It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Beta Spike Before Sendai Earthquake

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I'm not really sure what this is worth but here it is.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ea65749dc450.png[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2152b6955931.png[/atsimg]
edit on 19-4-2011 by KnowledgeIsPowre because: better images?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I'm not sure why it cut off the last two columns but doesnt provide a scroll bar. Both images look fine in my photo album. Can I upload the spreadsheet? edit: columns all showing now

This was a bit subjective in how I was determining what to record but it should be clear enough to give people an idea of where they want to look. I didn't include any data from the deployable monitors.

I can't quite tell if there is a difference between data like IL, Auroras where it looks like nothing is recorded and VA, Richmond where it looks like it is 0 across. No need to be concerned about readings of 0, but it is concerning if a site not doing any readings at all.

The amount of beta spikes are all over the map. I can't discern any sort of pattern. If they're only taking measurements in these ~125 places, and readings can widely differ between sites in close proximity it seems possible that these beta spikes could be happening all over but aren't being monitored.
edit on 19-4-2011 by KnowledgeIsPowre because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by KnowledgeIsPowre

Try just copying the http: and address part from your photo album and not the tags provided. Then use the image link button above your post or (edit post) area. I don't know why, but copy and pasting the tags from your photo album does not give you the pic scroll bar like the image button will.

Did you spreadsheet all this information? Great job!
edit on 19-4-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Hmm, ok thanks for the advice I'll do that next time. I didn't realize there was a difference

I also had another column (that got cut off) if the gamma readings looked interesting. There was also a decent amount of missing data for these readings and I couldn't tell you what they mean. The places with interesting readings were
IN, Fort Wayne
ME, Portland
MS, Jackson
NV, Reno
OK, Tulsa

Also these 3 sites recorded n/a because the image/graph was broken on the EPA site and didn't display anything for me, even after refreshing a few times.
UT, Salt Lake
WA, Spokane
WI, Madison

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Could this be HARRP related? I know there's a lot of speculation on what HARRP is capable or not capable of, but after reading several government released documents on HARRP, I feel like this could be the culprit.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnowledgeIsPowre
I'm not sure why it cut off the last two columns but doesnt provide a scroll bar. Both images look fine in my photo album.

Because the size limit for images in the forum is 640 wide. If you right click on the image it gives you the full size.

You can use the ats tags to resize

or upload it to a recognized (by ATS) image site then use the tags and get the slider bar
edit on 19-4-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by bookmandh2
Could this be HARRP related?

No HAARP does not give Beta (or gamma) spikes. Stop picking on HARRP. One day you will all be very thankful for what HAARP can really do in a pinch

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by KnowledgeIsPowre

The pattern is there. We're just missing some key components to tie it to.

How deep down is this release of beta coming from? That'd help.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I have spent quite some time looking for any way those levels of Beta Radiation could be caused by nature. We all know radiation occurs naturally in the earth and some rocks and such contain higher levels.However so far, unless there's a large concentration of Uranium nearby, a coal plant, leaking nuclear plant, presence of a very high electromagnetic field, massive Radon gas, or some other man made element, it kinda has me bewildered.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance

Originally posted by chr0naut

I suspect what USGS are measuring Beta for is for an almost instantaneous estimation of the amount of out-gassing of Radon from the ground.
]

Rn222 is an Alpha emitter, lower mass isotopes or Radon decay by electron capture.

find another volatile radioactive isotope - like Xe 133 or 135. any such suspicion should of course be corroborated either by radioactive signature (energy level of gamma and beta), chemical or other means.

You are absolutely right.

Radon is also part of a chain of radionucleotides and some of its precursors are beta emitters, as are some of its breakdown products.

I'll try & find out the configuration of equipment that USGS are using that may point to exactly what the measurement means (e.g: perhaps the monitors are generally referred to as beta monitors but are actually measuring alpha, beta & gamma).
edit on 19/4/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I'd say the place to start looking is florida, all the sites had spikes.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Lost, quick answer to your concerns: maybe...

Keep checking it out with us.

Also research patents assigned to MOD, DOD as a historical subject. Leo Szillard patented the atomic bomb WAY before World War II, and the British Admiralty took the patent on under the official secrets act and it "disappeared" until 1940's. So any "effective" weapon will be Above Top Secret. But below top secret ones may offer clues.

I myself am a patent holder-- and you guessed it, its not public. Its also not beta particle beams.

But obviously, here someone faked data or someone- maybe Ma Nature- painted us with black.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justoneman
... the black line means nothing it goes from the bottom to the top and should be an artifact of the machination.

It is a marker for the time of the Sendai Earthquake... inserted by EPA...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
EPA Pulls San Diego Monitor Offline After 200 CPM Spike In Beta Radiation?
http://(nolink)/2011/04/10/epa-pulls-san-diego-monitor-offline-200-cpm-spike-beta-radiation-16077/

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

You are absolutely right.

Radon is also part of a chain of radionucleotides and some of its precursors are beta emitters, as are some of its breakdown products.

if you look at the half lives in the decay chain you'll understand that this would imply a lot of alpha activity until Pb210 (t1/2 = 22a).

aren't there any alpha charts available??

PS: the spikes are probably too acute, t1/2 of Rn222 is almost 4 days...with wind maybe.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
While reading on the predicted atmospheric effects of gamma ray bursts, I found something interesting:

Large populations of energetic electrons (beta particles) can form by avalanche growth driven by electric fields, a phenomenon called relativistic runaway electron avalanche (RREA) (Gurevich et al. 1992, Dwyer 2003).

So there is yet another way to bring beta-particle cascades to Earth from space. And EM energy into the crust, mantle and core.

It has been suggested that TGFs must also launch beams of highly relativistic electrons and positrons which escape the atmosphere, propagate along Earth's magnetic field and precipitate on the opposite hemisphere (Dwyer et al. 2008, Briggs et al. 2011).

In other words, if a galactic gamma ray burst of sufficient power scanned the atmosphere, a short-term spike in beta activity is exactly what we would observe on the surface.

These observations would hold for natural processes or technically-generated particle beams: NASA Fermi.

We would also notice formation of an ozone hole at the site of the beam, with elevated UV indexes in those areas...

The Earth, and all living things on it, are constantly bombarded by radiation from outside our solar system. This cosmic radiation consists of positively-charged ions from protons to iron nuclei. The energy of this radiation can far exceed that which humans can create even in the largest particle accelerators (see ultra-high-energy cosmic ray). This radiation interacts in the atmosphere to create secondary radiation that rains down, including x-rays, muons, protons, alpha particles, pions, electrons, and neutrons.

Which brings us back to radon and the stuff in the rocks:

Most materials on Earth contain some radioactive atoms, even if in small quantities. Most of the dose received from these sources is from gamma-ray emitters in building materials, or rocks and soil when outside. The major radionuclides of concern for terrestrial radiation are isotopes of potassium, uranium, and thorium. Each of these sources has been decreasing in activity since the birth of the Earth so that our present dose from potassium-40 is about ½ what it would have been at the dawn of life on Earth.

I do not think the spikes were caused by a nuclear weapon or meltdown, because of their transitory nature. I think they were gaseous, or cosmic, or the data is cooked (fake).

EPA should be forthcoming with an explanation- but would it be the truth? Time will tell.
edit on 20-4-2011 by Chakotay because: Inside, outside, where and what...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
And yet another clue emerges, from Stanford University:

It's a mystery that presented itself unexpectedly: The radioactive decay of some elements sitting quietly in laboratories on Earth seemed to be influenced by activities inside the sun, 93 million miles away.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Justoneman

I look at data like this for another parameter and the black line means nothing it goes from the bottom to the top and should be an artifact of the machination.

The black line is the Japan earthquake..
That's all.

No the black line should not be. That line would be BLUE like the rest of them because they dont get a trace that goes from way below baseline for the instrument to way above it. It would show a blue peak like the other graphs and it would show a flat line at the top it it went so high it was off scale. The instruments don't record below detectable essentially. I do agree there are some serious spikes in the data. None of which looked like data quality points that are used to certify the monitor as accurate. So, there was something earlier like one of us noticed and there are a series of these that we need more data to understand. You ARE onto SOMETHING. What it is I can safely say we,the you and I we, don't know yet?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Justoneman

I believe he is saying the black line is a calendar mark on the graph for informational purposes. It is not a spike or there for any other purpose other than to mark the date of the EQ/Tsunami/Fukushima disaster that made millions of people start looking at EPA's data. Or at least, that's how I have interpreted it. It's a save this date mark imposed over all data.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Got this message from a buddy:

I have a question regarding the Beta spikes in your thread..this is I am sure not the culprit but thought I would toss it out.... Several years ago there was a spike in radiation levels in utah...turns out it was from a wild fire that was bringing radiactive nuke testing fallout back into the air... toward the end of feb...(i know it was burning around the 27th on) several MAJOR wild fires were burning in texas and new mexico...major smoke plumes....I know nuke testing has been done in new mexico....could it be possible that the spikes are from particles being re released into the jet stream from the wild fires like back in utah ?

Wildfires where? Something happened, and we still are hearing "no comment" from EPA-
other than this little bullet:

Electrical interference can cause spikes, shown on graphs as one point significantly higher than the rest of the data.

If anyone spots an official EPA statement regarding the nontrivial pre-event spikes, please link us.

edit on 21-4-2011 by Chakotay because: CLASSIFIED

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join