It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Beta Spike Before Sendai Earthquake

page: 1.
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
From US EPA Website:

What caused the insanely high beta count spikes February 28th to March 2nd? Sendai earthquake did not happen until March 11th. Is this the trigger event that caused the earthquake?

Anyone missing a nuke submarine? Orbital battle platform? Can a CME do that, or a Gamma Ray Burst?

Any and all speculation welcome. This is the elephant in the room at EPA.

edit on 18-4-2011 by Chakotay because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Particle Beam Weapon activation?

No idea... and why is beta important?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Chakotay

Eleven days prior. Perhaps it was an earthquake precursor and caused by the release of extra Radon gas?

Although why there would be a spike occurring in San Francisco if it were related to the Sendai quake just baffles me, unless, of course it is actually totally unrelated.
edit on 18/4/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Beta is important Zorgon, because:

At one time, strontium-90 was the major man-made beta emitter in the environment. Fallout from atmospheric nuclear testing from the 1950's to the early 1970's spread strontium-90 worldwide. However, most of the strontium-90 from these tests has now decayed away. Testing also released large amounts of cesium-137 into the environment. Although, cesium-137 emits beta radiation, its gamma radiation is of greater concern. Some cesium-137 from fallout remains in the environment, but most of it has decayed as well.

It's an indicator of atmospheric testing, dirty bomb, industrial accident or reactor core breach.

Or of antimatter:

beta radiation is the emission of a high-energy electron or positron

Something huge happened. I think the world has a right to know.

Chronaut may be close to the truth: GEOREACTOR...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Thanks Chacotay, I had always assumed a certain level of nuclear process in the planet core (sorry, just got a mental image of a Gungan while writing that
) and so I hadn't really given much thought to the actual mechanism but it makes sense from a physics perspective that deep core nuclear processes are both massive and likely to affect things at the crust, even if only from a convection point of view.

Heavier elements would sink towards the core and therefore Uranium, Plutonium and a whole lot of other Actinides would congregate there.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Interesting....Very.

Here are the levels with this chart to help break it down. I don't see a break down by day though. And it sure took them awhile to post this information - especially given that there is an international emergency going on.

State CA
Location San Francisco
Date Posted 03/30/2011
Date Collected 03/18/2011
Sample Type Air Filter
Unit pCi/m3
Ba-140
Co-60
Cs-134 - 0.000921
Cs-136
Cs-137 - 0.0013
I-131 - 0.068
I-132 - 0.0066
I-133 - 0.002
Te-129
Te-129m
Te-132 - 0.0075

Tags (key words on this data) are:

government, data, radiation, japan, radnet, epa, milk, precipitation, drinking, water, rain, snow, sleet, air, filter, cartridge

So, Japan is a part of this, but that date does not match up. Really good find and yes, a mystery.

Definition of Beta (needed this myself to help understand what is included):

The beta gross count rate measures the radiation from all radionuclides that emit beta particles, which is indicated by the term gross or total. The term count rate tells us how quickly beta particles are being detected, which indicates how much radioactivity the monitor is seeing.

Looking forward to what you find out in this inquiry. Thanks!

Source
edit on 18-4-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
It wasn't just San Francisco:

Got this so far:

Note that the spike was several days after the SF spike... wind drift? Orbital fallout?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Hmmm well I was always under the impression that the core was molten due to radioactive decay...at least that is what they taught in science back then

I guess that would make it corium huh?

Maybe it's about to go critical and have full meltdown

edit on 18-4-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Very odd... dates don't match the CA spike but last longer

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Looks like it got further than that...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NoAngel2u

I can't research more tonight, have to shop... researchers can hit points on this map to get more data points.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

That spike in Texas was prior to the spike in California. Two days at least earlier. That means it tracked from the South and then spread north then west...based on these few hits. Great find.

Suddenly the U.S. silence on radiation problems and the mantra of "no worries" is making more sense. We already had a BIG problem in the U.S. apparently, prior to Fukushima in Japan, that needed worry.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Yep, very curious indeed. It not only shows a spike about the same time as the spike in SF, but also a spike before that on about Feb 25th.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves

That means it tracked from the South and then spread north then west...based on these few hits. Great find.

Tracked.

Like Zorgon said- an orbital particle beam weapon? Orbital fallout? Or a galactic gamma ray burst?

Human? Alien? Nature? Or fake data?

This is fascinating...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

So WHY did San Antonio stop tracking ANYTHING on this graph the day Fukushima went full tilt when supposedly the U.S. was on alert with all available monitors tracking radiation spreading across the Pacific towards North America and Canada? Nothing. They list nothing. Nada. Anyone feel safer and protected by your EPA radiation monitoring stations now?
I hope that's an error in the chart and San Antonio didn't just stop recording radiation levels during a major international nuclear crisis.

Now - back to the mystery spike(s) BEFORE the earthquake in Japan. Where else did it come from and where did it go. Time to track...

Chakotay: Wouldn't a gamma ray burst be hitting places like Texas, California and Nevada kind of beginning all at once? That is not the case here with these spikes. They track and travel over days.

Being the level these spikes are - what would be the risk to human health with that significant of a spike? I can't imagine it is "negligible."

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves
Being the level these spikes are - what would be the risk to human health with that significant of a spike? I can't imagine it is "negligible."

850 beta counts per minute is 2.428 mRem per hour just from beta, there was probably more to this than beta... but concentrating on what is known, that would take a person to the 100 mrem yearly legal limit in 41 hours.

Not an insignificant dose.

People indoors or in cars were not irradiated as much as those outdoors:

most beta particles can be stopped by a few millimeters of aluminum

Now we need to know, were there similar spikes in gamma and alpha?

This is some kind of giant cosmic clue coming to light.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
According to those charts...

San Francisco Mar 01/02
Las Vegas Mar 09/10
San Antonio Fe 24t and Mar 02

So they are all different spikes

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

What - people find the idea odd and corrupt, that testing for biological contaminants would stop just when they are needed the most?

No way! We only need testing when we know things are okay.

Also, if an emergency makes all the old maximums now normal, just change the maximums. No problem. Your cells look up data from government sources to see if they are allowed to become cancerous first.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Hey can you link your source?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Well Fresno, California is just all kinds of messed up. If these are accurate -- these folks were dosed with some serious radiation well before the Japan disaster. The Fresno site stopped recording and/or monitoring and/or sharing data apparently too...just when we needed it. What kinds of records are all these folks keeping? Wonder how much government funding goes into running these sites for EPA - and this is what we get?

Link to EPA Radnet map

Forget chemtrails...you can't even see radiation coming at you...duck and cover, stop drop and roll isn't going to help. What is up with this data? Great find Chakotay. Now we have to follow another nuclear emergency thread.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join