It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people say HAARP is a weapon?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by UrgentInsurgent

Trust me, I'm on your side. It is indeed foolish to deny the army hasn't extensively explored the potentiality of weather modification and weaponization.

I was trying to help the OP understand how some can come to a conclusion without evidence. I've watched the CT episode and done the research. And at the end of the day, you don't know and won't know because it is a confidential program.

According to Naiditch, HAARP is an attractive target for conspiracy theorists because "its purpose seems deeply mysterious to the scientifically uninformed".[18]

en.wikipedia.org...

"HAARP COULD send signals to aliens."
"It COULD cause earthquakes."
"It COULD down a plane."
"It COULD fry the earth in a minute."
"It COULD... fill in the blank."
Fill in the blank however you wish but its only conjecture. PURE CONJECTURE.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by denytheignorance
Thanks for all the info in your replies I'll have to check those out too lol. I see why people say it could believe it's a weapon but until we actually see HAARP shoot bolts of lightning and cause an earthquake with a rainbow light in the sky i can't see it being a weapon

1) it's a giant antenna
2) Jesse Ventura thinks everything is a WMD
3) no one has any proof whatsoever

That's just my own opinion though.

Yes a GIANT antenna can be used as a weapon. Electromagnetic interference can jam sensitive equipment, burn out electric circuits, and even prompt explosions.

Ham radios, remote-controlled toys, and walkie-talkies etc. are banned outright on commercial airline flights.

Then you have Naturally occurring radio noise originating from atmospheric disturbances (including lightning) and extraterrestrial sources (such as sunspots) that can effect weather and electronic equipment. Take a guess who operates in those ranges?

HAARP shoot bolts of lightning

Look up Schumann resonances, it has been used to track global lightning activity, I would seriously think again who can tamper with those frequencies or play with bolts of lightning.

And you can't see it as a weapon?

edit on 19-4-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Hahaha easy there cowboy! No one has blasted you. I mean we could blast you but then we would have our posts removed for manners and decorum or off topic.
reply to post by denytheignorance

I didn´t say you were blasting me, nor would it matter if you attempted it. You were blasting others for supposed lack of research and proof gullibility, receiving unearned stars, calling it sad, while noone claimed to have proof, and the the intention of the thread was not the collecting of proof.

First of all as I have said before... Why is it that anything that is bigger than tv remote deemed evil? Idk maybe because people are paranoid or because they only research for 2 minutes and believe the first thing they hear. That's not proof or even the slightest bit of true information.

I think your preconceived notions are troubling you, on top of that your reading comprehension, or lack thereoff.

The question was not if HAARP is evil and your tv remote comment doesn´t make sense at all. Again noone claimed to have proof.

I think you need to chill out a bit.

The people that invented HAARP were thinking of weaponizing it themselves. If they consider its possibilities, then why shouldn´t others do that?

Why should anyone believe you when you say that it is not possible? You know nothing.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Moonsouljah

Fill in the blank however you wish but its only conjecture. PURE CONJECTURE.

You seem to be obsessed with demanding proof from people that never claimed to have proof.

And at the end of the day, you don't know and won't know because it is a confidential program.

Just as much as you don´t know and can´t know if it´s not a weapon. The difference is I don´t claim it as fact, but you do.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Part of the problem for me was that you used the comparison of getting data out of a scientific peer-reviewed journal.

Not only does no one (I hope) expect this site to live up to those standards, but many of us who use this site have a hard time respecting those "standards". I've heard a lot of scientists tell stories of not being able to publish perfectly valid papers because the "peer review" process was used as a way to suppress certain viewpoints.

This society has caught a disease called (I'm not sure what to call it) "narrow mindedness" that has been slowly spreading throughout its various different sectors. Part of our work is to expose that. But we can't, in these forums, replace the real scientific work that needs to get done and published.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by UrgentInsurgent

Just as much as you don´t know and can´t know if it´s not a weapon.

Exactly. If anything, I lean towards it being a weapon but I'll never know and that's ok. Making my mind up based on unsubstantiated claims from a blog or youtube video is a little dicey.

And yes, proof is important to the discussion as it was what the OP had originally asked about. Perhaps you should stay more focused.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ozscot
It's a weapon in the same way that a kitchen knife is a weapon - it has a multitude of uses ...

Wow, that's a great example! Never thought it that way !

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
because:

a)everytime they use it something or someone gets hurt

and b)how much research could there possibly be on the northern lights? they been up there for 30 years!
edit on 19-4-2011 by RelentlessLurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by denytheignorance

So...You are saying the fact that Jesse Ventura is "like 60 years old" makes him someone to dislike? Really? His age means he can't believe in conspiracy theories? That kind of thinking seems very narrow minded to me.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

WikiPedia is not a credible site because anyone can the info on that site.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
ummmm, maybe the patents?
Maybe cuz its run by the Air Force and Navy - which belong to the Department of Defense.
Maybe cuz the Air Force and the Navy utilize weapons?
Maybe cuz the Air Force and the Navy operate some weapons in a secretive way - and much about HAARP seems to be a secret? I am not sure they are going to destroy the earth and make earth quakes - but I can promise you there are things going on there that either support weapons - or in fact are weapons.

Maybe cuz its Tesla technology and his patents are still top secret . . . just guessing.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alternator

Ive posted it because someone wants to know why people think it's a weapon... Well, thats why.

Because they don't know any physics and get freaked by something that seems weird.

The military is involved in a number of sensitive non-weapons technical issues. The main one is communications.
edit on 20-4-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dalbeck

Originally posted by Ozscot
It's a weapon in the same way that a kitchen knife is a weapon - it has a multitude of uses ...

Wow, that's a great example! Never thought it that way !

Actually, it's a weapon the same way that a kitchen sponge is a weapon.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

To say that everytime HAAP gets used someone gets hurt sounds a bit like a post hoc ergo propter hoc argument to me. It's probably possible to correlate the opening of my fridge door with traffic accidents if your correlation parameters are slack enough (as the correlation parameters between HAARP activity and disasters seems to be).

As for how much research can you do on the ionisation of low pressure gasses in a magnetic field by a wide range of high energy radiation? I'd guess quite a lot, judging by the complexity of the potential variables involved.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by imitator

HAARP shoot bolts of lightning

Look up Schumann resonances, it has been used to track global lightning activity, I would seriously think again who can tamper with those frequencies or play with bolts of lightning.

And you can't see it as a weapon?

edit on 19-4-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

Considering what lightning is, exactly how does one control it in effort for it to hit a target? This makes no sense to me for weapon use.

I personally lean towards a bit of a waste of money, and scientific program.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join