It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says Muslims are re-living Passover!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
President Obama, in one of his speeches, related the Jewish holiday of Passover to Muslims.

In his annual message, prior to his third straight participation in the Passover Seder, President Obama stated, “The story of Passover…instructs each generation to remember its past, while appreciating the beauty of freedom and the responsibility it entails. This year that ancient instruction is reflected in the daily headlines as we see modern stories of social transformation and liberation unfolding in the Middle East and North Africa.”

While some Jews accepted Obama's speech, others weren't so happy.

www.israelnationalnews.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by truthorlies

Aren't Jews knows for being unhappy?

People will knit-pick anything.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
This thread isn't going to end well....

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

That is the funniest thing I have heard here. That was perfect timing Amongus.
Funny indeed, yet sad.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
This thread isn't going to end well....

Not that there's anything wrong with that....

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

In his annual message, prior to his third straight participation in the Passover Seder, President Obama stated, “The story of Passover…instructs each generation to remember its past, while appreciating the beauty of freedom and the responsibility it entails. This year that ancient instruction is reflected in the daily headlines as we see modern stories of social transformation and liberation unfolding in the Middle East and North Africa.”

I see no mention of the word muslim in there..

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Passover recalls the bondage and suffering of Jews in Egypt and the miracle of the Exodus, but U.S. President Barack Obama says its message is reflected in Muslim uprisings.

i see it right there

This year that ancient instruction is reflected in the daily headlines as we see modern stories of social transformation and liberation unfolding in the Middle East and North Africa.”

and agian there

agreed this thread isnt going to end well

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I found this topic interesting, wondering if, since Christians celebrate the Passover, some Muslims might also. After all, the story of the exodus is recounted in the Quran. And to my surprise, there are indeed Muslims who celebrate the Passover, alongside Jews.

Moroccan Passover tradition brings Jews, Muslims together

Jews and Muslims Make Passover History at a Virginia Mosque

Muslims join Jews to celebrate Passover

Muslim charity helps Jews celebrate Passover

Passover Seder Celebrates Differences

A Muslim-Jewish Seder

Now this is not to say that Obama's words were the best he could have chosen. But, since the three major religions all come from the same root, it is not as far-fetched as it first appears.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

While I can't speak for muslims, I do know that not many Christians celebrate Passover. This is due to the fact that Passover is not only a religious event, but also a heritage event. Today, Christians are of many races. Passover was about the Jews

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

I was unaware of this. My church and my parents' church (both Lutheran) do celebrate it. I assumed it was common.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Besides, don't you think Obama should relate Passover to the Jews?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I don't know why no one has mentioned the idea that is is an attempt to help being together the new world religion. Unite the religions and celebrate the similarities.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

That's fine. They won't get me into the circle of "The Faith". I'll choose my own religion, thank you

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I stand behind the jews and Israel. They should be pissed about Obamas speech. I would be if i were them.

top topics

join