It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people say HAARP is a weapon?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Hello, I am new here and have been reading threads on HAARP and have seen that a lot of people say and think it's a weapon of mass destruction. Why do you think it's a weapon? Honestly I have no preference on HAARP except that I think it's not used for what they claim its used for. Besides that, why do so many people swear that it is a weapon. Is there any links or a direction someone can lead me in so I can read what the weapon believers are reading and why they think it's a weapon?

Thanks, denytheignorance

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
that's what they've been told by a few sources so they feel the need to tell everyone without actually having any proof because it answers so many things so easily for them when really it's nothing more then a legitamite scientific research program yet hyped just enough to have the new sheep reguritate the info as if it were a real weapon
edit on 19-4-2011 by yourmaker because: typo

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by denytheignorance

Watch the HAARP episode of conspiracy theorist with Jesse Ventura

www.youtube.com...
edit on 19-4-2011 by Alternator because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
It's a weapon in the same way that a kitchen knife is a weapon - it has a multitude of uses but should you choose to alter its use - it becomes very dangerous indeed.

planet-flipside.com...

Oz

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I might suggest it has to do with secrecy and lack of quality resources (the internet).
The more secretive and powerful something seems the more curious minds seek to fill in the larger gaps of information. Online culture prefers easy, unverified answers from low-grade sources. Combine this with the desire to hear what you want and the seemingly nefarious HAARP becomes actually nefarious in the mind of the undiscerning 'theorist.'

link   
reply to post by Alternator

I watched it and they didn't let him in because 1) he's jesse Ventura 2) there were cameras and 3) because he would be the one to totally completely screw everything up. Not talking bad about him but I really dont care for Jesse Ventura.

I think theres one thing that it could be used for. Something along the lines of making it rain in certain places or something like that. I don't think it's a weapon, I believe it is a legit research tool. Why is it that everything that is bigger than a tv remote is deemed evil and sinister?
edit on 19-4-2011 by denytheignorance because: (no reason given)

link   

Because it´s inventors were thinking of weaponizing the technology from day one. The potential applications for use as a weapon are mentioned in the patents.

It is very naive to think that governments haven´t been pursuing this weaponized technolgy, because it´s the first purpose thought of, for most new technologies.

As usual, the governments a way head of public technology.

That´s why people think it could be a weapon, at least I do.
edit on 19-4-2011 by UrgentInsurgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Had no idea TruTV did a bit on HAARP with Gov. Ventura, thanks.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
supposedly, HAARP can act as a nuclear weapon

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

This helps my point. Some anonymous ATSer says," Watch that thar' Ventura show bout it. I seen it and its bonafide proof." - A far cry from a peer-reviewed, academic journal yet the poster will receive ATS stars for their 'insight,' - a link to a youtube video. Sad really.

What would be the result if Ventura marched up to Coke and said, "what's the recipe?"

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Thanks for all the info in your replies I'll have to check those out too lol. I see why people say it could believe it's a weapon but until we actually see HAARP shoot bolts of lightning and cause an earthquake with a rainbow light in the sky i can't see it being a weapon

1) it's a giant antenna
2) Jesse Ventura thinks everything is a WMD
3) no one has any proof whatsoever

That's just my own opinion though.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Well, one would not think of it as a conventional weapon. HAARP is most likely still learning a lot about what they can do, but must have reached some impressive milestones by now.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Moonsouljah

Off topic- haha love the avatar dude, he is my favorite actor.

On topic- exactly my point.

I do know that the guys they interviewed in the show were stuttering and mumbling words a lot. But who wouldn't stutte when talking to Jesse Ventura? He's a weirdo and probably makes everyone he comes into contact with feel uneasy.

Now I'm not bashing Jesse Ventura but seriously. He's like 60 years old and all he does is search for proof of things that have the smallest bit of conspiracy attached to them.
edit on 19-4-2011 by denytheignorance because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Ive posted it because someone wants to know why people think it's a weapon... Well, thats why.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82

Well, one would not think of it as a conventional weapon. HAARP is most likely still learning a lot about what they can do, but must have reached some impressive milestones by now.

indeed. part of their scientific research is no doubt to find it's maximum potential in all aspects in the same regard as the research into the atom and it's sciences which eventually led to the atom bomb. it could head down that path but there isn't a clear enough picture at the moment to draw that conclusion entirely so we leave at, it's a scientific research facility.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Really, I mean no offense against you personally. I realize you were trying to help the OP.
I was just pointing out how ATS, as an example, rewards rudimentary understanding and unverifiable claims.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

The best reply to a post I have ever seen hahaha.

The show proved nothing except one thing! The only thing it proved is that Jesse Ventura can't get into a research facility. Since he couldnt get in it caused people to think it's a weapon. Wow!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moonsouljah

Really, I mean no offense against you personally. I realize you were trying to help the OP.
I was just pointing out how ATS, as an example, rewards rudimentary understanding and unverifiable claims.

No, you were being a jerk.

Nobody said they had proof.

If you only want to consider things that are proven and peer to peer reviewed, as possible, fine, it´s your confinement.

Don´t blast others for looking a bit further.

Like I said, the intention to weaponize this technology has been there from the start, anyone who thinks that this hasn´t been pursued is a bit naive.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by UrgentInsurgent

Hahaha easy there cowboy! No one has blasted you. I mean we could blast you but then we would have our posts removed for manners and decorum or off topic.

First of all as I have said before... Why is it that anything that is bigger than tv remote deemed evil? Idk maybe because people are paranoid or because they only research for 2 minutes and believe the first thing they hear. That's not proof or even the slightest bit of true information.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Peer to peer review? Journal, stars, bonafide proof? right

Ok, realize this is a simple question and answer thread about what haarp might be. No one made specific claims of what they doing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join