It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump's Solution on Gas Prices: Get Tough With Saudi Arabia; Seize Oil Fields in Libya and I

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Stephanopoulos: And so finish this sentence. "If you don’t produce more oil…"

Trump: Look. I’m going to look ‘em in the eye and say, "Fellas, you’ve had your fun. Your fun is over." …
Stephanopoulos: So, you would threaten to take away that [security] protection?

Trump: Oh, absolutely. Absolutely. Let’s-- let me tell you something. Oil prices might go down. Because there’s plenty of oil, all over the world. Ships at sea. They don’t know where to dump it. I saw a report yesterday. There’s so much oil, all over the world, they don’t know where to dump it. And Saudi Arabia says, "Oh, there’s too much oil." They-- they came back yesterday. Did you see the report? They want to reduce oil production. Do you think they’re our friends? They’re not our friends.

And Trump was even more specific on what he would do with the Iraq oil fields: seize them.

Trump: George, let me explain something to you. We go into Iraq. We have spent thus far, $1.5 trillion. We could have rebuilt half of the United States. $1.5 trillion. And we’re going to then leave. So, in the old days, you know when you had a war, to the victor belong the spoils. You go in. You win the war and you take it.

blogs.abcnews.com...

So, it looks like "The Donald" talks a big game when he is trying to persuade the public that he should be the next POTUS.

Fact is, I don't think he realizes that he would merely be a puppet and as soon as some fat-cat oil lobbyist started lining his pockets and adding to his net-worth or financing his campaign, he would more than likely change his stance on things.

I, personally, agree with the guy. Is it time for the US to get tough with OPEC? Damn straight. Will it happen? Not a chance.

It's a game, Donald. Play by their rules or they take their toys and go home.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
At least he is being honest about what he would want to do.

This flies in the face of regular politics.
But if he were to be voted in, expect a lot more war.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Wow if Donald Trump was really saying this we will have another Vietnam situation when many young men are going to be conscripted

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

Ya know, I was just about to type almost the exact thing in response.

It would cause wars all over the place - and pretty much makes him unelectable. But it is refreshing to hear someone saying upfront what they would do.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
trump is just a rich money hungry boob...he would love warmongering because that means more money for all his other rich buddy buddy's...screw trump...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
We can all argue whether or not he is electable, but Mr Trump is just saying what any other politician would love to have the courage to say. I personally find it refreshing. At least he is honost about his opinions and stances on certain issues so far. I think the American people will tolerate alot from there politicians, but we all hate liars and frauds.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sovaka
At least he is being honest about what he would want to do.

This flies in the face of regular politics.
But if he were to be voted in, expect a lot more war.

I agree with the fact that his "honesty" is refreshing. However, the ability to declare war does not rest solely with him.

I would vote for him only if he promised that after we defeat a country and pilfer their resources, he calls the deposed leader and says, "You're Fired!"
edit on 18-4-2011 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Doesn't this guy understand the concept of "handlers"?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
We need Trump to shake things up.

Who cares if he's electable.

The truth is the truth...

Even if Trump says it.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
trump has so many people hoodwinked its not even funny

trump is not even close to what the public perceptions of him are.

you people are being played like a fiddle

take a good look at trumps history business finance and politcal campaign contributions.

hes an opportunists playing you all

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

I say leave the Middle East and start pumping our own oil; we have no right to invade another country for it's wealth....

how would Trump like it if the Middle East invaded the USA for it's oil? And there's more oil in the USA than all of the Middle East put together!

Trump is a doosh bag.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I find this not refreshing but horrifying. Such a plan would put us on the path towards WW III. This is the kind of talk that put people like Hitler in charge. Just because he's different does not make him better than what we have.

What are his opinions on civil rights or civil dissent? I have a feeling I know and I think it involves tanks.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I have little to say on the topic. If posters on a conspiracy site are dumb enough to even think of supporting a high businessman as the "leader" of the "free world" then there is little hope for the human race. I'll let the stylings of Muse take it away.

TAKE A BOW

sample of lyrics

Corrupt
You're corrupt
Bring corruption to all that you touch
Hold You behold And beholden for all that you've done
And spin Cast a spell Cast a spell on the country you run
And risk You will risk You will risk all their lives and their souls
And burn You will burn You will burn in hell, yeah you'll burn in hell
You'll burn in hell Yeah you'll burn in hell For your sins
And our freedom's consuming itself
What we've become It's contrary to what we want
Take a bow
Death
You bring death, and destruction to all that you touch
Pay
You must pay
You must pay for your crimes against the earth
Yeah hex
Feed the hex
Feed the hex on the country you love

Now beg
You will beg
You will beg for their lives and their souls

Now burn
You will burn
You will burn in hell, yeah you'll burn in hell
You'll burn in hell
Yeah you'll burn in hell
You'll burn in hell
Yeah you'll burn in hell
For your sins

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by IamAbeliever

I say leave the Middle East and start pumping our own oil; we have no right to invade another country for it's wealth....

how would Trump like it if the Middle East invaded the USA for it's oil? And there's more oil in the USA than all of the Middle East put together!

Trump is a doosh bag.

It's all a calculated game and Trump knows it. You pilfer the entire world's supply of oil, then when there is no more we open up the oil we have here in the states.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
He has my vote!
An honest politician is what we need. I don't think anyone in Washington has the balls to say what he says. About the money, I don't think he cares about that either.
Don't care what anyone has to say

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Donald trump is a joke. Seriously... spare me..

This world needs leaders with integrity. True leaders, not puppets to special interest groups and corporations. The generation of the 70s-80s need to stand up and claim their future, not only for themselves, but for the kids who must live on when we pass away.

edit on 18-4-2011 by Q2IN2Y because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-4-2011 by Q2IN2Y because: Not time yet.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The bad thing is OPEC has to have their voice and hands in all of the oil that is drawn from the earth. If anything turn the place into a glass parking lot. They are a bunch of barbarians.
edit on 18-4-2011 by Jetman44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jetman44
The bad thing is OPEC has to be involved in ANY oil that is drawn from the earth. If anything turn the place into a glass parking lot. They are a bunch of barbarians.

I am curious as to what makes them barbarians and why you feel this way? We, the US, are shamelessly slaughtering thousands of innocent civilians in Iraq and Afghanistan. So what does that make us? Liberators?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jetman44
The bad thing is OPEC has to have their voice and hands in all of the oil that is drawn from the earth. If anything turn the place into a glass parking lot. They are a bunch of barbarians.
edit on 18-4-2011 by Jetman44 because: (no reason given)

If OPEC wasn't set up the Middle-East would've , or would've been on its way to, become a second Africa; pillaged of resources by the West - left to poverty, famine, rampant disease and more political corruption and civil warfares than can be imagined.

Guess who set up the OPEC?

The Shah of Iran.

Those scumbags in government now can't, in a million years, hold up a candle to his genius. Never mind any people with your primal way of thinking..."barbarians"...you say...what's the matter, you can't think for yourself anymore?

But as you know, the West organized to destroy him and replace him with the Islamic fundamentalists you see now...irreversibly screwing themselves in the process.
edit on 18-4-2011 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

Edit; Donald Trump, arrogant blowhole...clueless while I'm at it...
edit on 18-4-2011 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
His attitude is not that of a politician but that of a ruthless business man, a radical whose sole motivation is profit. Whilst I think very few on here would disagree with me saying that Iraq was/is horrible and not worth 1 penny or the life of 1 soldier or iraqi civilian, seizing the oil fields is hardly going to win America any respect.
He's basically saying, "we're America and we're gonna take what we want because we deserve it more than you!"
If anyone actually votes for this guy you've got to bare in mind that you will be voting for this brand of aggressive capitalism, corporate conflict on an epic scale. Stick with Ron Paul or someone similar would be my view from across the pond, the last thing the world needs is more militarism and war for profit.
edit on 18-4-2011 by lifeissacred because: spelling

top topics

<<   2 >>

join