATO needs to get "permission" from the U.N. Why? The U.N. is for all practical purposes Useless Now. But the dogs of war are off the leash now and there's no calling them back. No. We pretty much saw this coming didn't we?
I just don't get the whole U.N. thing, like they've made a difference, ever!, U.N., Useless Now!, but you know they'll get a sign off from the bankers !

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
The UN cant rubberstamp what the article is talking about. Since the current resolution doesnt allow for ground forces, a new resolution authorizing the use of force is required, and based on China and Russias response to date, I dont see them supporting it.

So if NATO is going to go it alone, more power to them.

I would tend to agree but the Guardian article states

The EU has drawn up a "concept of operations" for the deployment of military forces in Libya, but needs UN approval for what would be the riskiest and most controversial mission undertaken by Brussels.

does the U.N. have authority ?

who is the main authority anyway ?

the article seems to want all readers to believe the U.N. is the sole power.....

it places the idea in our heads right away in the first paragraph !!!

then goes on with other issues about the same caper......

Ahhhhhgggg the MSM again.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by LaTouffe
reply to post by Misoir

US have said (Pentagon and Obama) he will not send ground forces and UN too. Now what they say ??

Just give it some time. Purposefully or not, the US will sooner or later be asked to participate and will do so. The supposed cautiousness is just to keep the home front calm. Obama will simply say that there was no other choice than helping the EU out. And that's only the beginning.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
The UN has been a useless waste of space for the last 30 years. They have never acted properply in line with their own charter and have failed peoples all over the world because of the lack of action or substance in anything they discuss or do!! And as also some form of coalition has to take up the bit.

The UN does not ever fulfill its remit as speciifed in its charter.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

Originally posted by LaTouffe
reply to post by Misoir

Just give it some time. Purposefully or not, the US will sooner or later be asked to participate and will do so. The supposed cautiousness is just to keep the home front calm. Obama will simply say that there was no other choice than helping the EU out. And that's only the beginning.

I disagree. While the US is surely backing the revolt in Libya I do believe it is going to continue to do everything possible to make it appear that they are staying out of it. They may have actually learned something in Iraq and Afghanistan and surely don't need any more flack from the world.

Why would the US put itself up for criticism if the EU is willing to step in? I think the US realizes that appearing to be the world's superpower can take a backseat for once to some political expediency. They can still accomplish what they want letting the limelight or backlash fall on Europe.

Personally, knowing the involvement of the CIA behind the scenes, and their agenda, does not prevent me from wanting a quick end to the Qadaffi regime. The "baby", freedom for Libyans, shouldn't be thrown out with the dirty NWO/CIA bathwater.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

And the people of sweden havent heard one single word about this. their goverment dont care what the people of sweden thinks. its a shame and the way things gonna be I guess...

“The EU has drawn up a “concept of operations” for the deployment of military forces in Libya, but needs UN approval for what would be the riskiest and most controversial mission undertaken by Brussels,” reports the Guardian.

“The armed forces, numbering no more than 1,000, would be deployed to secure the delivery of aid supplies, would not be engaged in a combat role but would be authorised to fight if they or their humanitarian wards were threatened. “It would be to secure sea and land corridors inside the country,” said an EU official.

It appears that the European Union is set to send in ground
troops to ‘aid the civilians’. What this really means is that they
will be intentionally sending these innocent men and women into
harm’s way so that they will be killed thus justifying the full
scale land invasion.

They are planning on doing this at the same time Greece,
Ireland, and Portugal are being bailed out and the warning is
that they will be in Libya for possibly 30 years should they
decide to invade.

Be prepared people, Libya is the next Iraq but worse.

www.infowars.com

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
My bet is that this operation has been in the planning stages for a long time.

Just like Iraq.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I've said it in other threads that Libya is simply serving as a beta test nation for this group www.responsibilitytoprotect.org...

Note the light blue berets on the uniformed guardians on the websites homepage.

Look at their crises maps and note that Libya is on the top of their list!! Look around the site. They have plans for all parts of the world.

From the site

Sign the petition and call on the United Nations to take the 3 following actions:

* Deploy U.N. Peacekeepers On the Ground to protect Libyan civilians. (64% of Americans supports a standing peacekeeping force led by the United Nations. We need well-trained forces on the ground.)
* Provide Food, Water, Medicine and Shelter for the displaced people of Libya.
* Sponsor elections to bring democracy and a legitimate government.

Full Petition Text:
"President Barack Obama, Secretary of Defense Gates, Secretary of State Clinton, and our Congressional representatives must work through the United Nations to continue protecting the people of Libya from atrocities committed by their own government."

Check out their members. Its a who's who of the progressive left
www.responsibilitytoprotect.org...

This groups is heavily tied to George Soros (surprise!) and his Open Society and our President Obama. The way Obama handled this Libyan situation should serve as a glaring reality slap!!

Barack Obama's adoption of the "Responsibility to Protect" justification for bombing Libya will create problems. Not only will this lead -- and has led to attacks against Israel and calls for international intervention in the conflict between Palestinians and Israelis -- but it also has the potential of being applied in a form of lawfare against America.

When we engage militarily in other nations, civilian casualties are inevitable, especially since terrorists hide among civilian populations. There is one influential group that has been in the forefront of efforts to promote the idea that the international community is obligated to take measures (including military ones) to protect civilians. That group is the Global Center for the Responsibility to Protect. Lo and behold! George Soros's Open Society Institute is one of the two foundations that bankroll this advocacy group (the other, the John D. and Catherine MacArthur Foundation - a group that has, over the years, become known not just for its Genius Awards but also for its funding of left-leaning groups. It is headed by a former State Department official and we know how many of those diplomats think).

Soros, as I have also pointed out , has ties to Samantha Power-Obama's influential foreign policy adviser and one of the key people responsible for Obama's decision to attack Libya under the Responsibility to Protect rationale.

President Obama sought the approval of the Arab League and the international community before launching military attacks on Libya. He did not seek Congressional approval. This chronology illustrates his pattern of outsourcing our foreign policy to other nations and multilateral groups (as if the bowing, the abject apology for America's past actions, his praise for Europe, and other actions had not already indicated his ideology and likely future policies).

www.americanthinker.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
A little more on the R2P doctrine that is being touted by Obama in regards to Libya.

The embarrassment of the Obama administration’s R2P enablers continuing to push this doctrine is compounded not by what we are doing in Libya, but by what we absolutely will not do in neighboring areas facing similar travails. I seem to recall some revolution minded folks yearning to be free in Bahrain recently. Sadly for them they are quickly pigeon-holed in category two above. Their nation is currently home to our navy’s Fifth Fleet and their government is good friends with Saudi Arabia. We may be able to laugh off the relatively small amount of oil produced by Libya, but the Saudis are the big dogs on that block and we won’t be very quick to earn their anger.

Syria is also experiencing a large degree of unrest, but don’t expect us to to be bombing them any time soon either. They too fall into category two, though for significantly different reasons. On the one hand, they still have some powerful friends who could complicate things abroad. And back home, the president still has to walk that tight balance beam of Mideast peace. A direct assault on Syria could be seen as the United States playing its traditional role of Israel’s big brother and wiping out one of their sworn enemies for them. Our completely incoherent foreign policy (or total lack thereof) precludes us from doing anything which would seem to place us too far in one direction or the other in that embattled corner of the world.

Taking all of this into account, it’s time for a direct answer from the Obama administration on precisely where they stand on the question of R2P doctrine. If they’re going to say they fully endorse it, the president either needs to stand by for a lot more wars which won’t prove nearly as easy and breezy as Libya or risk exposure as a hypocritical opportunist. And if they are willing to deny the R2P doctrine, it’s time for some painful but refreshing honestly on exactly where our foreign policy priorities lie and what the rest of the world’s leaders can expect from us in the future.

hotair.com...

Note the mention of Saudi Arabia. The Saudis are not very happy with the US at the moment. They just cut oil production by 500,000 barrels a day. In case you haven't noticed, our gas prices will continue to rise as we get closer to the busy Summer travel months. Saudi Arabia and OPEC are playing games while their entire region is on the brink of collapse.

www.businessspectator.com.au...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join