It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it a Conspiracy: Kenyan Runners Totally Dominate the Boston Marathon?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I don't know, but I keep hearing more and more about the supremacy of Kenya's athletes. Is it a matter of time before a Kenyan leads the NFL in rushing? I mean, we can't have just Samoans taking precedence on the American gridiron.

Could Kenya conceivably field a team in the NBA?

There's no end in sight, methinks.

BOSTON (AP)
Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai won the Boston Marathon in 2 hours, 3 minutes, 2 seconds - the fastest anyone has ever run the 26.2-mile distance.

Caroline Kilel won the women's race to complete the Kenyan sweep, outsprinting American Desiree Davila to win by two seconds, in 2:22:36

msn.foxsports.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
That's funny, I just watched a film in sociology class today about stereotypes involving races, and one of the topics covered was Kenyans and blacks in general excelling in sports. Kenyans typically have longer legs, because people from Africa over the past thousands of years have been running more than people anywhere else in the world, so naturally they are better at running thanks to evolution. Some people from different regions in Africa were for the most part built differently than those of other regions, so people from one area might be stronger and build better for football, while descendants of Africans from another region might be tall and skinny which allows them to excel at distance running.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
they dominated the london marathon aswell just this weekend gone.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur
That sir about sums it up perfectly.No conspiracy just long legged Kenyans who have tried to outrun cheetahs for thousands of years.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

They seem to win every race they are in. I heard it was because Kenya was way up high and the air was thin there.

Oh and being black helps, they are better athletes overall, I don't care what anyone says.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

better runners yes, but put them in water or try to make them lift weights and you will soon see that they are not better at every athletic event.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by lewman

Well I think there are some sports they haven't come around to yet, but once they do they usually take over. As far as swimming, it is true that alot of black people dont know how to swim. (most of my black friends cant swim). I just look at it as the way society is. Most blacks that grow up in the inner city, don't have access to a pool. I grew up in a nice middle class neighborhood and had a pool in just about every house. Or maybe its ingrained in them from the slave days when the master would tell them scary things about the water so they wouldn't try to swim away.

I dont know jeez.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by fredvcall

It would be my guess that you don't know much about running? Kenyans have dominated the sport of long-distance running for decades now. I was an All-American in cross country in college. Top 25 finishers in the nationals received all-american status. I finished 42nd, but because there were so many Kenyans in front of me(they are excluded from all-american status) that I actually finished top 15 of Americans. Kenyans can't sprint very fast though.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

What will you complain about next?

Are you a paid RNC troll?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Many of the North American plains natives drop out of the running sports in their early teens. Which is really too bad, because if they didn't there would be threads about how they were "dominating" in triatholon and such.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

I think he just hates Kenyans.

This is the same guy that started a thread asking about the best man at Obama's wedding. Probably another birther.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Well now we know why Kenya usurped the American Constitution and installed Barack Obama in the White House: So he could rig the Boston Marathon and have the Kenyans win! How could I not have seen this before?
edit on 18-4-2011 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I had a similar argument with a very liberal sociology professor in my college halcyon days. Angelo Dundee, manager for Muhammed Ali, said that black fighters had the advantage that their skin did not cut as easily as white fighters.

Now, that's Angelo Dunded said that. I just repeated it in the class. Wow. The liberals went berserk saying I was being racist.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I don't know, but I keep hearing more and more about the supremacy of Kenya's athletes. Is it a matter of time before a Kenyan leads the NFL in rushing? I mean, we can't have just Samoans taking precedence on the American gridiron.

Nah. A running back is built short, squat, and stout, just the opposite of the Kenyan runners. But they would probably make for good wide receivers, though.

I agree with the person who surmised that their skill is a result of outrunning cheetahs. Speaking of hungry cheetahs, check this out:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthwormJim
That sir about sums it up perfectly.No conspiracy just long legged Kenyans who have tried to outrun cheetahs for thousands of years.

Long legs and short torsos. They are not very tall. Just mostly legs? At least that's what I've seen of them in films and such.

Hey, the Kenyan woman wasn't that much slower than the Kenyan guy.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
reply to post by mayabong

better runners yes, but put them in water or try to make them lift weights and you will soon see that they are not better at every athletic event.

NASCAR.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Today's wide receivers are as tall as basketball players, with similar arm lengths. Naw. I don't think Kenyans would make good wide outs. More like a short inside route like a Wes Welker type.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I watched the Human Planet last night where the Africans showed how they steal wildebeest kill from a pack of lions. First, they bluff the lions into thinking they are in danger. Then the Africans run in with knives. slice off a chunk of wildebeest, then hightail it out before the lions realize they were bluffed an return to restake their claim.

Yeah, a lot of practice in running fast.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Good video. Did you know that Cheetahs are the only big cats that purr?

Anyway, this is the second time they moved this posting. Guess people are complaining.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by fredvcall
There's no end in sight, methinks.

I would call the "no end in sight", "no end evolution", maybe it's accelerating in the "big melting pot" who knows a few thousand years hence.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join