It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Privileged

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Presuming that the average male ejaculate contains 40,000,000 sperm it is most unlikely statistically that any of us should be viewing this thread. Most of us should be down the toilet pan or failed attempts at egg penetration.
So when we are feeling a bit under the weather it is worth considering how privileged we are to actually exist/have a conscience and how we are billions of one against the odds of existing.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dr treg

Well, that's an interesting thought. I believe that the mind is, or can be separate from the body, or in this case, the sperm. So I guess it wouldn't matter which sperm makes it. The same mind would presumably go with whatever sperm fertilizes the egg. I haven't really thought about it to that extent though. I guess now I have to consider at what point a sperm is connected with a mind.
edit on 4/18/2011 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I guess when you consider it that way a successful pregnancy would seem against the odds. However, try explaining that to all the teen moms, and people dealing with unwanted pregnancies.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
what about the odds of living in the industrialized world. I don't know if you guys are in the Western world or not. I am white middle class male in the USA in the 21st century. That is hitting the sperm lottery as well.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by scojak
reply to post by dr treg

Well, that's an interesting thought. I believe that the mind is, or can be separate from the body, or in this case, the sperm. So I guess it wouldn't matter which sperm makes it. The same mind would presumably go with whatever sperm fertilizes the egg. I haven't really thought about it to that extent though. I guess now I have to consider at what point a sperm is connected with a mind.
edit on 4/18/2011 by scojak because: (no reason given)

Like a football game, where the sperm are the players and the mind is the ball - they don't care who get's there first, just aslong as someone gets it to the end zone? Like that?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Like I've said before:

I can't believe you were once the fastest and the smarest of your kind!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by dr treg

Bill Hicks on the subject:

Do you know what that means? I've wiped nations off've my chest with a grey gymsock. Entire civilizations have flaked and crusted in the hair around my navel....

You are not special just the result of a collective effort.....

Peace

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
speak for yourself, i kinda hate living, trapped in this body...have to think, have to work, have to survive, your body will fail you if something else doesn't kill you. and then you've gotta live with other people. i cant stand other people sometimes. the fact that i didnt have a choice to live is a little disturbing.

what the hell am i talking about
edit on 19-4-2011 by vjr1113 because: idk

new topics

top topics

join