It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona gov. vetoes presidential 'birther' bill

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonseeker

If you really view this as an issue of race you're a part of the problem for trying to strike up conflict with your antagonizing post. Just thought I'd point that out.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by arbitrarygeneraiist

you all know damn well race is the ONLY thing this birther nonsense is about. He's not a good president; just vote him out. easy. he'll get no love from electronic voting machines because the white power structure doesn't want him there. TPTB might want another term depending on how good he licks their boots. they decide.. screaming about his birth certificate no matter how many times proof has been shown of his natural-born status just shows that racists..just..can't get..over..a black man in the white house. I'm happy to antagonize racists anytime

edit on 19-4-2011 by dragonseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by HabaneroPepper

The only thing that raises my eyebrow, is the very fact that in the 60's, ( knowing hawaii became a state in 59 ) didnt have the racial option " African American " back then. Thats the only thing that concerns me. The option available for race determination in the 60's was " Negro ".

There is no indication of "African American" on the Obama COLB. The FATHER's race is listed as "African", this is a value that is not selected from a list of permissible values for this field. This field is a self reported value, in other words it is what the FATHER called himself. Similarly, the MOTHER's race is also self reported.

The "race determination" field to which you are referring is for the NEWBORN and the value list is from the US Department of Health not Hawai'i (although I believe that states are allowed to deviate from the USDoH standards).

The point is, if this is the only thing that raises your eyebrows, you can lower them again, because there is nothing about the newborn Obama's race on the COLB. Period. And it won't be on the mythical 'long form' either because there is no field for it on the old Hawai'ian long forms.

For your amusement, here is a reconstruction of what Obama's long form would look like if it does ever get released. This does not purport to be the real thing, it is a hypothetical; please read and understand the text accompanying the image.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by HabaneroPepper

What year was Obama born? That's right, 60's. Source provided nothing for your argument.

So you are admitting that the bill is specifically targeting Obama? That is an unconstitutional bill of attainder. Your snide remark buries your own argument.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonseeker

you all know damn well race is the ONLY thing this birther nonsense is about. He's not a good president; just vote him out. easy. he'll get no love from electronic voting machines because the white power structure doesn't want him there. TPTB might want another term depending on how good he licks their boots. they decide.. screaming about his birth certificate no matter how many times proof has been shown of his natural-born status just shows that racists..just..can't get..over..a black man in the white house. I'm happy to antagonize racists anytime

edit on 19-4-2011 by dragonseeker because: (no reason given)

If i hear birther one more time im gonna scream, I equate that term to stacking the deck the term thanks to media carries the negative conotation like being a holocaust denier. Secondly I and i believe others only started questioning when he used presidential order to seal his records,and his name doesn't sound American. I also believe its not his skin color but his name, if he was named john or eric there wouldn't have been as much fuss. Heck If he was a albino with that name id be suspicious. If it was a white presidential candidate with the name Nikoli or Franz, I'd be questioning his citizenship With the state the country was in when he first came into office the thing he felt so urgent and in a rush to do was to seal his records that raises flags with me.

It seems whenever the form we've been seen isnt enough to convince people in doubt racism is the last ditch effort to guilt us into shutting up. I suppose we cant disagree with his policies either unless we are racists, Heck if he decided to randomly shoot people himself and we spoke up we are racists.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonseeker

Yes, so it's a perfectly good idea to play into the hand that I'm assuming you're against by generically making it appear as if white people are against black people and vice versa, despite the apparent truth behind that. There wasn't anything of substance to your post other than your intention to heckle birthers. It's like that Nelson kid from the Simpsons who always laughs "haha" whenever someone gets injured.

Really though, your post makes you appear immature and racist yourself. That kind of behavior only agitates the problem and helps it to grow.

If you don't agree with what the birthers are trying to do, there is a better and more civil way to go about it. Because really what does antagonizing and name calling really do?

And for the record, Obama was mixed. His grandfather was a Caucasian veteran in WW2. I mean come on, a person can't get anymore white and patriotic than serving in WW2. And to add to my point even further Obama isn't really "black" as many Americans might interpret that term because there is usually an experience and particular lifestyle that spans American history that goes along with the concept of being black in America. None of Obama's family endured the experiences that many ancestors of the African-American community today experienced. Obama's father was a foreigner from Kenya who was grew up on the African continent. Obama's father wasn't even African-American, he was Luo.

So what's the true point of judging someone based on the color of his/her skin, and what's the point of putting so much emphasis on generic racial classifications anyway? It's stupid. I might not even consider this to be an issue about race more than it is an issue of Democrats versus Republicans. Both judging someone by the color of their skin and judging someone because of political affiliation are equally ridiculous.
edit on 19-4-2011 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I read this is as, Hey Obama, I got your back - don't worry.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blood Royal
I read this is as, Hey Obama, I got your back - don't worry.

As opposed to reading it as, Hey... it's okay to give a single government official the ability to dictate who can and cannot run for president. Which in more simple terms can be read as, Hey... nobody can ever run against Obama again. He'll be president for life.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
i like america.

in new zealand during world war 2, britain "left us, to look to our own defenses" thats code for, sorry guys, we are getting our butts kicked, best of luck with imperial japan.

all of britains colony's between us and them were either occupied, or under attack. there was just us and the aussies left.

you know who turned up? America. they stationed quarter of a million men here, god knows how many in aussie. as we all know, the yanks then proceeded to stomp the japs all the way back to their emperor. (thanks again guys)

in this country american civics make up a fair share of schooling, from black civil rights thru to bretton woods, munroe doctrine, civil/independence wars, the works.

we see what a fine young country you are (like us)

this birther stuff seems to be another in the long line of political smears, youve had many, you will have more, my contribution to the debate is this, its your people whom make you great, ultimately you are all foreigners, obama seems as american as any ive seen.

in these troubled times solidarity to yourselves is what is needed, a leader is the person whom you have chosen.dont get mired is pseudo racist debates that detract from the real issues, its the economy, stupid.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by UcDat

Because he's smarter than you.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
Another one bought and paid for.

How's that change workin' for ya.

Is there a reason why there is a paragraph worth of blank space following your sig line?

Did your pointless post not waste enough thread space by itself?

Waste of space? Waste of space!!!!

My god man, wake up!

Pointless in that all elected leaders are bought and paid for? Everyone is.

And I can't speak to my sig, looks fine in my tools.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
***double post***
edit on 19-4-2011 by Freenrgy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by plaguedone

Secondly I and i believe others only started questioning when he used presidential order to seal his records,

He did no such thing. The PO of which you speak seals PRESIDENTIAL records, not PERSONAL records and certainly not personal records from before his term as President. Every President since Nixon has done exactly the same thing. Bush's PO was much more far reaching than Obama's and Obama's is almost identical to Reagan's.

I suppose we cant disagree with his policies either unless we are racists,

If only you would disagree with his policies instead of grasping at the lies from racist scum then America would be a much better place. Please feel free to discuss his policies, and argue about them from pillar to post. That is what being American is all about.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I mean come on, a person can't get anymore white and patriotic than serving in WW2.

Signed

"the Navajo Code-Talkers"

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by aptness

Originally posted by tungus
Yes. You either show your birth certificate or you don't qualify.
How hard could that be?
Nice try, but that’s not what the Arizona bill would do.

The Arizona bill isn’t asking for a birth certificate, it’s asking for a specific format of birth certificate. When several states, including Arizona, have stopped issuing birth certificates in the format the Arizona bill requires, don’t you think that creates a problem?

Of course, that might be a problem for someone with dual citizenship so you might want to keep that locked.
Since automatic involuntary operation of foreign law — like acquiring another citizenship by virtue of birth — has no influence over US citizenship, no, there’s no problem.

edit on 19-4-2011 by aptness because: (no reason given)

No argument here. But why is he keeping his records secret? Birth certificate being only one of them, which everyone is hanging their hat on it. I would like to read his thesis from Harvard, forget the birth certificate, if you so don't care to see it.
edit on 19-4-2011 by tungus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
With all the birther controversy, surely, SURELY Obama would not even consider running for re-election unless he knew he had his BC and any other evidence that may be demanded. This means that he is just waiting for the best time to whip it out and make the birthers look like fools. This would be especially handy for him if one of his opponents was a birther (Trump? LOL)

Of course there is also the probable case of, no matter what info he provides, the "birther" movement will not die. If he provides his long form BC, they will just say he has had more than enough time to have one forged. If he releases a home video of his recognizable baby obama body coming out of his mothers vagina, and then the camera pans to the Hawain flag on the flagpole flying outside over the sign for the hospital, they will just say it is CGI.

Fact is, some people just hate Obama for whatever reason (racism, politcal, etc), and the birther conspiracy gives them a more legitimate reason that they can say in public rather than "I hate black people", or just simply "I hate Obama for personal reason X".

That being said, this post probably sounds like I am pro-Obama, which is not necessarily the case. I am pro-truth. Like I said, I can only imagine that he has his legit info in reserve, or he would not chance running again and be exposed. I do however, personally suspect something funky with his school records, as there should be no harm in releasing that info - it has been suggested that he may have (falsely) applied for student aid as a foreigner which would basically mean that he was playing both sides of his nationality for financial gain.

I hope we find out eventually. We may never know for sure, because there is no law that says he must show the info and it is to his advantage to not show it either way if he has something to hide, or just wants to make his opponents and enemies run in circles.
edit on 19-4-2011 by Blazer because: typo

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by aptness

Originally posted by tungus

I am more interested in his papers from Harvard than the birth certificate.
This is telling about your motivations, but your personal curiosity about what the President wrote when he attended school is neither a meritorious nor a relevant reason to disclose his vital records, being absolutely immaterial to his Article II eligibility.

Spoken like a true governmental authority!

I thought his administration would have been the most transparent, no?
My motivations for reading his thesis from Harvard?
How dare I wanting to know what he wrote!
What is this, the Soviet Union? Oh wait...it is.
Never mind.
edit on 19-4-2011 by tungus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

wow. I could rebut this, but you kinda self destructed yourself there.
*ahem..yes, I know my post was a little immature, couldn't help it
you birthers are bat# crazy. you're not to be taken seriously. you gets da raspberry because that's what your "arguments" deserve. I reserve serious responses for real issues..this is not one of them. If you really want to know what obama's deal is, check wayne madsen. Obama was probably CIA, which would account for the "something isn't quite right" thing that everyone is picking up on. But, he was still born in hawaii, and he is who he says he is.

You guys missed the story.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

Didn't Hollywood make a movie about that unit that starred Nicholas Cage? What a perfect actor that was chosen to represent the Navajo people.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonseeker

wow. I could rebut this, but you kinda self destructed yourself there.
*ahem..yes, I know my post was a little immature, couldn't help it
you birthers are bat# crazy. you're not to be taken seriously. you gets da raspberry because that's what your "arguments" deserve. I reserve serious responses for real issues..this is not one of them. If you really want to know what obama's deal is, check wayne madsen. Obama was probably CIA, which would account for the "something isn't quite right" thing that everyone is picking up on. But, he was still born in hawaii, and he is who he says he is.

You guys missed the story.

Please explain how my post self-destructed. And please, I'm asking for a rebuttal. Feel free to enlighten me.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join