It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I may have captured a ghost on video.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Im not really worried. Even if Im wrong about there being a logical explanation and it really is a ghost... I dont think im too bothered by the idea... what can a ghost do?

As for the beard/vape theory... I just watched again and you very well could be right. But can vapor really just sit there in my beard for an HOUR and still come out visably? Im gonna test this theory.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
sorry for being skeptical, i am judging this how i see it. the video is only 10 seconds long, the person is sat down with their mouth closed and slowly moves their hand over their mouth, when the hand is covering their mouth we see a wisp of something moving to the right, once this passes the person slowly moves their hand away from their mouth.

i am off to experiment with a cigerette.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Jack , i mean the vape is on your sweater/shirt.. its like laying there in the sweater and when you breathed with your hand over your mouth it pushed the vape off of the sweater.. how long did you vape for? a few rounds? cause thats what it looked like, just left over vapors.. Like Biz Markie said back in the day , " You got the Vapors! "

Bud316

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Jack Squat

Well, you may well have caught a ghost/apparition then. Thanks for the responses, sometimes those aren't given in good enough detail, and it can make the data analysis painful! You may or may not be on to something, but thanks for the video, and good job on having a good eye.

No matter what is presented in this field of investigation, there are always those who refuse to just accept that there are things in this world that cannot be explained.

With that said, please upload the real time video asap, it may increase the chances of this being solved. Or it may not.

edit on 19-4-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tephra
First playthrough it became obvious that you coughed or expelled something behind your hand.

My thoughts EXACTLY....nice try OP, but this video does not seem like a true paranormal activity

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I could be wrong, but I'm not buying the whole leftover vapor. I don't have a logical reason for what happened in the video, who knows.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jack Squat
Im gonna test this theory.

and test, and retest, ..........

Just kidding. If it's a ghost, it's not bothering you so that is a good thing I guess. I don't believe in them either. But your video is interesting. thanks for posting it.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Kinda looks like smoke to me, in fact, just as the person moves their hand over their mouth the smoke appears moving away from the person to the left, catching the light as such to show up. Was the person in the video smoking? Is it possible to get a full clip with more before this to verify the guy in shot isn't merely holding smoke in and releasing behind his hand?

not calling it a hoax, just helps to rule that stuff out.

It does appear to be moving down the hallway but again, with the correct lighting, that could just be smoke.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Do you or anyone in your house smoke by any chance?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jack Squat
The camera it was recorded with was the built in webcam on an iMac. The video was taken with "photo booth" and "iMovie" or whatever the video editing program it comes with is called. Sorry I havent uploaded the original unslowed one yet, still waiting for the other computer.

Thanks for sharing, it is a very interesting video.

Two things just for clarity. One, you are using the built in camera on an imac, why does the background move like the camera has been moved. Did you maybe bump the desk causing the computer to move, thus causing the background movement? Also, Photo Booth records video mirrored. (with photo captures this can be changed, but unfortunately not with video) So if it was recorded using photo booth, then the hand rubbing your beard is actually your left hand. So the 'vapor' would be to your right.

I'll admit I love all things paranormal, and I would love for this to be a real ghostly capture, but I think it could be some sort of artifact from the camera movement.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Haha you look riddick high man

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Someone on the video posted that it was your friends weed smoke coming from the other room

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Clearly that is the ghost of a vacuum cleaner, faithfully sucking on those floors as it once had many years ago. The handle and motor housing are clearly visible, and you can almost make out the bag.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by megatracker
reply to post by Rising Against

Haha you look riddick high man

That isn't me yer know.

It's the OP. I just fixed the video for him.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
Interesting. I have to ask, was your hand over your mouth (just before it appears) because you were coughing or yawning?

Exactly especially if someone smokes that can actually be left over in the lungs hours after they last smoked? So the question is now do you smoke?

I really think its steam or smoke to be honest, and the way your moving your mouth is a bit odd, and what is the whole verse thing? Can you also share the whole video in RT as well?! ALL these questions ahaha
Sarah

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

Kinda looks like smoke to me, in fact, just as the person moves their hand over their mouth the smoke appears moving away from the person to the left, catching the light as such to show up. Was the person in the video smoking? Is it possible to get a full clip with more before this to verify the guy in shot isn't merely holding smoke in and releasing behind his hand?

not calling it a hoax, just helps to rule that stuff out.

It does appear to be moving down the hallway but again, with the correct lighting, that could just be smoke.

Exactly what i was thinking!!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I am just curious, and this may have already been asked; why were you taping a webcam session in the first place? Most of us do not record our webcam sessions.

No disrespect. If it is genuine and not touched my guess is a reflection from an image on your computer screen bouncing off of your white face.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Hey Im just touching base to let you guys know that I havent forgotten about posting the regular speed video with sound... Im at work right now, so Ill do it when I get home.

@Skywatcher2011 Your saying "nice try OP" suggests that you think I'm purposely trying to fool people. This is clearly not the case, as I titled this "I MAY have captured a ghost on camera" AND Ive already conceded that Bud's theory of dormant vapor on my clothes is probably the culprit.

@NeverApologize I was recording my webcam session because I was practicing some lyrics for an upcoming show.
edit on 19-4-2011 by Jack Squat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
To the OP .......

It isn't a Ghost - It is a ALIEN

If you take the image from the video and do some work you will see it. I did.

If you can't see it I can show it to you .

All the best.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This is your Friend .... watching you work ...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join