It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Who Finally on BBC America!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
So i just watched the trailer for the first season that is to be aired here in the USA and i was blown away...this show seems to have just about every issue/topic/conspiracy that we talk about on here dealing with aliens, ufos, government, time travel, different dimensions, teleportation, etc.

Would really like to hear what my fellow UK ATSers have to say about this show and what its all about since there has yet to be a new episode here.

Looking forward to all the feedback!

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Pardon me sir. What is a Dr.Who?
I do not watch t.v.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FeraVerto

Check the link and find out for yourself. Looks like a great show.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
You've never had Dr Who down there?
That's so crazy. We've had Dr Who up here for years, on the Space Channel - it's the Cnd version of the SciFi Channel.
Good show, funny too.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Hasn't Dr. Who always been aired in America? I've seen it on like, three different channels.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyWrench30

I'm a little confused by your statement that it's finally being aired in the US unless I'm reading it wrong and you're pointing out where it's finally having a few episodes setting and shot in the USA. I've been watching it on BBC America for a while now. Anyways, love the show since the 9th doctor and wish they had kept the 10th doctor...David Tennant I think was his name I feel he was the perfect representation. I'm really excited for this season and have been catching up on netflicks and online
Did you see the Children in need shorts? Amy Pond was a funny girl in them.
Space is the first one

and time is the second one

There are versions up on the web without the charity ads in them but I only did a quick search for the links.
My husband and I will be tuning in on Saturday for sure

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Yay! I can't wait. I think the actors are great. (myself, personally)

Both Amy and the Dr. are great. Although Rory kinds gets on my nerves a bit. But he redeemed himself after the episode where he waited guarding Amy in the cube for over 500 centuries. (or was it 800, idk). Poor Rory. lol.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Tom Baker is the Dr. Who.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I hadn't really heard anything about it myself, but noticed the previews of it about a month ago.
Looks interesting and I will definitely give it a go.

But if we're talking Sci-Fi and the sorts...

I'm a big fan of 'Fringe' when it comes to the genre. J.J. Abrams has made himself one helluva series there.

I doubt that Dr. Who will top it, but then again I'm just assuming and maybe even being a homer.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I love Doctor Who. I absolutely adore Matt Smith as the Doctor.

Yes it DOES touch on a lot of conspiracy theories. But in the end it's all good fun.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Allegory of Illumination

Doctor Who is THE longest running Scifi series. It established a lot of themes of the genre.
That's like saying that Mario Bros 1 can't beat Modern Warfare. There just isn't a mode for comparison.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kylioneXsushi

Thanks my friend, great point.

Like I said I really don't know anything about the show, so I have nothing to base it off of.

But I will keep my trap shut until I've watched a season or 2. I'll reserve my opinion until I give it a fair chance.

If it's been on for THAT long, then it must be doing something right.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
It's been on BBC America for years. So have the spinoffs Torchwood, and the one with Mary Jane (I think that's her name) and these kids. New episodes are on saturday night.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

For some, Tom Baker epitiomized Dr. Who, but for a newer generation, David Tennent is THE Dr. Who. I guess my point is that Tom Baker was A Dr, Who, not THE Dr. Who, for in the end, they are all Dr. Who.

- mike

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
It was a good episode but it is going to be a long week of waiting till the 2nd part. I like this new monster though very creepy.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
i usually despise bbc primetime shows, but i do like dr who an awefull lot. im pretty sure the writers get their ideas from the likes of ats,
i dont care as its very good sci-fi

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Have to admit that I still watch Dr Who, Tom Baker was awesome as the Doctor, I remember being slightly scared but still watching as a child. I love the new shows as they take me back to my childhood, and its still not bad to watch as an adult (or am I just a geek/nerd!!).

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
what this means is if you got bbc america you can watch new episodes the same day they come out in england before it was weeks if not months before they would be rebroadcast here in us.
on a side not the forum that i use for links to tv shows and movie downloads stopped allowing dr who yeterday 5 minutes after someone in uk uploaded newest episode to comply with dmca. wtf you got hundreds of links to stolen movies and music but to comply with law you going to block posts about dr who.
yes amy is cool roary is ok but i am getting a kick out of river. especially since she can fly tardis better than doctor

new topics

top topics

join