It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Beta Spike Before Sendai Earthquake

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by Chakotay

Hey can you link your source?

Go to EPA here and click on the station markers, they'll get you to the graphs.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Gosh - I find myself curious to know if when they test for Beta radiation if they ever test to see if it is negative or positive?

Well, where is the beta radiation coming from? If it is being effected by a magnetic source then alpha radiation should split off and head in the opposite direction.

If you suspect it is coming from our inner Earth dynamo, then is there another source of somewhere else on the planet showing spikes in Alpha radiation? And if not, is the beta radiation coming in from outside the atmosphere?

All these readings are still fairly condensed into one area. So you have any other reading for Beta or Alpha from other places on the same dates? That would be interesting.

Could also rule out an industrial source(s).

www.universetoday.com...

beta (β+) particles from the decay of potassium-40 is one source of internal heat for the Earth – giving us plate tectonics, its magnetic field, etc – … the decay of carbon-14 and beryllium-10 (both of which produce beta (β-) particles) provide us with tools to do radioactive (or radiometric) dating (these are two of the nuclides produced by cosmic ray spallation).

edit on 2011/4/18 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Columbus, Ohio

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
earthquake.usgs.gov...

I'd like to see readings outside of the US, China, Australia. Anyone know if anyone is taking readings of alpha radiation?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I'm going to sleep now, ATS friends... see you all tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to what everyone finds.

edit on 19-4-2011 by Chakotay because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
earthquake.usgs.gov...

I'd like to see readings outside of the US, China, Australia. Anyone know if anyone is taking readings of alpha radiation?

Alpha radiation does not have any sort of penetrative power and so readings would fluctuate wildly. A high reading in one location could be matched with a low reading feet away, so it doesn't tell us much except that an Alpha source is close by.

Similarly, Beta radiation is not that penetrative, but is more so than Alpha. As such, an extraterrestrial source is out of the question. It'd never get through the atmosphere.

Gamma, of course is highly penetrative and powerful and so it can get through the atmosphere.

I suspect what USGS are measuring Beta for is for an almost instantaneous estimation of the amount of out-gassing of Radon from the ground.

There has been some siginficant correlation of Radon readings as a precursor to earthquake (see the link in my first post in this thread).
edit on 19/4/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

i dont know if this could be related to your thread but i was always suspicious about the 1952 kamchatka eartquake(a 9.0 magnitude one)..it happened on the 4 th of august ,remember that the 1st august 1952 americans tested the first thermonuclear bomb on the marshall islands!..is that just another coincidence?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I find this really interesting too, there has to be a cause of these 'irregular' readings........... unless the equipment needs re-calibrating....

I started to think that maybe, as an old scientific law states - for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.......... maybe the release of the B-radiation was in the opposite direction to the movement of the plates on the other side of the world or something...........

However found this global tunnel tool and dis-proved my dubious theory myself !!

www.freemaptools.com...

Regards

PDUK

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Hey everyone.

Could this have anything to do with the spike?

www.freepatentsonline.com...

U.S. Patent 5038664: Method For Producing A Shell Of Relativistic Particles At An Altitude Above The Earth's Surface ~ Issued: Aug. 13, 1991 Filed: Jan. 10, 1985

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

I suspect what USGS are measuring Beta for is for an almost instantaneous estimation of the amount of out-gassing of Radon from the ground.
]

Rn222 is an Alpha emitter, lower mass isotopes or Radon decay by electron capture.

find another volatile radioactive isotope - like Xe 133 or 135. any such suspicion should of course be corroborated either by radioactive signature (energy level of gamma and beta), chemical or other means.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
Hey everyone.

Could this have anything to do with the spike?

www.freepatentsonline.com...

U.S. Patent 5038664: Method For Producing A Shell Of Relativistic Particles At An Altitude Above The Earth's Surface ~ Issued: Aug. 13, 1991 Filed: Jan. 10, 1985

Ah, yes. The plasma mirror. I think that was used in directing HAARP energy...

As for the beta spikes... I'm going to watch this thread!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Just read this thread about UV levels in Mexico.............

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I know dates probably don't match etc etc ..... BUT is there a hole (?) or leak in the Ozone layer allowing more radiation to the surface........ spreading up in to the USA from Mexico????

I am no scientist, so this is pure speculation....

Regards

PDUK

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Miami had a beta spike on Feb. 26.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

I am interested to know if there is a connection between the patient I posted and the spikes.

I need an expert opinion!

ALS

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
reply to post by Amaterasu

I am interested to know if there is a connection between the patient I posted and the spikes.

I need an expert opinion!

ALS

Ah. Well, I doubt it. It seems more like something that would allow energy to reflect back to the planet. It conceivably could have been used to bounce the beta energy - but the source would not be this.

But I'm not an expert. Perhaps I missed something in the patent.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I look at data like this for another parameter and the black line means nothing it goes from the bottom to the top and should be an artifact of the machination. The tall blue lines we see are the real trace and there are some great big spikes for sure on some of these graphs. What these mean, since Beta is not very harmful to us like a gamma burst would be, is this is still a mystery but I like the georeactor core theory with escaping Beta particles Chakotey.
edit on 19-4-2011 by Justoneman because: cause

edit on 19-4-2011 by Justoneman because: cause I needed to do it

edit on 19-4-2011 by Justoneman because: *@%# it

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Ok, so what are all the known beta emitters (natural and manmade processes) out there ?

Can anyone list them off ?
I haven't got a clue other than the well known ones like strontium, cesium, cobalt, phospherus, etc.

Process of elimination is easier from a listed point format... and then you go down the list ruling them out and crossing them off, type of thing.

On the lighter side, my first thought was: Maybe the earth just lets out a big fart before it rolls over and takes all the blankets ?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Justoneman

I look at data like this for another parameter and the black line means nothing it goes from the bottom to the top and should be an artifact of the machination.

The black line is the Japan earthquake..
That's all.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
We need older data and I don't see how you can get this from the EPA site. Need to find out the last time these sites had beta spikes like this. Need to see if there is a definable movement pattern or if it is random. I have time to start looking at this data, but how do I find old beta information for these stations?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I realize that Beta shouldn't come in from outside the atmosphere.

Which is why it would be highly interesting if it had intermittently.

If there was also alpha radiation signatures picked up, when there shouldn't be, it would suggest that indeed the radiation is from outside the planet's atmosphere, and as it approaches our big magnet core, the two types of radiation split and head in different directions before being measured.

If beta radiation is coming out of the ground, is it coming up everywhere? If not, why not? Beta isn't penetrative - but what if you have complete saturation of the penetrative material? Could radiation forming in the mantle push up in such massive amounts that it overcomes the "non-penetrating" nature of the crust by flooding it?

Why did the spikes happen in the US, and not in Japan? Or did they, but they have so many earthquakes and there is no difference between a little shake and a "move-the-Island-8 feet" shake?

Do smaller spikes correlate to smaller earthquakes? Does larger spikes found over a large area over more time correlate to a larger Earthquake?

edit on 2011/4/19 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join