It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

your personal definition of; tshtf..........

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

Whenever our rulers cannot effectively extend their "protection" over us, and maintain their monopoly on the legitimate use of force, then the S has hit the F.

Hurricanes, earthquakes, fukushima syndrome, etc. can cause it. So can wars, financial panics, etc.

it can last for a few weeks, or for the Dark Ages.

this one made me think.
in my mind it's always some government created nightmare.
i was in mexico city during the big one and that was a bad scenario.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
AFter the Gulf oil spill and Japan lets just go ahead and just say it...SHTF!!! and call it a day. I wish I could say stop the madness and do something to fix it where we could all find some way to live in peace.. Now gas is 3.70 a gallon...to me I don't have to wait... SHTF

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
When food/water stops, or some kind of ridiculous situation arises that is going to ruin humanity for sure...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Oil is literally the blood of our society- everything from food, to energy, to beer, to video games and the internet is reliant on oil.

Once oil hits a certain price (I'm not sure what price will be the tipping point), then the economy will literally go into free-fall. Seeing as the economy is still only in the early stages of recovery after the recession (although it is arguable it is not in recovery at all), expensive gas could be the nail in the coffin that the last recession built.

So, I'll say $6-$8 a gallon gas would be the equivalent of TSHTF.

Of course, their is always nuclear war- all it takes is one psychopath...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The economy crashing and the getto's going crazy ...cops overwhelmed and national guard called in and martial law inplemented...then it calming down, but we lose all our freedoms still!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join