It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why is trump in the position he is?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
sorry if this has been covered somewhere in the trump threads.
i'm wondering why such a horrible business man could possibly stay in such a powerful position.
if so many of my projects failed along with filing for bankruptcy so many times.
why do banks continue to support him? i know he's received many other grants and other gov. stuff,
etc...
am i wrong in this belief, is he an american business man who should be flashed around as a prime example?
seems to me the guy is worthy of a chain of mcdonalds.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Trump is just a guy who knows how things work. He uses the system to his own advantage, just like we all do. He is just better at the game.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rreeves5

umm no he doesnt lol...his dad gave him 8 billion and he now has 7 billion so basically he spent one billion in his lifetime a few jets here and some buildings here by all means he did not start from scratch like Gates or Benson thats why hes an idiot. if you had 8 billion it would be almost impossible to fail.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rreeves5

umm no he doesnt lol...his dad gave him 8 billion and he now has 7 billion so basically he spent one billion in his lifetime a few jets here and some buildings here by all means he did not start from scratch like Gates or Benson thats why hes an idiot. if you had 8 billion it would be almost impossible to fail.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by gmac10001

wow, really?
8 billion!
it should be illegal for someone with that kind of scratch to even file for bankruptsy.
now i'm really scratching my head and i do not have lice.

edit on 18-4-2011 by rubbertramp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Yeah his Dad gave him money, really not surprising. My Dad gave me money too. He is smart with his money, being smart with your money is what makes a good businessman. The theory is "Make your money work for you!"

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Hes not exactly a good business man.

Hes not exactly a bad one either.

He just makes us THINK he's a good one.

He isn't really a businessman. He spends his time getting publicity..
Think about the many big earners that you have never heard of. People that are much richer than Donald Trump ever was or will be. There are many out there. Not many require their loud voice be heard by an entire nation.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Well i would disagree on that point. He is a good businessman. I have read some of his books, I don't say I worship him but I understand how he uses the system. Donald uses letters of intent/handshakes/agreements as reasons to litigate, ie sue them in court, that's not wrong. If someone falls back on his word they should be obligated to fulfill it, that is justice, the reason why courts were created. He offers people deals, they don't accept it, a while later he offers them less. It is no longer worth as much to him because they denied him the first time. They realize no one else is giving them anything for it so eventually after much persistence and perceived lower value of the property/goods they sell. It is just good business, it is not rocket science. The stores buy their goods at a lower price than we pay for it, because if they didn't get it cheaper, they wouldn't be able to make any money. Donald buys much more expensive things, he is into real estate, then sell's/rents/leases them to other people to make more money, It's just good business.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by rreeves5

Yeah his Dad gave him money, really not surprising. My Dad gave me money too. He is smart with his money, being smart with your money is what makes a good businessman. The theory is "Make your money work for you!"

a quantity of money. sorry, none of my biz, but it seems like 8 billion would be enough as it was.
the whole bankruptcy idea is what gets me.

top topics

join