It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Talk To Or Warn Anyone?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

How do you know this species is worth saving? If your going to quote and use Star Trek then please use logic.
The humans on this planet can't get past greed or corruption so why are they worth saving? Humans can't even do the right thing for their fellow man when it comes to money. Some people on welfare need it. Some people need universal healthcare but they do not get it. Until the human race stands up and fights for equality and is willing to sacrifice for mankind... I say I'm not sure. The earth will decide the fate of mankind not man. If they change and can be united they have a chance. They must come together from all countries,all backgrounds,all religions or none,all languages or they are doomed to failure.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by KoolerKing

see the difference between you and me is:
all you see is faults
while I look at potential

before it became Penicillin,
it was mold

before it was a diamond
it was coal

edit on 4/19/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

OUR and others' kids may try to save one another. It's a brother and or sister bond. Least that is my personal view on the matter. Some of them already possess a certain kind of wisdom and those who care to, already
know things are amiss. We may have doled out fear without meaning to. Personally, I'm not sure if I fear
the things that could be part of their future ( things that I can neither imagine nor accept ) more than I fear my not being able to protect them.
Some have more faith than I ever did manage to muster up. Sad, but true. My generation
was told me might expect a nuclear war but we did not know what that might be like. We were told untruths.
The "kids" on the other hand may know more than we do about what to expect in many different situations.
Draw a sigh, again we might feel alone and more vulnurable than ever should something occur. However,
they may find they need our comfort after all. It's impossible to predict and harder to imagine. Hopefully,
none of our fears will come to fruition.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

I wouldn't say that. I use logic. What I wrote is true for the survival of the species.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by KoolerKing
I wouldn't say that. I use logic. What I wrote is true for the survival of the species.

then your logic would dictate that
the worst and sleaziest 1% of that
species survives.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by KoolerKing

The humans on this planet can't get past greed or corruption so why are they worth saving?

I wouldn't classify the people in control (the greedy and corrupt) as humans - or at least not humans concerned with other humans in any way, and therefore not part of our species.

While I do think we (the lilliputian) are ultimately responsible for "letting" those in control keep control and thus further their corrupt agendas to monumental proportions of which it seems so difficult to even make a dent, I can not discount the merit of so many I've witnessed who think of others before themselves. It is what makes this grown man cry. That people still have within them, the honor, dignity and compassion of 'olden times' (lol) - even if they don't know what it's called.

It has always been easier to embrace fear over love, misery over honor, torment over integrity, insult over compliment, and endurance over giving up, as that's just the way they are structured.

But if only 1% of this planet's population valued these latters over these formers, more than they valued themselves, we'd have a planet in balance with nature, completely sustainable, and a pleasure to leave to our children. It's tough to even imagine such a place anymore, but I'm old enough to remember that time...or at least semblances of it.

As it is right now, we're gonna leave them holes in the ground, because the operative phrase in the last paragraph is "more than we value ourselves."

Death can happen in an instant, and from any trajectory or inclination, so ask yourself: If you were to die tomorrow, would you be happy with today?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Everyone is untitled to have time to prepare,
whether they take heed and use their time wisely is their decision.
As for reviling the location of my private shelter and stock,
well that will be an entirely different story.

The government at least has an obligation to, and
responsibility in warning the population of any
impending dangers.

edit on 19/4/11 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
What a fascinating topic. I had to think long & hard on this one, but I have to agree with boondock-saint. It's in the potential. Kabbalah teaches that we are all 'fragments' of God, and through a number of lifetimes we will learn to transform our ego from a constant desire to receive into a constant desire to bestow, until we realize we are all really of the same substance. This is a simplified explanation, but I think everyone will understand. Or perhaps, examine the life of Buddha, who was for all intents & purposes an 'elite', but he surrendered everything for 'enlightenment'. Or Krishna, who simply played within this world of dreams because all things were united in him in the end. Or Christ who prayed that we all may be one as He and the Father were one. Or Vasistha's Yoga - there is in reality no such thing as division, or time & space. I could go on, but you get my point. If I were to die tomorrow, I would have to be happy with today simply because of the potential to dream about what could have been and yet, will be. Thanks to all who have shared.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

My "middle" daughter was the same way for a while, I think this was due to her being naturally a little more sensitive than my other girls. I told her simply that just like we prepare for tornado season we have to prepare for everything else that could go wrong. It may be scary but it is better to be safe, I tried to explain it on a scale from lack of effective funds due to global prices to rapid overpopulation due to global changes whether it be natural or human intervention. She still gets worried but no one like to talk about why they write their will they just know it has to be done. You will find your way to pull it all together.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I think I would commit the greatest of sins (and I do not use that word often) if I were to hide this kind of information.
My family and I are not the only ones who have a right to live, nor are we gods to decide who lives and who dies. Other people should have a chance too.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I've only told the people i know and love what's to happen. I won't tell others because people will not listen to a madman, so be it.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

The humans that can adapt and change will continue. They may be the sleazy and horrible ones but maybe not.
Good doesn't always win and that is a #ty fact of life. What comes around usually goes around.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I would sing like a canary.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Oh how you do forget yourself boondock-saint. Your not looking at the BIG picture. Your only mission in life is make sure that your "intentions" are in line with Gods intention. If they are not then your very existence is wasted here since we were specifically built for his purpose. A war broke out before that purpose was revealed to us but our time will come.

Now I know that you think this is a bunch of B.S. and you will call me a religious fanatic but I DO NOT believe there is a religion on this planet that isn't in some way corrupt so I will have to strongly disagree with you there.

It doesn't change the fact that everything you THINK and everything you DO does in fact matter in the eyes of God and since he will be the one judging you I should think you would tread a little lighter when so freely speaking about your life being worth saving over anothers life. IMO

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
I would sing like a canary.

And you might get put in a cage like one. Either TPTB would want to shut you up and lock you up or the people you tried to help would think you had lost your mind and lock you up. I know it sounds nice and all to want to help save the world but the real world does not work that way. It would be a much nicer world if it did. As for me I would just kept my mouth shut and use the information to help myself and family. Telling other people would most likely backfire

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

Hm. I don't typically entertain selfish fears. Being afraid is not my nature.
Besides, this is just a scenario, not real.
Hard for any of us to know what we would do should that circumstance become a reality.
But I think I know what I do.
Cowardice is not something I've ever faced. If I did, I think I would identify it, and launch a personal attack against it.

Resistance is not futile.
edit on 4/20/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
I would absolutely keep my mouth shut and take my seat. It's easy to have internet courage and say you'd talk no matter what. It takes more courage to admit the truth.

Naw, it's just that people with sociopathic tendencies like that always assume everybody else is secretly the same way. But there's plenty of historical evidence to demonstrate that people are not always willing to go on living at the expense of others.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join