It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War with Mexico, they say we've lost

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I've spoken with many people along the southern border. They are furious with the situation with Mexico and have been demanding for a resolution. They say that their lands are being destroyed and their houses robbed.

I've spoken with people nationally and asked them what kind of hispanic population they have where they live. The average response was "a high population." There is a strong hatred for latinos by certain groups in the United States, while others accept them with open arms. There is also an obvious drug problem in Mexico that is spilling across our border. This next video is from Tijuana, just south of the California border. This was fought between the Mexican police and gang/drug dealers.

Some are calling for more border security and control. Others are calling for all out war. When asked if the U.S. could win a war against Mexico, I was told, "There ain't no way. There's so many of them over here that they would kill us all. If they were still in Mexico, then ya, we'd smoke 'em. But there's so many here, it's impossible."

You can see here in this article, with the word "occupied", how feelings are shifting.

illegalaliensmustgo.blogspot.com...

So tell me, what are your thoughts of the current situation, and the future.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
you guys need to learn history. Mexico surrendered. that means they lost - that means we own Mexico.
can you smell the coffee yet... ?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The only way to stop the Mexican Drug War is to go into total war and replace drugs with various positive programs for the people. You'll be surprised how many drugs come from Mexico and is so sold around the world. Terrible. But there must be a lot of drug addicts if they make that much money and chaos.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ISRAELdid911
you guys need to learn history. Mexico surrendered. that means they lost - that means we own Mexico.
can you smell the coffee yet... ?

have to say the same thing, Mexico lost the war more than a hundred years ago. You better go and get some tequila

peace

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FeraVerto

I hate to say it but the only real way is to legalize. Hit the gangs in their pocket book. People aren't going to stop using drugs so you might as well make it safe and stop the war all together. The extra money can go to drug treatment and the taxes collected could be very beneficial.

I think they may find that there is less appeal of the hard drugs when they aren't illegal. Violence and prison is not the way to make a better society. As for a "war" with Mexico... That's just ridiculous. Can the US really afford another front?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Annex Mexico Now...

It's the only real solution I can see.

Their corruption is out in the open.

We have mastered corruption through politics.

We must teach the "Drug Lords" you must be elected first,

Then you can rob and steal with impunity.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

There's so many of them over here that they would kill us all. If they were still in Mexico, then ya, we'd smoke 'em. But there's so many here, it's impossible."

This is one man's opinion. I have to say that there will be a totally different outcome. I do not know where you are from, but some people are just waiting for such action.... Not me though..

Crazy white boys with alot of guns, does alot of damage. I think you could throw in the crazy black community too...The african americans I know, say they dislike the hispanic's...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

There's so many of them over here that they would kill us all. If they were still in Mexico, then ya, we'd smoke 'em. But there's so many here, it's impossible."

Crazy white boys with alot of guns, does alot of damage. I think you could throw in the crazy black community too...The african americans I know, say they dislike the hispanic's...

Not everyone I spoke with was white. There were a few hispanics that were American citizens. They were just as raging as some of the whites.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by truthorlies

Well one thing is for sure. If we keep up this pace, it wll not be long before change is due. The tipping point has already been passed a long time ago.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

I wouldn't say waiting....but I'll just begin moving to Texas

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by FeraVerto

The only way to "win" the drug war is to legalize marijuana, mushrooms, hash, and let folks grow what they want. Nobody in their right mind is going to give gangsters money for something they can grow themselves. Do that and the gangsters will not have access to billions of dollars that Americans spend on such substances each year.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
legalize drugs?

you must be one of those people that thinks they make money off of marijuana. long story short...meth is their money maker.

if your willing to accept a world of meth users, you obviously have never been around a meth user.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

but then we can't lock people up for those things

our prison stock will go down!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

i can confidently assure you the cartels make zero on mushrooms.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

I figured Meth is more of a white trasher errr white supremest drug

them eses bringing in the cocina, and hella dirt weed, black tar.
edit on 19-4-2011 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
legalize drugs?

you must be one of those people that thinks they make money off of marijuana. long story short...meth is their money maker.

if your willing to accept a world of meth users, you obviously have never been around a meth user.

You did not read my post very well. I did not say legalize drugs. I said legalize marijuana, mushrooms, and hash. These are not drugs. These are herbs and plants and fungi given by God. Drugs are manufactured by pharmaceutical companies to make hundreds of billions of dollars for themselves and their shareholders. And you are mistaken if you believe that marijuana is not a money maker. I see hundreds of tons getting confiscated here in Arizona every year. You do not bring that much in unless there is real money involved.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

you didnt read my post very carefully. i said the cartels in question do not make any [significant] money on the substances you mentioned.

the reason they bring in their marijuana by the ton, is because due to the quality it takes nearly that much to get high. just because the amount is high does not mean its value is equally high.

the vast majority of your states marijuana has come from california for at least a decade.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

perhaps that explains whos buying it.

and im not saying they dont bring in the others, but there simply isnt as big a market for those as compared to meth.

the reason why is because the main ingredient [psuedo]ephedrine is easily obtained in mass quantities (from china) in mexico. it is then processed in "super labs".

that ingredient, and other lesser ingredients, are highly watched in the US.
edit on 19-4-2011 by RelentlessLurker because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-4-2011 by RelentlessLurker because: spellering

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
So what would happen if we did legalize drugs, and enforced the immigration laws? How is that going to end/

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by truthorlies

if the us government were to legalize drugs, it would probably be a mirror of the prohibition and subsequent legalization of alcohol.

typically, bureaucracy dictates that eventually the legitimate version will become obsolete due to things like tax's and other legalities, and eventually an alternate option will present itself. this cycle will continue until both the suppliers and demanders are satisfied.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join