It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Questions on Christianity Answered

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sprocket2cog

Sorry I didn't respond in full. I just don't understand what you're asking. Can you please rephrase the question?

Just to elaborate about Jesus being the only way...I see it like this. Jesus is the only one that has paid for our sins. This makes Him the only way to reconcile with God. There is no other cure for our sinful nature other than what Jesus Christ did on the cross. If there was any other way to reconcile, God surely would have answered Jesus' prayer in the garden to let the burden pass over Him....

A2D
edit on 19-4-2011 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

Sorry OP for stealing your thunder so to speak.

He has to ask someone else
your doing fine mate, please continue

Wal

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

How does religions that existed before Christianity relate to it, as many are similar to the bible stories.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sprocket2cog

How does religions that existed before Christianity relate to it, as many are similar to the bible stories.

Like I stated previously, they come from the same source. The event at the Tower of Babel is the common factor among the differences. I believe all the major differences stem from that singular event. I don't think any one in particular is "more true' than the other..it's just a matter of picking out the facts that are true within each. The discernment it takes to distinguish these facts from fiction is a whole new bird. I really don't think there is any way to pinpoint what is and isn't fact at this point in time....that's where faith comes in. I think that's what "those that have eyes to see will see" really means - if you're really searching and honestly want to see what's true, you will. Hope this answers your question.

A2D

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Thanks for your answers its been interesting. As i said earlier i believe we all are heading to the same place, just our paths vary. I dont see anyone going to hell, as hell was made for one thing only, and that was Lucifer and his fallen angels, (as i posted earlier) i believe that even if a souls was to get lost and believe he was to sped the rest of his life n hell, that it wouldn't happen as there are too many souls that have pledged not to leave a single soul behind on the journey towards the god head.
i have considered making a map of the paths to god, but its a long term project to say the least.
but for now the best way i have of showing what i mean is this image.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/51a99854f0ee.jpg[/atsimg]

Im glad our paths have crossed in this space and time, and may your journey take you to the experiances your looking for.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

The argument you are using here for the Bible being true but Christ not being the only way can be revealed as true or false. The test that you use is to examine the fruit that results. If you have found a way around Christ, then you are living a perfect life and are able to stand on your own in righteousness. The fruit you bear will be a mirror of the life Christ lived in ultimate suffering of each step taken. If, however, the fruit of your walk in this life reflects sin and unrighteousness--like the rest of us in the world--then you need Christ as atonement for what you are incapable of accomplishing on your own.

With this said, denying Christ is an excuse to make choices that are contrary to his standard. Embracing Christ would require you to deny these contrary choices through Christ. All believers recognize their inability to walk in perfection. This is where the forgiveness of Christ covers your sin. This is not an excuse to sin. The excuse to sin is denying Christ as the way, the truth and the life. You go to the father, through Christ, for forgiveness of your inability to adequately provide the necessary sacrifice. This is the work of Christ.

Is Christ the only way? To God, yes. Faith in God is connected by the Word (LOGOS-John 1). God is the light and Christ is the word (wave). Light is a duality of particle and wave. All particles have an associated wave. The light cannot be separated form the wave in physics. The wave carries the light to you and then back to God in reflection. You are unable to reflect your own light to God in a manner that pleases Him. Christ carries it for you in a clear image that God accepts.

Originally posted by sprocket2cog

thanks for answering part of the question, what about older religions ?
and while i see you point about medication, that cant be analogous of god.. its like saying black is white..(see what i did there)
and s a matter of disclosure, i am not a Christian myself and dont fear hell as my journey isnt about that
but im not sure you can understand where im coming from so i wont bore you with details
do i believe the bible is true, yes.
do i believe that jesus is the only way to god, no
i am sure the bible is the story of one of the gods people, but i am one of the others mentioned in the bible, im sure your versed in that part as well

blessed be and peace.

edit on 19-4-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-4-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I can tell you, many people that profess to be 'Christians', arent. They're hypocrites. They hold people in judgment, look down on them and think theyre better then everyone else.

Christ said, "Judge not, lest ye be judged, and the measure you judge with on earth, you will be judged with in heaven," (Matthew 7:1,2)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ShakeNBake

True or false
The Bible was written by men, to control men. Just as the Torah, Talmud and the Quran.
Most Christian's claim to be LIKE Jesus of Nazareth but do the complete opposite.

I will ask more after your reply.

-Naeem

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd
You go to the father, through Christ, for forgiveness of your inability to adequately provide the necessary sacrifice.

Thanks Ed, but in my communication though prayer and meditation with God, i have made a spiritual sacrifice. One that is between myself and the divine.
the best way i can describe it is from a picture of jesus pulling the children out of a fast flowing river. many see themselves as the children lost in the water of life being pulled to safety by the grace of god though jesus, i see myself on the rocks beside jesus helping to save those that need it, I am not trying to find a way around jesus, just in my search for him i was asked some questions and my answers to god and jesus facilitated a new direction in my life..
I dont use it as an excuse to sin or live a life outside of the god head, rather i use it to experience more of this great universe and all its glory.
blessed be.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Though I didn’t start this post , it seems like you where left hanging for a reply.

First, I don’t have all the answers but I’ll try to answer as much I can.

God is the Alfa and the Omega, The beginning and the end.

In other words he lives in a non-liner existence, Future and Past is Present in his eyes.

Though we are all our Gods children, Jesus was special because he was God in flesh. Not a God but the one God.

If you have you have a none liner existence you don’t grow but you do obtain knowledge. God is all knowing because the principles of time, space, any other , don’t apply . But he needs a point to obtain knowledge.

Jesus life was the point where he understood the Human Condition.

Mark 15 34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, E'lo-i, E'lo-i, lama sabach'thani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? Ps. 22.1

The only way God could understand an existence separate from him is to become human.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
In the new testament why is part of Jesus life missing?

If God knows all then why did he let the snake speak to Eve, why did he put that snake in garden?

Why if he knew it all did he do that, foreseeing the whole future after that, wars, deaths of innocent children. Why?

If God knows all then he did not create Adam and Eve so they would not procreate, just them two prancing around a magical garden naked, because after all, God knows all. So he knew that he would kick em out and he know they would procreate. Why?

When God looks down from his heavenly throne and sees the pain and suffering that shakes this world, why does he not intervene. Why?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by taccj9903

Hell is being away from God. He's not stopping you, it's your choice to be close to him.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
1. God is omnipotent meaning he know's everything past present and future.

Yep

2. Before God made the world he looked at the outcome and saw how many people would follow him at the end and how many would not.

He Saw

3. He decided the numbers of those who would not was acceptable but instead of just dismissing something he created knowing would not follow him, because he made it that way, he decides to make his creation suffer for eternity.

Nope he didn't decide on the numbers, people chose for them selves. Who to say he didn't narrow it down. You also have to consider the Butter Fly effect. Should hundreds of good people not live just because their ancestor was evil.

4. God creates the world.

You must ask yourself why God decided on the number of people who would follow him and those that wouldn't. Saying we have free will is fine and correct but it doesn't dismiss the fact that God knew beforehand.

See comment to 3.

He could have made a world where everyone would follow him or none would or some would and he chose a certain number for whatever reason he had. If you don't think God knew than he isn't omnipotent which means he's not an all-knowing God.

See comment to 3.

If you believe he did know than he is responsible for creating something for the purpose of eternal suffering.

Personal Responsibility

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Here is a simple one. Why does the genealogy of Christ in the Gospel of Matthew not agree with the genealogy of Christ in the Gospel of Luke?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
What are your views on the creation story, more specifically, do you still believe it even though we have more than enough evidence stating that the universe was formed 13.7 billion years ago and the solar system ~5 billion years ago?

Do you believe in evolution? If not, why?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by bobbobulau

Thanks for that

yes i see where you are coming from. but in my quest for divine knowledge, i have come to the conclusion that there is no beginning or end.. there just is,
there always has been, and there all ways will be. and yes i do belive god created us as humans so he could obtain Knowles of what its like.. thats why i see all of us as aspects of the same god head, there is no right or wrong, good or evil in the eye of god, it is all just experience.
From chaos we were born and to chaos we return to start again. (chaos does not mean hell in my mind)
peace.

edit on 19-4-2011 by sprocket2cog because: spellink, its always da spellink

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Though all path lead to God. Not all paths are correct.

You will be before God. How do you want to present yourself

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Sounds like a lot of BS is being peddled here if you ask me...

OK, Question:

SO... where do all the wonderful and decent, helpful, kind and compassionate Hindus, and Jews, and Buddhists, and Muslims, and all other GOOD and DECENT people of OTHER FAITHS go since they dont believe in this 'jesus' modern man-god characters of yours?

Are you ACTUALLY saying that since they do not accept YOUR CHRISTIAN man-god that they GO TO HELL DESPITE being KIND, and WONDERFUL, and DECENT people?? REALLY????

REALLY????!!!!!!!!!!

Do you mean to say that they are all GOING TO HELL because they do not share your narrow-minded and ABSURD beliefs??

Really???

Bunch of narrow-minded bigoted BS peddling...

edit on 19-4-2011 by pplrnuts because: COLOR!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Gods Creates though evolution. What right do I have to say how he should do it.

If you look at progression of Genesis and compare it to our understanding of the Universe it is kinda close.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by bobbobulau

I will present my self before god the same way i left him when i came to this earth.. naked

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join