It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I may have captured a ghost on video.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
This also come to mind after my previous comment:

Why not show the ENTIRE video clip to explain why you were filming yourself in the first place. This will also help void any claims of you smoking or activities which caused the smokey appearance in the first place. I don't believe in watching clips that are only about 30 seconds in length...I want to see the full video, as experience tells me people can always edit the videos before and after filming them.

edit on 19-4-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Skywatcher, you're clearly not reading this thread very carefully. I believe FOUR times I have mentioned that I will be putting up the regular speed version with sound. Be patient young grasshopper.

I won't be putting the FULL video... its like 40 mins long... i will put up a sufficient amount to show that Im not smoking though.
edit on 19-4-2011 by Jack Squat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Jack Squat

I was hoping the fine debunkers around here

That is me. I am a fine, very fine debunker.

could give a reasonable explanation.

Here is your reasonable explanation: It is a ghost.

But I'm not necessarily seeing what others are. I see an arm appearing to come from the wall, entering the room, then quickly following that I see a leg, moving, exiting the room. I really can't make out any clothing, other than perhaps a pant leg.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

No ..it isn't smook.

The image that I'm showing you, all I did was changed it to Serpia, Contrast, Brightness and Saturation .. nothing more.

This one using less color manipulation...kess Saturation

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Yeah, you're seeing the same thing I am then. The "arm" looks outstretched in front of the "body" sorta like a football player attempting to catch the ball, then in the bottom right as it exits, the "leg" looks like a bent knee.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
OP look at the head... the eye and the long skull...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
to the people saying its possibly vapour from the THC , that stuff dissipates within moments so thats not it.

as for reflections, my only thought was when he moved his hand across his face

also not to call the guy out but its possibile to add a translucent image behind and have the two overlapping giving the illusion of a ghost
edit on 19-4-2011 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Just a quick comment for the people who think that it is smoke. It comes thu the wall. Smoke does not go thu walls.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
As much as I would love for this to be some sort of paranormal occurrence, I'm pretty sure it IS some sort of dust or vapor... when I examined the video closely, I was able to see some of whatever it was in FRONT of my left sleeve, meaning it was between me and the camera and not behind me as it appears. I still intend on attempting to recreate this effect to be certain.

I'm sorry to spoil the fun, I really was enjoying the mystery, but I think this one has been explained. Shall I still post the regular speed vid that includes audio or is it even worth it now?
edit on 19-4-2011 by Jack Squat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

You're wrong ...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Lastone

How can you be sure?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Yes you should still post the video my older grasshopper. I want to be able to continue to debunk the ghost

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
My first thought was that the person in the video was at a basin washing his beard and it was just the steam rising from the basin, then after watching it too many times I suspect it was actually a cup of coffee.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Ahem. It's not nice to tease mother nature. Or your ATS associates.

edit on 4/19/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

This wasn't purposeful, I couldn't figure out what I was seeing. Total fluke.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

So with a closer inspection here is how I think it happened.

Pause the video at 2 seconds.

This is where the very first "mist" seems to be coming out of your ear.

When I hold my hand in the same position and blow I feel warm air on my ear. After getting over the initial shock of being a little turned on from blowing in my own ear I quickly realized that any warm moist air could easily cause this effect. Especially since the house was 70 degrees (cooler than the air escaping your mouth) it could cause a fast vapor you wouldn't normally notice but can be captured by the cam.

So essentially we have a stream of warm moist air blown into your hand, deflecting off your ear and out into the room. The reason everyone was thinking smoke is because as any smoker knows the shape moved just like smoke does in the normal currents of a room.

This warm moist air caused a vapor that was so fast and light the human eye didn't pick it up, but the CCD on the cam does "see" different white balance wavelengths than your eyes (not by much though).

That and it does (ever so slightly) go in front of the sleeve, at least I think it does, it is hard to tell with the crummy cam resolution.

Thanks for posting though, it was fun to watch!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

It's all good Jack. Im glad you found out what it was. Did i win the car???

Bud316

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

it comes from behind the hand, it is the same level when it first appears, then it moves in a very simular fashion to smoke/some other type of inhaled substance.

why shield the mouth?

if it is really a ghost, then the o.p. needs to do more to prove it, i am sure i read they will post a more complete version, without it then the 10 second clip will just be what it is.

a guy shielding their mouth just before the 'smokey' figure appears and then uncovering their mouth once the cancer causing apparition vanishes.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

Reading comprehension is an awesome skill.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord
reply to post by lifeform11

Reading comprehension is an awesome skill.

I too love pizza!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join