It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How beautiful the mind is

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Whether it be looking into space or hearing our favorite song we experience the world because of our brain. It puts everything together from what we see and feel to what we hear and smell. People look with amazement of material things but fail to see what make it all possible. Our brain holds all of our memory of experience and knowledge. It also remembers muscle movements to be able to walk, ride a bike, swim, etc. It sorts our chemical reactions in our eyes to create a visual world for us. Everything is processed and put together in the brain no matter if we are happy or sad, it works faithfully to give us our different experiences.

Sometimes I think we over look the beauty of our brains.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Oh so very true.

It's sad how people takes such little things for granted and don't even stop and think about them.

Thank you for reminding my friend!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

I just want to point out one minor flaw in your thread... the title says "mind" but you talk about the "brain." The brain is the physical machine that controls your body, while the mind is... well... hard to put into words other than that it is our consciousness. Both are equally amazing though! And don't forget the rest of the body. The five senses are equally amazing to me as well. Especially sight... eyes are the most baffling things I've ever seen

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Yes I agree. After climbing a mountain and crawling, twisting and worming my way through a cave I can say it wasn't a great feeling coming back to society and all the dense states that dwell amongst.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The miracle of your sheer existence, or consiousness for that matter is miraculous. The brain is an incredibly intricate system. I love the fact we still haven't exactly figured it out.
Emotions, intuition, creativity, opinion, taste... Oh, the wonder...

Apart from your eyes all your other senses are equally magnificent.

Did you know ancient culture held smell for the strongest trigger of memory!? Ever since I knew that I realised smell can bring back very specific memories.
The first beautiful day of the year, you can smell it. A childhood memory, a smell is enough. Animals recognise eachother by smell. Etc.

I'm pretty wasted right now and you've gotten me on a good train of tought for the night bro!

peace

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
The Workings of The SOUL are also very, very Beautiful…

This Shows the “Partition Map” of The New Soul involving what is referred to as The New Jerusalem in the Ancient Christian Writings…

This is "The Son of MAN" also known as "The MAN Child" in the "City".

The Large "Disc" is called a Horse in "The Revelation of Jesus Christ", where the Word "Horse" is Not the Animal variety, but is used in the Context of meaning LARGE & ROUND like A "Horse Chestnut" is a LARGE Round Chest Nut…

The drawing below, shows "The MAN Child" in the “City Partition Map” and "The 24 Elders", The Square Temporary Registers of The SOUL. …

All these are "Components" of The "Processing System" in The SOUL

I now have a Library of more than fifty Thousand, (50,00) similar Drawings showing All the "Components" of The "SOUL and how The "Operating System" of The SOUL Functions in Great detail…

new topics

top topics

join