It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The internet - Complete freedom or the beginning of enslavement?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Ok here goes, my first real thread on ATS.

As I'm sure you're all aware the internet has fast been siezed upon by the corporate establishment and has quickly turned into a hotbed of activism, extremism, advertising and uncontrollable content.

However, after a bout of paranoia and anxiety of which I had never experienced there leaves alot to be answered about this new universe man has created.
Over the last few years the monopolisation of the internet by mega corporations has been ramped up increasingly, with hubs for independence like youtube quickly being snapped up and turned into money making machines as well as being used to monitor every piece of content on earth.
For the sake of time I'm going to post a few quotes of the internet 'giants' and allow them to explain what I'm getting at themselves.

"The goal is to enable Google users to be able to ask the question such as ‘What shall I do tomorrow?’ and ‘What job shall I take?'" - Eric Schmidt, googles chief executive

"If you have something that you don't want anyone to know, maybe you shouldn't be doing it in the first place. If you really need that kind of privacy, the reality is that search engines — including Google — do retain this information for some time and it's important, for example, that we are all subject in the United States to the Patriot Act and it is possible that all that information could be made available to the authorities." - Eric Schmidt

"In a world of asynchronous threats it is too dangerous for there not to be some way to identify you. We need a [verified] name service for people. Governments will demand it." He also said that "If I look at enough of your messaging and your location, and use artificial intelligence, we can predict where you are going to go. Show us 14 photos of yourself and we can identify who you are. You think you don't have 14 photos of yourself on the internet? You've got Facebook photos!"

Now this is not a google hate thread, google seems to have the genuine intention for the betterment of humanity (even if I don't agree with their tactics) but what I am looking to point out is that this mass of information on everyone, is that not enslavement?

20 or 30 years down the line I think it's safe to say that if humanity survives all of the wars, famines, diseases etc which many on here (myself included) feel are inevitable, almost the entire planet will be hardwired into this system we call the internet. I know I'm going to get some flack as I'm relying on email addresses, the internet and I found ATS searching google for conspiracy websites (Am I a hypocrite?) but I feel it is only normal that a person be genuinely concerned about the increasing surveilance culture prevalent throughout the world (especially here in the UK) as well as the increased monitoring of any and all communications throughout the world.

I would like the end this post with a question, though the internet provides almost limitless opportunities, if these are constantly monitored, backed up, saved to databases and shared with the authorities are we really free? Is the internet exactly what the NWO needs for it to succeed?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Ofcourse. I was gonna do a thread you had more of the patients to post the qoutes then I would have probably had. But yeah this is called the high tech control grid. Or I have made up a new friendly term of the high tech illusion entrapment system. The illusion of this technology is so convienient why not give out vital information. The illusion of I don;t need cash. The entrapment of especially the youth what do I do and how am I supposed to live with out this technology??

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Now this is not a google hate thread, google seems to have the genuine intention for the betterment of humanity (even if I don't agree with their tactics) but what I am looking to point out is that this mass of information on everyone, is that not enslavement?
reply to post by lifeissacred

No google seems to have the genuine intention of becoming the spy arm of the empire! are you serious all the tracking. and not just data tracking either. And one more thing when I heard Google was working with NASA that was all I needed to know.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Hello OP. At first it might appear that there are people (simple humans) or corporations (or governments) who are in control of civilization and the technologies which service reality. That is the first delusion. Actually, it is the machines who are already supervising humanity and making decisions which are considered unquestionable.

Your cell phone tracks you. The government collects the data. Google sorts it and searches it. Every non cash purchase is entered into a computer.... tracking you mercilessly
Computer eyes scan the products you buy. All your utility accounts (especially data accounts) are harvested for information which will only continue to make the system more robust and predictive.

This situation could lead to artificial intelligence and I believe it is only a matter of time. It's not all bad though. The computers will determine who receives Earth's richness of resources and how much. That will be the end of Western nations gluttony.

The near future will have AI and VR. The computers consider all humans basically the same - resource consumers. No humans will be allowed to accumulate wealth or resources ever again. The machines will take care of everything for us in the most efficient way possible.

You won't ever want to log out of the system because it was designed with your input! Every word you type online is collectable and sortable and correllated against the machine's resource data base.

There are some anti-tech types out there who have the desire to unplug from the system but they will find themselves needing resources which are protected by Terminator and RoboCop. Assimilation is pretty much a given at this point in the game.

Humans are migrating from analog to digital in huge droves. Arrogant humans are already mesmerized by so-called "smart phones". Have you seen them? So many have already become enslaved by this idea that technology makes the smarter. Neither you nor I can do anything to prevent this tsunami of technology that marks the cusp of this trancendental step in human evolution.

Humans have certain evolutionary advantages like hope and problem solving. But the machines are quickly learning to mimic these evolutionary advantages. Take a thing like pattern recognition, for example. The adverts on this site are pushed to you based on your browsing history and the pages you read.

I can conceive of only one methodology that can thwart the machine takeover: Pull the Plugs. All of Them. Do it NOW. But everyone must do it together. The machines already know that this won't happen. Too many are already connected. As I mentioned earlier there are certain benefits to letting AI take over... like living in a future of post-scarcity of resources.

The machines can look at you and determine just how many resources you need. You will get those resources and little more because machines are balancing resource equations for the entire planet and they will do it with AI. Some will believe this is complete freedom while others will believe that it is enslavement.

Check out the lengthy monologues in the first Matrix film. Morpheus is telling you like it is.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
This is a great thread. I will say only this, the creators of the internet are the military, it says a lot.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

Actually it was a scientist / mil joint thing. en.wikipedia.org...

I think the internet is fine. If anything it HELPS your freedom because you can quickly disperse information between peers. The only problem is when the internet goes down, people need a form of back up communication. As a back up I suggest ham radio type equipment.

You can call anything a prison. It is all words, but is it reality? I do not think so.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeissacred
Ok here goes, my first real thread on ATS.

As I'm sure you're all aware the internet has fast been siezed upon by the corporate establishment and has quickly turned into a hotbed of activism, extremism, advertising and uncontrollable content.

However, after a bout of paranoia and anxiety of which I had never experienced there leaves alot to be answered about this new universe man has created.
Over the last few years the monopolisation of the internet by mega corporations has been ramped up increasingly, with hubs for independence like youtube quickly being snapped up and turned into money making machines as well as being used to monitor every piece of content on earth.
For the sake of time I'm going to post a few quotes of the internet 'giants' and allow them to explain what I'm getting at themselves.

"The goal is to enable Google users to be able to ask the question such as ‘What shall I do tomorrow?’ and ‘What job shall I take?'" - Eric Schmidt, googles chief executive

"If you have something that you don't want anyone to know, maybe you shouldn't be doing it in the first place. If you really need that kind of privacy, the reality is that search engines — including Google — do retain this information for some time and it's important, for example, that we are all subject in the United States to the Patriot Act and it is possible that all that information could be made available to the authorities." - Eric Schmidt

"In a world of asynchronous threats it is too dangerous for there not to be some way to identify you. We need a [verified] name service for people. Governments will demand it." He also said that "If I look at enough of your messaging and your location, and use artificial intelligence, we can predict where you are going to go. Show us 14 photos of yourself and we can identify who you are. You think you don't have 14 photos of yourself on the internet? You've got Facebook photos!"

20 or 30 years down the line I think it's safe to say that if humanity survives all of the wars, famines, diseases etc which many on here (myself included) feel are inevitable, almost the entire planet will be hardwired into this system we call the internet. I know I'm going to get some flack as I'm relying on email addresses, the internet and I found ATS searching google for conspiracy websites (Am I a hypocrite?) but I feel it is only normal that a person be genuinely concerned about the increasing surveilance culture prevalent throughout the world (especially here in the UK) as well as the increased monitoring of any and all communications throughout the world.

I would like the end this post with a question, though the internet provides almost limitless opportunities, if these are constantly monitored, backed up, saved to databases and shared with the authorities are we really free? Is the internet exactly what the NWO needs for it to succeed?

Dont think it has anything to do with Google, Facebook or any of those type sites.....main thing is that it gives the powers that be all the control they need to keep track of any individual they have a notion to track....for whatever the reason. Not to mention with all the news networks and media on the Net....and we all know who controls what they say or do!! And who in the beggining actually created the Internet....yep you guessed it...the Government!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by tracer

Yes I was merely using google as an example of how integrated we are into the internet nowadays, it's hard to imagine life without it.

top topics

join