It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Talk To Or Warn Anyone?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
People sometimes say, "With a conspiracy this big, they couldn't possibly keep it secret, as someone would eventually screw up and blab."

Let's just accept the fact that there's no doubt in your mind that a bit of information you happened to be privy to was being planned or prepared for and is very real.

Well, with the multitude of underground weatherproof, flood-proof bunkers being built across the entire planet, including some rather gigantic ones, what are the odds that YOU would warn or say anything to anyone if you and your family had a reserved seat/residence in one of these self-sustained, "luxury", underground habitats?

How easy would it be to blackmail (control) you with the threat of losing that seat if anyone even breathed or hinted you warned others? Would you risk, even anonymously, posting unknown threats, information or imminent warnings, even if you knew it would save lives by giving people enough time to "get out of dodge?"

Can you really even imagine such information and the impact it would have on you? And then, on top of that, the threat of losing your family's future? Would you even tell your family? Or would you wait until the call comes, and then tell them you're all just going for a ride? Maybe tell them on the way there?

Does this not lead to the question, what kind of life are you living? Even with the knowledge that you'll most likely live through it, aren't you feeling more and more like you're on the verge of a stress-riddled heart attack every day? Do you find yourself passing people on the street, looking at them, and wondering if maybe they knew, or if they were already a statistic? Do you find yourself looking at these neanderthals fighting on YouTube videos or shock video programs on television thinking, "These people deserve what's coming?" Do you find yourself being awed by others, and hoping they know?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
for one thing i know tht i wouldnt have a chance in hell to get a spot in any shelter. so i would hope that someone would speak out if they Knew TSWHTF...i personally would tell as many as i could until they put a stop to it and made me disappear...if i found out i would be posting it and runing through the streets telling everyone i saw...i believe that everyone has the right to survival no matter how rich you are or arent...we as a species need to start learning how to work together so we all can survive as a whole instead of select few thinking theyre more special than the rest of us...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by lagnar

I love my family and would protect them to the death.........However if there was a secret like this that was put upon me and an opportunity to expose it at the sacrifice to my family I would feel compelled to tell it despite the fact my family could loose their spot because I love people in general and I believe in the good of mankind and despite the bad seeds in this world I want us all to make it out ALIVE!

I think its human to want to save yourself and your family but what would our lives be like if I managed to save my family with the understanding that I did it by shutting the door on my fellow man????

No way man......thats what establishes what we are really made out of right there. I'd probably talk to my family about it first though to let them know whats at stake and I would hope they would encourage me to do the right thing.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I would talk, I don't think my one life is more important then many.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
You know, its odd that you made this thread, as i was just in deep thought of this scenario. What put me in that particular mood was this :

Bermuda region (Latitude: 32.4536, Longitude: -65.7065)
The 18 April 2011 at 3:38 PM (UTC), in Bermuda region there was a seismic activity of
magnitude 4.6 and depth 10.00Km.
Estimated population within 60km: none or few people.

Here : www.hewsweb.org...

Now, i live in Portsmouth, Va, so the first thought was "aw crap, I have been watching this site and a few others, and there hasnt been anything noticable in the Atlantic Ocean". Next i imagined a scenario that tonight or tomorrow, a completely random mega quake hit that area. I then made a list in my head, really the contacts in my phone
and plotted out what to tell them, depending on the size of a quake and the distance the imminent tsunami would have to travel and the time it would take to get here.

All of my contacts would then call their contacts and everyone would meet at one place due 150 miles west. Everyone would meet at the specific location to group up on a time limit, if they dont make it in time, they would be notified in some way to head 200 miles more to the west. Our final destination would be the Appalachian Mountains. But then again, it all depends on the quake, because if it is something like 12 or 13 on the scale, thats a good 600 ft tsunami and God only knows how far that would travel inland.

So in a sense, i would talk calmly, and warn them at the same time

edit on 18-4-2011 by AOA2012 because: -Peace and Love To All

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
This is a hard subject for many as I feel that many do not care, or are not worried at all. I would protect my family, as much as I can, but as I feel a SHTF scenario is bound to happen, I find it quite amazing how even now, I am not privy to any secretive info, but many that I do talk to do not care at all.

There is a better chance of me spilling the beans to the ATS community before I would announce it on lets say Facebook, or a place that I could warn many people in a small amount of time. My family is well protected as far as I can help it, but I am fully aware that I cannot help everyone, and actually many would not believe me, or care themselves.

Its sad, but its reality.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by lagnar

How we know that the info hasn’t already been posted or disseminated, only to shrugged off as a “Conspiracy”, or that’s just crazy talk? The interwebs are full of these sites. I like ATS best of all, mainly due to the enforced civility that the Mods apply.

I have found that just observing and listening to what is going on around me has given me many useful insights. Such as investments, who is screwing who (either figuratively or literally), and by being aware of my surroundings.

As for blackmail, they have a thing called a non-disclosure agreement. You sign that, and you’re theirs. You break that agreement and you’ll be sitting somewhere in the dark. Not a place I would want to be if the SHTF.

Even with the various shelters being prepared, do you honestly think that all of them would survive? Some may be vaporized regardless of how deep they are, others buried in Tons of earth or water with no way out and a limited supply of food and air.

Truthfully, I think it all depends on where you are at when it happens. You’ll survive or you won’t…either could be a blessing if you think about it. If you survive, you are in for some rough days ahead, if not, no worries anymore.

As for a feeling of dread, yep, I feel it. Of course that is probably due to the fact that I am recently unemployed and looking for a job. I try not to worry as I have been through worst times, well, so far.

Me, I’m staying topside and living life.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I think the guilt of not saying something and tons of people died would be horrible. Yeah sure you may be alive but how could you live with yourself after?

I think saying something and risking whatever happens to you would by far be the better option. But its not like I would ever be in the know about anything anyway.

I wouldnt have to worry about it. I would die in the dark like the rest or survive I guess depending on what were to happen. Who knows right?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
There's two ways this is happening on this planet,
Bought and paid for by the governments to protect the selected few private and elected elites,
and
private citizens building and stocking their own shelters,
and being honest the only thing I see happening is invitation only should there ever be a party to attend.
People can talk all warm and fuzzy about helping and warning but do you honestly see that ever happening on a save the world scale?
I'll warn my tribe.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
If the gov't suddenly announced a pending catastrophe... you can bet there would be a stampede for supplies... and things would definitely get out of control very fast. Happens all the time in the movies.

Anyways... I've always felt that the best way to inform people would be through a prepared LEAK via an inside "trusted" source... which I believe is intentionally done ALOT anyways... I also suspect that things would be alot more orderly during the preparation process among those who opted to heed those warnings from the onset. It's gonna be those who didn't prepare and reacted negatively AFTER the catastrophe that would most likely end up shot by someone who was prepared... or in one of those fenced in FEMA camps.
edit on 18-4-2011 by hederahelix because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
When revealing truths with limited evidence that would naturally be sparse due to extreme security, and giving accounts of the extraordinary, beyond the scope of the perceived realities of the public masses. You can be sure that said accounts will be scoffed at mocked and denied. Your are being told...
edit on 18-4-2011 by 5StarOracle because: .

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The movie 2012 came on a few weeks ago and my family decided we would sell our tickets to the highest bidder and use the money to invest in staples to survive whether it be a boat, food, or even proper shelter. We would tell as many people as we could, even with the drive to survive we all believe almost everyone has a right to the same chance at life as the next. By telling more people it could create wide spread panic yet there has to be enough minds out there to find a way to save the masses and those that choose not to hop on board may do so by choice and not financial or social status.

That being said, that movie opened my kids eyes to the realities of how the government and humans function. One asked me if that is really what they would do, all I could say was "I believe so honey, but I hope they will prove me wrong".

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I think it is very easy for people to say what they would do........but, until it definitely happens, no one really knows how they would react. Sorry, but I do not have as much faith in people as others seem to have. Only time will time, I suppose.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I most definitely wouldn't talk.

When it comes to the lives of my loved ones, I would sacrifice the entire global population in order to protect them.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
i would sacrifice my own life in a heartbeat, absolutely in a heartbeat, but my children, well thats a diffrent thing, yet these people who came from my body are so different to me, theyre obsessed by pop stars and hand bags and i have purposely kept them from the truth ( the truth that we think is the truth) to not hurt them, any mention of the possible future of the world is met with diression by my children, or " stop scaring me mum" . I dont know what to do anymore, I feel like im an island, i feel alone.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili
I most definitely wouldn't talk.

When it comes to the lives of my loved ones, I would sacrifice the entire global population in order to protect them.

You just as well do just that. Because no one would listen to you or believe you no matter what information you had. You would be surprised at the number of people who have called me a fool and a liar trying to tell them about the simple facts about the light bulb ban set to go in-effect at the start of next year. And that is something that is fact and can be looked up by any one. Now just think about something really big and life threating, just how many people would even be willing to hear one word about it forget about hearing the whole story with the facts. People seem to always say the same things.
"That will never happen"
"That can not happen"
"They will never do that"
"They will never let that happen"
And such things like that. Fact, most people live in a fantasy world of their own making and do not care about anything out side that world and do not want to hear about anything that does not fit into that world. I have gave up trying to tell any one anything. It is pointless.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
i would sacrifice my own life in a heartbeat, absolutely in a heartbeat, but my children, well thats a diffrent thing, yet these people who came from my body are so different to me, theyre obsessed by pop stars and hand bags and i have purposely kept them from the truth ( the truth that we think is the truth) to not hurt them, any mention of the possible future of the world is met with diression by my children, or " stop scaring me mum" . I dont know what to do anymore, I feel like im an island, i feel alone.

Well this is a perfect example of how we can create our whole lives to collapse around us and not even realize how it happened.

Friend they are what you have allowed them to be. Their ignorance is because of you ignoring them and did not teach them what they needed to learn. It's sad and perhaps there is still time but those early years are crucial to instill the values that will be needed to survive the times to come. I myself have caught myself falling short in this manner with all the technological dream state we have found ourselves in.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
As many of you eluded to, the biggest problem with this question is that it's so difficult to imagine being in such a position, so I suppose even attempting to answer this question would ultimately depend on what position you were already in.

And if deciding to tell someone, who would that 'someone' be? Just people you're very concerned with personally, or people with children, or people who seem quite virulent and capable of surviving without the accustomed amenities? Or maybe just people who might be the most inclined to believe what you're saying, so they might spread the word further with little reflection upon yourself, taking some of the burden off the top as it were?

As it stands, in my opinion, the knowing for sure and not doing anything or warning anyone might be too much to handle, but the flip-side of that (my family dying or living unimaginably difficult lives) might also be too much to handle. Trying to imagine this, I truly think I would do everything within my power to get my family out of harms way without saying anything to them...only because I know the stance of a few that would blab as loud as they could and as far and wide as possible, which would certainly remove any chance of living comfortably afterward.

Have any of you seen a movie called, "The Road?" I envision just this kind of existence after whatever it might be happens (at least above ground), and I see myself just as the father does. Yes, I would try to prepare loved ones with whatever powers of persuasion I could produce, as they would be the only ones capable of hearing my words, but I would also accept the fact that I would never have ANY comfort again, while doing as much as I could for my kids as long as I could muster the ability, while also educating them for any eventuality I might see ahead of them. Pretty much what we do now, just a very different, and much more difficult perspective to face.

It truly is a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' kind of scenario isn't it? I'm sure it has already approached people from many different perspectives, so maybe it just depends on what your current "status" is. Able to live with it or not, or having dependents or not?

That's really very discouraging...but it certainly affords some semblance of hope too, as not everyone has children or loved ones, someone would say something, and we might still have a chance if we can disseminate truth from fiction.

Tough question, and I thank you all for giving it your best shot.

With all these bunkers being built, and very few near coastlines, perhaps it would behoove many of us to move away from the beautiful beaches we've fallen in love with if we're able?

Not that I know anything.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I would absolutely keep my mouth shut and take my seat. It's easy to have internet courage and say you'd talk no matter what. It takes more courage to admit the truth.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Spock: "It is logical. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few."
Kirk: "Or the one"

Star Trek

me thinks this would be my train of thought as well.
while we may have our flaws, we are only human
and are a species worth saving IMO.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join