It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens and the bible.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dude69

Forgive me my thoughts are a bit scrambled..I have enjoyed your thread and sorry I am not being coherent in trying to convey my ideas. Do I think these versus describe an alien landing? To be more direct yes, but check out the 12th Imam links, There are many parallels here but it's all still not clear. Not even to scholars, because all the end times pieces of the puzzle are not in place yet.

I would say stay with this and gather more information to make a comparison..my overall thoughts are these beings who are expected to return are not gods or aliens but space debris..meteors comets or planets..where do the aliens fit in? Of this I am not sure of..we have to wait and watch and see if we get disclosure. Aside from the release of the documents from the FBI vault, but that seems like "primer" for the general public. Yes most of these documents have been researched and released before through the freedom of Information act..but most people unless they follow Ufology are not aware of this. It's going to be interesting to see where this goes..Cheers coco

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by infojunkie2

No, it is not my belief. You got that quote from my thread that only describes dreams and predictions, which is an inactive thread at the moment. Don't go snooping around in my threads trying to find something to use against me. You won't find anything at all, so you're wasting your time.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
can the mods delete this thread?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Condemned0625

No, it is not my belief. You got that quote from my thread that only describes dreams and predictions, which is an inactive thread at the moment. Don't go snooping around in my threads trying to find something to use against me. You won't find anything at all, so you're wasting your time.

Man you are some kind of paranoid,I am not looking for anything to use against you ,and I was not snooping, only remembering what I had read a few days ago, where you used the sumerian teachings to back-up what you were talking about, now why would someone use a certain teaching for back up if they they did not believe in the said teaching. surely you can understand why it appears that you believe in the sumerian teaching.

p.s. you need to chill or you will have a heart attack before you reach thirty.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

First of all, I wasn't using it to "prove" anything. I was using it to show the striking similarity between it and the dreams my girlfriend has. Secondly, I was also comparing it to the holy babble because it seems to speak of the same great flood, but claims that it was caused by an extraterrestrial race and no gods were involved. I don't believe in it. Why? Because I wasn't around at their time and I have no idea what their context is meant to describe. All I have are speculations.

p.s. you need to chill or you will have a heart attack before you reach thirty.

You need to chill about me "needing to chill" or your intestines will burst out of your abdomen and your boiling blood will slowly cook your brain while you're still alive until you eventually die. Sounds about as plausible as me having a heart attack from nothing, right?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The bible was written by man. Case closed. I really hate religions.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
My first thread on this was a little different...I focused on the bottomless pit that is mentioned and opened by a " star " and reasoned that there are extrateresstial lifeforms living underground, " demons " that will come out of the earth on judgement day.
I checked out the Islam's version of the coming of christ...they don't really talk about it, except " Gog and Magog " and " Dabbe " are mentioned. But once again, the same thing...Gog and Magog are described as beings living underground, that will appear on Judgement day.
Same goes for " Dabbe "..." When the phrase is mentioned, a Dabbe will be brought forth from the earth. And he will talk to them, because the people didn't believe in our signs ". The Dabbe and Gog and Magog have weird discriptions though...the Dabbe is said to have " the head of an ochse, the eyes of a pig, the elephants of an ear, the horns of a goat, the neck of an ostrich, the breast of a lion, a brown color, the tale of a goat, the hooves of a camel. "

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Good thread, my thoughts are the bible is a collection of writings choosen by a collection of humans. This collection of humans were trying to pass of ideas and well, keep a religion alive. The common bible is not as old as the stories that have been rewritten into it.

So. either the stories that are contained are just made up stories, or they contain some fact. If they contain fact, then it really is a question of Aliens, or else God and Angels.

Personally, I like my God as the non-humanoid smokey being that created and maintains the forces of the universe. so the stories of the bible is about Aliens, and our struggle against them.

LOL, to the two who are trolling themselves to death, get a room! lol
edit on 20-4-2011 by Le Colonel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Anyway...religious Armaggedon/rapture is probably just a primitive description of an alien invasion/extermination of humanity and Hollywood is puttin it right in our faces as science-fiction movies.

The idea of a "Rapture" was actually a modern idea and to this day Bible researchers are still trying to pin point who started this line of thinking, at the link below is a list of possible persons responsible.

"Search the pages of Church history and literature, and you will not find one mention of the Lord coming before the Tribulation until after 1800. No one has ever cited any literature, writings, or quotes to the contrary!

The implications of this truth are serious. If the Pre-Tribulation doctrine were true, it would mean that it was hidden from the church for 19 centuries. Not one of the brilliant theologians or Bible teachers before the 1800's were able to find a Pretrib rapture and coming of the Lord on the pages of Holy Scripture" Ed F. Sanders

A. W. Tozer: “Here is a doctrine that was not known or taught until the beginning of this century and it is already causing splits in churches.”

Link: www.theologue.org...

So again we have man's hand here involved in skewing the scriptures of a "Rapture" story which bottom line is a urban legend and churches today still teach this interpretation as gospel when in fact according to many scholars is nonsense.

In the end we can replace ancient Bible personalities with ancient Aliens and just switch Avatars so to speak but it's still not provable that any of it happened. I might consider that the Hebrew alphabet was given by ancient aliens as well as the Laws, or the Torah..perhaps some of the prophecy as well. But I need more evidence to draw a conclusion.. for me it makes no difference if we want to call these beings gods or aliens, until I have some proof or evidence to support either side of the argument then it's really a mute point. But hypothetically over all I am actually more inclined to believe that our far distant ancestors were assisted by Aliens or off worlders then I am by a vengeful, egotistical and angry god. If you want you can take a look at my thread on what I actually think about "god" here: www.abovetopsecret.com... or not cheers coco

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Just an idea...

The bibble is full of crap?

The bibble means nothing in modern society?

The PEOPLE who created the bibble were hell bent on power in the bronze age?

The bibble is a bunch of nonesense based on knowledge AT THAT TIME - ie wrong.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

movies...truth is stranger than fiction after all...and the aliens ( angels ) in these verses are described exactly what the Predators look like in those movies...down to that lion roar...The alien race from which the Predators stem from, is described as a hunterspecies...they enjoy the thrill of hunting. So they let us evolve a little bit...let us develope our weapons...then it's game on for them. Those aliens in this new movie: battle of La are also described as " locusts
reply to post by dude69

Ahhh...I see now.
So the war against Obesity is TPTB way of making us faster and better prey?
Whats' been keeping them from hunting us in masse for the last thousand years? Cull the herd so to speak. Enforce better breeding for stronger prey. Maybe we're not in season yet. lol
Sorry...just trying to be funny.

If their looking for a war...tell us. A prepared opponet is a better opponet.
What if we accidently released some sort biological doomsday germ and it wiped out all the life on the planet?
The head Alien in charge would get one heck of a dressdown.

These verses were written by men who had no Idea, no concept, no reference or understanding of how the universe works.
All they could do was try to describe what they saw in the limitation of their known reality. Something other worldly would have terrified them! Like a fully armored marine of today stepping out of a tank in front of a caveman.

There could be a hint of truth in these verses...but we have to look at what they wrote through their eye's and apply our eye's in their place with what we know now.
You could say that a "GREY" has a bit of a insect quality with it's thin body,arms and legs and large insect looking eye's.

If these creatures or beings wanted this planet....they would have taken it along time ago.

I tend to think any species that have attained interstellar space flight and the dynamics required for them to achieve this, has had to put aside war and come together working through unity and peace. They would need infrastructure, Commerce, a society that would exchange information from one part of their world to the other. Laws against killing would have to be inforced to prevent the loss of knowledge that some individuals may possess. If they are truly War Like they probably would have destroyed one another before getting to space. Constant war would drain their resources to their eventual death.
All the resources we have on this planet can be found all over the universe. Why upset a planet and the beings on said planet when you could get it elsewhere without interference . Hydogen is one of the most common elements in the galaxy. If we were meant as food we would be more meaty. Being fat isn't meaty it's just fat covering the same amount of meat that's on everyone.

I have a hard time beliveing in an Insect Hive mind mentallity when drones would require a vast amount of knowledge to navigate the universe. And they would not have the do as your told slave mentality some would think. It would require a higher level of thinking to traverse the stars, and that would be detrimental to a hive mind mentality. Individual thought.

Even if Aliens landed tomorrow I wouldn't trust them completely. Trust is not given it's earned over time.

Sorry I don't belive in the 'Alien & Predator" theroy. These creatures would be more in your face and not the patiently planning for thousands of years type.
Not saying some sort of similar life form couldn't exisit somewhere, But I doubt they are capable of interstellar travel. Or ever will be.

I'm not full of myself...and I relize I could be completely wrong. I've been wrong many times before. These are just my train of thoughts.

Take Care Now!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dude69

Bingo. If you view humanity from the perspective of emanating from a "5th dimension of light," you're darn right they (might) wipe us out and make us start over.

In fact, if there is a 'spark' (extended mind) that survives physical death, one could CERTAINLY make the argument that each and every one of us would vote out humanity if our collective fail to see that we are part of a larger system of consciousness...and simultaneously Earth's life is in danger from our pollution and WMDs.

I have to ask myself: If I was an alien living in a 3d universe (4d w/time) and my physical body was only a vessel for an extended mind which originates in a 5D space... how much more time should we give mankind to figure out it's origins before they kill eachother and damage Earth behind any kind of "easy fix."

If these are "virtual bodies" then mankind certainly is the easiest thing to "replace" in this little cosmic experiment....

PS- string theory is evidence that we inhabit virtual bodies. Not to mention the fact that aliens already told abductees what the score is. We just prefer to label such folks crazy as we pamper ourselves with more individuality. If I was mankind, I would re-evaluate my position in the universe and begin to make the adjustments before others are forced to do it for us....

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Condemned0625
...The only logical explanation for any of the claims in that book is an extraterrestrial explanation. Alien spacecrafts ("chariots" in the sky), artificial impregnation ("virgin birth"), alien/human hybrids (jebus), etc. If none of the events were extraterrestrial, they never happened. It's either extraterrestrial in origin and misinterpreted by primitive people or it's a complete fabrication...

I think that sums up the dilemma nicely. It's a pretty simple either/or situation.

I made a short video about this subject - The UFO Presence in Biblical Times - here:

edit on 24-4-2011 by A51Watcher because: the usual

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Dude you didn't even quote the book of Ezekiel and the burning wheel which is super famous for it's alien and UFO interpretation... I mean the part I'm referring to sounds exactly like a UFO fell to Earth and aliens came out of it...

but, further more; I am pretty sure revelations is not describing an alien invasion.

Oh ef it I'll post, but you must understand that if you read the bible it is one giant story and to snip out little bits of it like this is not giving the whole story. And the bible is full of poetic peices, it uses metaphors and similies to describe a lot of things.

And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire.

Also out of the midst thereof came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance; they had the likeness of a man. And every one had four faces, and every one had four wings. And their feet were straight feet; and the sole of their feet was like the sole of a calf 's foot: and they sparkled like the colour of burnished brass.

And they had the hands of a man under their wings on their four sides; and they four had their faces and their wings.

Their wings were joined one to another; they turned not when they went; they went every one straight forward.

As for the likeness of their faces, they four had the face of a man, and the face of a lion, on the right side: and they four had the face of an ox on the left side; they four also had the face of an eagle.

Thus were their faces: and their wings were stretched upward; two wings of every one were joined one to
another, and two covered their bodies.

And they went every one straight forward: whither the spirit was to go, they went; and they turned not when they went.

As for the likeness of the living creatures, their appearance was like burning coals of fire, and like the appearance of lamps: it went up and down among the living creatures; and the fire was bright, and out of the fire went forth lightning.

And the living creatures ran and returned as the appearance of a flash of lightning.

Now as I beheld the living creatures, behold one wheel upon the earth by the living creatures, with his four faces.

The appearance of the wheels and their work was like unto the colour of a beryl: and they four had one likeness: and their appearance and their work was as it were a wheel in the middle of a wheel.

When they went, they went upon their four sides: and they turned not when they went.

As for their rings, they were so high that they were dreadful; and their rings were full of eyes round about them four.

And when the living creatures went, the wheels went by them: and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up.

Whithersoever the spirit was to go, they went, thither was their spirit to go; and the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels.

(Ezekiel 1.4-20.)

It's on the first page

It's pretty incredible huh?
edit on 24-4-2011 by Crapsghetti because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I do not think the bible is either infallible or complete bs... it's neither of the two. It doesn't actually say in the book that it's the infalible word of God, people just interpreted that. It can't be infallible because even if it was, it was written in Hebrew more than 2000 years ago and then translated into old English by human beings.

And it seems much more likely to me that its not complete nonsense either because it shares a lot of similarities with other religions that were written at around the same period in time and it's much more likely that these things are based on something real.

Even greek mythology has meaning, it's not just a random compilation of words. If you read the book it's clear that who ever wrote it was not an idiot.

Just curious, but how many people here who are bashing this book have even read it?

If you havn't even read it than how can you possibly even comment on it?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crapsghetti
I do not think the bible is either infallible or complete bs... it's neither of the two. It doesn't actually say in the book that it's the infalible word of God, people just interpreted that. It can't be infallible because even if it was, it was written in Hebrew more than 2000 years ago and then translated into old English by human beings.

And it seems much more likely to me that its not complete nonsense either because it shares a lot of similarities with other religions that were written at around the same period in time and it's much more likely that these things are based on something real.

Even greek mythology has meaning, it's not just a random compilation of words. If you read the book it's clear that who ever wrote it was not an idiot.

Just curious, but how many people here who are bashing this book have even read it?

If you havn't even read it than how can you possibly even comment on it?

I have revised my alien-theory on religious scripture and have come to another conclusion
...a more plausible, yet equally outlandish one, also based on a movie : P, which would overlap with what you're saying though. Some of religious scripture is fabricated, some is the truth. You know the movie " The Matrix " ? The movie sais that A.I machines, that took over at one point in our real history. But they needed us as fuel-sources so they plugged us into a simulated reality which they invented? Well...it goes on to say that the people of " Zion " ( pre-jerusalem ) were the only ones who survived the " war against the machines " and were used by the Architect, the one who invented the simulation we are plugged into, to act as a pressure valve on the programm in order to keep us subdued mentally until the programm is reset through " the one ". In the movie it's a character named Neo, in our history it's Jesus. The chosen one. SO...religions are a tool to implement pressure on the reality we live in, so we'll won't realize it's a simulation until it's " reset " . In which way this will take place is the question...
edit on 24-4-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Hi. I'm new here and can't start threads yet. Has anyone started a "church" for alien worship yet? I'm not talking about the churches as we know them today. I mean ones that actually realize they are worshipping aliens.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join