It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War with Mexico, they say we've lost

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I agree with the drug legalization. Enforce it the same way alcohol is. If drugs would destroy us all, why are we still here? Drugs have been around for a long time. Talk to some of your grandfathers and ask them about buying coc aine and heroin at the pharmacy.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
i actually live on the border and everything is hunky-dory here, birds chirping and everything, very peaceful...

As far as "occupation" goes, its the white man who occupied the Americas, the natives are the ones who lived here first, and more than half of the mexican today come from that european/native mixture, so to say that "hispanics" are occupying the US is wrong, they have always been here.....

oh and when you say "hispanics" ur probably referring to mexicans, a "hispanic" person can be anyone that comes from a spanish speaking county

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by truthorlies

Oh and who did you ask about going to war with mexico? a military agent? or an average racist man? from their comment " there's too many of them over here" seems like he wants an ethnic cleansing and not a war on drugs

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Goradd

I specifically used the term hispanic. The people that I spoke with were not talking about just Mexicans. They were also speaking of the illegal cubans, central americans, and south americans. Yes, some of the people were talking about a literal war with hispanics and against Mexico. They were not just talking about drugs, but also about the illegal immigrants here in the US and the issues that have come about from them.

Just doing a report.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

But you specifically used the word hispanic on a thread that specifically uses the words War with Mexico, not War with Cuba, Colombians, Etc.

The "issues" than come with illegal immigrants are the same with whites and blacks that come into this country...

i would also point to the fact that thes "illegal" immigrants can now be looked to as refugees, from a country that is killing its people left and right.....there has been no cartel violence that has spilled across the border, the only time a US citizen has died is because they have been in mexico or are involved with the cartels

Furthermore if the US wanted to stop the cartels they could, they could also stop funding them weapons too
edit on 19-4-2011 by Goradd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I live in Southern California. This might give you a clue as to what ethnicity is most common here. If there's one observation I've made over the years, it's that what truly matters among a mixed population is the cultural and moral standards, and this is what separates people the most. It's the way you keep your front yard, the way you drive on the road, whether you say please or thank you, how friendly you are with your neighbors, how considerate you are of others, how you raise your children, whether or not you value education, and so on and so forth.

Skin color really doesn't matter. It only matters to the ignorant. It may be hard for some to believe, but the difference in color of one's skin can actually be overcome with common courtesy and fair practices. The hate and violence erupts when multiple cultures with differing values clash, and are forced to live side by side. While I believe that each culture has something very valuable to offer the other, it's important to recognize the positives and negatives of each.

The problem is that these things are not easy to teach or pick up in a matter of days, weeks, or even months. It can take years to instill certain cultural standards and values in people. It becomes even harder to do when people of one culture gather in a specific area, surround themselves with like-minded families, and continue to practice the same standards in the midst of a different culture. As this like-minded group continues to grow at a fast pace, it begins to see less and less reason to try to assimilate into the general culture which they chose to enter into. Soon enough it becomes a turf war between two or three cultures. There will be those who claim the U.S. has defeated Mexico and the land now belongs to them, and there are those who will claim that Mexico was here first.

I personally don't like to get into who belongs where, because I view the human species as migratory,.... which means that if you look back far enough into any race, you'll find they've been here and there, and everywhere at some point in time. Discussion of what race belongs to what continent is moot.

It is my opinion that if a person of a certain culture flees their "homeland" in order to seek a better life in another country, it is common courtesy to learn the language, the rules, and the culture of that land. I've had to do it twice now (first Germany and then the U.S.). It wasn't easy, but it is more than possible. This doesn't mean one must give up their own culture or language. Simply reserve that culture or language for the appropriate moment, and respect the nation that is providing you with the better life you sought for yourself.

To the nation which welcomes/accepts these immigrant cultures; It would be good for this currently "native" culture to allow the new immigrants some time for assimilation. Respect your new neighbors, treat them well, and offer some help. When mutual respect is shown, the quality of life can and will dramatically improve. When we arrived in Germany, we were placed in a home with four or five other families. We shared this big house with Poles, Hungarians and Syrians. The Hungarian family was on their high horse all day long, dictating who would be allowed to use the kitchen when. Naturally they clashed with the Syrian family, and verbal fights ensued. My dad was very level-headed. Although he was good friends with the Hungarian family, he saw that they were treating the Syrians unfairly. He stepped in, broke up the fight, and told the Hungarian to go shove it. From thereon everybody was fine and we had no problems sharing the house even though everyone came from a different place with different standards.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that no matter where you're from and what color of skin you have, it is VERY IMPORTANT that you STAND UP FOR WHAT'S RIGHT instead of banding with bad people simply because you share a skin tone. It should be good white/brown/yellow people vs. bad white/brown/yellow people,... not one color vs. another color.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The truth about the drug war is that these battles are not between the police and the dealers, they are battles between two groups of police. The dealers are in jail, the police run the drug biz now. It is not just the Mexican police making all the money, the Americans are in on it too.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I would just like to point out that there are no illegal cubans. If they are stopped at sea they are turned back but once they set foot on american soil they are given the chance to apply for political asylum. They are allowed to stay legally until they can return safely to their country.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FeraVerto

The way to end the drug war immediately would be to legalize all drugs.

That would break the financial back of the drug cartels.

Right now, any drug you want is available. The only thing that the "War on Drugs" does is to keep the cost high. Drugs are cheap. They have little or no value. Make them legal and put the money that we spend on this war into free treatment programs.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Even if we legalize drugs, we still have the issue of the millions of illegals in the country. Want to open the job market? I know of a way to open millions....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join