It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Must Watch! Saucer Changing Colours! HD April 14 2011

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by eaglewingz

Thanks....i still don't understand how a star can blink two to three different colors though....but i am not an astronomer either and is the reason i borrowed my brothers telescope...now if the darn clouds would go away!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I think that I saw the same thing on tuesday april 12 and I even managed to record an hour's worth of video on my still camera. It's not the best of cameras for this sort of thing but I caught it outside and had the cam on a fence so it's not jittery. I am at work right now but if anyone's interested I can post the vid, although judging from the responses here I'm not sure it that's a good idea. So let me know if anyone's interested.
BTW - pretty sure this is not a hoax since I'm in the K-W region of southern Ontario.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzie_lizzie79

post by dizzie_lizzie79
i still don't understand how a star can blink two to three different colors though

Stars appear to twinkle because their light is distorted as it passes through our atmosphere .
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/01893619cd50.gif[/atsimg]
www.enchantedlearning.com...
It is my belief that that is what we are seeing in the OPs video
edit on 20-4-2011 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Knowledge is power, but not enough care about that here at times... and those that do find out easily enough that belief is a drug and its very hard to kick.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Qonscious

looks like a cheep 3rd party playstion light up remote.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by eaglewingz

Thanks for the credits eaglewingz I didn't think any one even saw my post.
It took me about 2 seconds of watching the op's video and I immediately recognized the tell tail atmospheric color shift of our closest neighbors. If your in north hemisphere look for Orion and you will see a star below it with very bright twinkles, that's Sirius.
edit on 20-4-2011 by flyingfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

well i hope your right cause it creeps me out thinking otherwise!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

OK, now please explain why planets do not twinkle. Unless they do, but I have always been told that they don't but have always wondered why.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandermast
reply to post by gortex

OK, now please explain why planets do not twinkle. Unless they do, but I have always been told that they don't but have always wondered why.

Whoever told you that planets don't twinkle was wrong. Any celestial body is viewed through our atmosphere and it is that atmosphere which causes the twinkilng or scintillation.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join