It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charles Manson breaks 20 year silence,Speaks about Global Warming...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Listen, I don't really have a problem with you in particular. I just think you're being incredibly unrealistic.

First off, let's look at the meaning of judgment:

–noun 1. an act or instance of judging. 2. the ability to judge, make a decision, or form an opinion objectively, authoritatively, and wisely, especially in matters affecting action; good sense; discretion: a man of sound judgment. 3. the demonstration or exercise of such ability or capacity: The major was decorated for the judgment he showed under fire. 4. the forming of an opinion, estimate, notion, or conclusion, as from circumstances presented to the mind: Our judgment as to the cause of his failure must rest on the evidence. 5. the opinion formed: He regretted his hasty judgment. 6. Law . a. a judicial decision given by a judge or court. b. the obligation, especially a debt, arising from a judicial decision. c. the certificate embodying such a decision and issued against the obligor, especially a debtor. 7. a misfortune regarded as inflicted by divine sentence, as for sin. 8. ( usually initial capital letter ) Also called Last Judgment, Final Judgment. the final trial of all people, both the living and dead, at the end of the world.
Judgment

It makes sense not to prejudge, or unfairly judge another person. Not judging them entirely is detrimental to humanity as a whole. There are psychopaths out there who use this spiritual doctrine, and "political correctness" to abuse, kill, betray, and do many more other forms of harm to one another.

Without judgment, civilization would collapse.

Jesus was a naive fool.
edit on 21-4-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
Listen, I don't really have a problem with you in particular. I just think you're being incredibly unrealistic.

First off, let's look at the meaning of judgment:

–noun 1. an act or instance of judging. 2. the ability to judge, make a decision, or form an opinion objectively, authoritatively, and wisely, especially in matters affecting action; good sense; discretion: a man of sound judgment. 3. the demonstration or exercise of such ability or capacity: The major was decorated for the judgment he showed under fire. 4. the forming of an opinion, estimate, notion, or conclusion, as from circumstances presented to the mind: Our judgment as to the cause of his failure must rest on the evidence. 5. the opinion formed: He regretted his hasty judgment. 6. Law . a. a judicial decision given by a judge or court. b. the obligation, especially a debt, arising from a judicial decision. c. the certificate embodying such a decision and issued against the obligor, especially a debtor. 7. a misfortune regarded as inflicted by divine sentence, as for sin. 8. ( usually initial capital letter ) Also called Last Judgment, Final Judgment. the final trial of all people, both the living and dead, at the end of the world.
Judgment

It makes sense not to prejudge, or unfairly judge another person. Not judging them entirely is detrimental to humanity as a whole. There are psychopaths out there who use this spiritual doctrine, and "political correctness" to abuse, kill, betray, and do many more other forms of harm to one another.

Without judgment, civilization would collapse.

Jesus was a naive fool.

Judgement is WHY civilization is collapsing my friend.

How did it feel on the last page when I even suggested you would be judged based on what you have said thus far? You did not like it at all. You felt I was unjustified to hint at such a judgement because I do not know all of the facts about you. You are correct! I cannot make such a judgement about you. I do not KNOW you. I do not KNOW why you feel the way that you do.

No one knows all the facts as to why someone makes the decisions they do. Thus no one can judge another justly. What we judge others for, we often create. Murderers murder because they are hurting. Thieves steal because they are wanting. Liars lie because we shame the truth. Adulterers cheat because they do not find love in their marriages. Every social illness is caused by judgement against each other and not loving one another.

We do not know each other enough to judge one another. We do not know each other because we do not LOVE one another enough to be honest with each other. Because of our judgements, we shame the truth of who we are.

It is sad, it will change.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I can't take this idiocy anymore.

So much irrational nonsense everywhere.

THAT is why civilization is collapsing.

Because people are taking things to extreme.

That includes not judging people.

It makes no sense whatsoever.

Excessively judging people harshly doesn't work...hey, let's just not judge people at all...that must be the solution!!!

WTF???

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM
No one knows all the facts as to why someone makes the decisions they do.

This is illogical. We do the best we can, as we always have. It's not about intent, it's about the harm which has taken place.

We do not know each other enough to judge one another. We do not know each other because we do not LOVE one another enough to be honest with each other. Because of our judgements, we shame the truth of who we are.

First off, keep the spiritual jargon out of this. We shame the truth of who we are? WHAT DOES THAT MEAN??

YOU may not have developed the necessary cognitive functions to properly assess another individual, but most people seem to do this very well. We screw up, some more than others, but on the whole it serves a wide range of benefits for humanity.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Two questions, one of two parts, and one that is bottomless...

1. Are you really as angry as you portray? If so, why?

2. Who are you? Not your name, your job, your race, sex, culture, or social status. Beyond all the physical and social things about you, who are you at your very core?

Answer those questions, then we may be able to find a path to understanding each other.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

reply to post by unityemissions

Two questions, one of two parts, and one that is bottomless...

1. Are you really as angry as you portray? If so, why?

Mostly because I'm surrounded by morons, to be entirely honest. Don't go on to say I'm projecting my own insecurities about my intellectual abilities or whatever. I've heard this weak-minded manipulations before, and trust me, I'm more critical of my perceptions, actions, thoughts, and feelings more than anyone else. It's not as if the thought hadn't crossed my mind before.

2. Who are you? Not your name, your job, your race, sex, culture, or social status. Beyond all the physical and social things about you, who are you at your very core?

Answer those questions, then we may be able to find a path to understanding each other.

With Love,

Your Brother

I've done these thought/meditation experiments ever since I was very young. I first reasoned myself to be my head, then my brain. Now, I see myself as the sum total of insights and understands amassed, led by my experiences and intuitions.

I've had a religious phase. I've had a "spiritual awakening" phase. I've had an atheist phase. I'm an agnostic. I'm an individual who values truth and fairness, and justice above all else. I am who I imagine myself to be, which varies depending on a variety of things. I am not GOD. God is the personification of the superego. It's a collective psychosis that humanity has yet to shake off.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
I am who I imagine myself to be, which varies depending on a variety of things.

So is everyone else.

Inspire others to imagine themselves as the very best that they can be, and they will be. Inspire them to be monsters of your worst night mare, and they will be.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Just another display of naivety, but hey... at least you intend well. At the same time, the reason that I've bothered to reply so much in this thread is because as said early...it's not intent that matters in my mind...it's the amount of damage done. I regret to inform you that it seems your philosophy does much more damage than good. I hope you find the middle way soon.

Peace!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Manson was preaching about global warming and animal rights in 1968/69, whilst he was playing at being the Messiah to a bunch of mainly middle class kids at Spahn ranch. He hasn't jumped on the bandwaggon he set it rolling. Just a shame he went crazy and couldn't resist seeing just how far his 'family' could be pushed. The first time he had anything approaching a loving caring relationship with people and he did what people had been doing to him his whole life,he threw them to the wolves,at the same time tainting the word 'family' forever.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join