It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time device found on Alien Ship.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Colonel Corso's son talks about time travel being involved in the roswell crash that his dad told him.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bphi1908

That's the mystery lmao

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by fishy6

One of the reasons you don't see things like this "all over the news" is all these idiots coming up with their own mythologies involving the UFO phenomenon. There are now dozens of different mythologies, each with their own splinters and subgenres, until you have an absolute kaleidoscope of competing histories and mythologies crowding each other out.

Looked at in one respect, it's as if you had a thousand different comic-book writers pushing for their own story-lines, themes, directions, and outcomes for a limited number of characters. That's why there's no single, coherent story there; and that's why, no matter what you have personally seen and reasonably believe concerning UFO's, you're just one of a crowd of "UFO nuts," and no one who wants to keep their MSM news job is going to pay any attention. They'd be painted with the same broad "crazy" brush and quietly let go.

And that is why, for good or bad, you just have to believe what you believe and can find small scraps of supporting evidence for. Here's a nickel's worth of free advice: Look at what you read with a critical mind; research the characters behind it and examine their histories and motives. There's no possible way you can believe it all....

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile
i dont think it means a time travel device...but more so a calender or clock of some type...time device does not equal time travel device lol

I hear ya, but I was just thinking today about light-years being the TIME it takes for light to travel in a year, how stars we see right now, may not exist anymore, and how scientist can peer back towards the big bang. In a weird kind of way, time is a place of existence of something-- every infinite instant it manifests in a new location. The Earth has never been in the exact same location, since the dawn of, well, you know! By the time it gets around the sun, the entire solar system has moved within the galaxy, the galaxy within the universe. If you could go back to the exact place in the universe you were one year ago, would you also be there WHEN you were there? (I'm sorry-- it made sense in my head, but I had a hard time putting the words out there.)

But if Aliens can visit from the far reaches of the universe, they'd have some major warp drive-- and if the above is true, a time travel device would fit the theory nicely.

Also, by that line of thinking, a clock doesn't really tell time, it tells ABOUT time, and useful only because we are capable of imagining the future (a meeting) or recalling the past ("she left here 30 minutes ago, sir.")

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
+1

If they have a space/time drive that distorts time/space, and exist in our 3 physical dimensions plus time it would make sense that they would need a time recorder to get back to when they came from.

I would imagine an alien far advanced beyond our technology would have developed multiple time lines that they use simultaneously, if they even use time similar to the way we do.
Only reason we have human time as-is, is because of the earths path and rotation.

If we lived in spaceship traveling around the galaxy and that is all we knew we would have a different concept of time I am sure.

Also aliens could actually live in or be able to access 5 or more dimensions, in which case maybe they need a time device to relate to us lowly humans.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

*SERPO BS*

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by fishy6
Also aliens could actually live in or be able to access 5 or more dimensions, in which case maybe they need a time device to relate to us lowly humans.

May well be true. But I would imagine they interface with their spaceships to navigate thru the worm holes , so it is their concept of time date that really matters. They needn't know the calender system of their destinations.
So was the alien craft reverse enguneered, would be interesting to know.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by bphi1908

In 1995, the Los Alamos Laboratory reported in a highly classified document that both ALIEN CRAFT contained TIME DEVICES that our scientists were able to translate into OUR time periods. The TIME DEVICE that was found in the Roswell craft was NOT known to be a TIME DEVICE until then.

If the aliens that crashed in Roswell had a "time device" why did they crash? I mean if you have a time travel device wouldn't as your ship is hurtling to the earth's surface be a really great time to use such a device?

Posts like this are my curse, because while I absolutely believe the "article" is a fantasy, and in no way want to defend it, I can't help but point out, just for the logic of it, that one way a ship might crash is if everyone on board is rendered unconscious somehow, which would, of course, make operating a time machine or any other high-tech device impossible.
edit on 19-4-2011 by sepermeru because: edit button makes me happy

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

Another way a ship might crash is if it is hit by an EMP and does not have any shielding against it, like from a high powered radar. The effect is like putting some metal in a microwave and the electronics short out.

reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

Semiconductors, fibre optics, lasers and other materials have been developed since the crash, by industries with a close association to the military. When learning how a transistor works and how the Nobel prize was given for its development I am putting my money on this being one reverse engineered technology from the crash.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by fishy6

It's an interesting article. I admit only scanning through it.

I wonder if maybe it's just a sophisticated 'black-box'?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

If the aliens that crashed in Roswell had a "time device" why did they crash? I mean if you have a time travel device wouldn't as your ship is hurtling to the earth's surface be a really great time to use such a device?

What difference would it make if they used it? If they used it and traveled back in time they would hit a dinosaur maybe instead of a clear meadow and still crash..

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by bphi1908

If they were shot down (by other ETs) then the time device maybe was useless to prevent them from crashing anyway.
Or perhaps they wanted to be found, so crashed there to jump start our tech. No other century have we technologically advanced as quickly as the 20th. In the last 100 years we've progressed more than the last 19 centuries combined.

PS this is just assuming the time device and event all happened.
edit on 19-4-2011 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
According to the article the ships crashed middle of June 1947.

They then determined the crash occurred in the MIDDLE of June 1947.

I though it was July 4th 1947.

Also this made me laugh

Based on that data, they theorized that BOTH CRAFT collided over the New Mexico desert and CRASHED on the SAME DATE. The SECOND alien craft was able to fly a longer distance before it crashed."

Soooooo the ETs travelled from their planet,avoiding all asteroid belts,comets and space junk just to collide with another spaceship on Earth....

This information is bound to generate white hot controversy in the UFO community

And this is the only reason that they wrote this article.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Why suicide crash to give us super alien tech, though? Why not just go to some military base and present them with a saucer? Or just land the ship, then beam up and leave it abandoned to be found?

I just always found it hard to believe that these aliens have craft that can traverse the galaxy, maybe travel through wormholes, etc, but we're somehow able to shoot them down or crash them with...radar? I don't get it.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom traveller
Soooooo the ETs travelled from their planet,avoiding all asteroid belts,comets and space junk just to collide with another spaceship on Earth....

At least this time they managed to avoid the windmills.
edit on 19-4-2011 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Posts like this are my curse, because while I absolutely believe the "article" is a fantasy, and in no way want to defend it, I can't help but point out, just for the logic of it, that one way a ship might crash is if everyone on board is rendered unconscious somehow, which would, of course, make operating a time machine or any other high-tech device impossible.
reply to post by sepermeru

The "logic" of it you say? Without knowing what these UFO's actually are or what technology these craft employ you were able to extrapolate a very hypothetical situation with what information exactly? And if we are going to go down the fantasy hypothetical road, wouldn't their buddies in another ship, after realizing they crashed, with their functioning time travel device go back and assist the other ship before it crashed? That is unless, of course, their alien race didn't have rules governing how and when to use their time travel devices that prohibited them from using it in this particular situation.

Making up stuff out of thin air is fun! What if they tried to use their time travel device but in doing so gave away their position to an enemy alien ship and....have I gone off the fantasy hypothetical situation deep end?

But since it was pointed out to me that it was not a time travel device but rather a clock, this whole argument is mute isn't it? Oh well back to the real world.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by edog11
I'm new to this so excuse my ignorance but how come you think that the Guy Hottell FBI Memo is a hoax?
I thought it'd be credible since it carries the FBI Stamp...
Care to shed some light on this issue for me please?

The memo itself is not a hoax, it is a real memo. It is the information contained within it that is fallacious.

There is a simple way to determine the information contained in the memo is worthless. Reading the memo, you can see the information is at least third-hand (in reality, it is closer to eight-hand). Further, the memo ends with a note that the special agent did no follow-up; he thought the information was not worthy of further investigation.

But for the full, in-depth story of the memo and it's history, please read IssacKoi's thread debunking claims made about the memo.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

But since it was pointed out to me that it was not a time travel device but rather a clock, this whole argument is mute isn't it?

So... you then have proof that the ship that crashed at Roswell had a clock? Care to share that proof?

Oh wait... you just decided to pick the facts that suited your perspective... gotcha

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Buddy it was pointed out that the device described in the article actually more closely resembled a clock, not a time travel device. I wasn't picking and choosing anything, I went back after it was pointed out to me that I was wrong and reread the story and it does sound more like a clock of some sort.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join