It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman : Let's install a ticking debt clock on the House floor

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Nice try, but military spending at the level we do it is graft and con more then anything else. Just because it's in the constitution doesn't mean we should spend to the gates of hell at levels dozens of times the rest of the world combined.

Draw down by at least half, over 15 years, mostly through attrition, and raise taxes back to 1985 levels. Deficit cris averted.

I'm sick of paying protection to the military industrial complex.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
reply to post by neo96

Nice try, but military spending at the level we do it is graft and con more then anything else. Just because it's in the constitution doesn't mean we should spend to the gates of hell at levels dozens of times the rest of the world combined.

Draw down by at least half, over 15 years, mostly through attrition, and raise taxes back to 1985 levels. Deficit cris averted.

I'm sick of paying protection to the military industrial complex.

Instead of saying "lets return to 1985 tax brackets" why don't you really say "I want government to take 50% of someones income if they are really rich".

Do you seriously not see a problem with government taking half of someones income? Really?

Interesting you also only focused on military spending, why not eliminate ALL unconstitutional spending, including all of these ridiculous entitlement programs as well?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ViperChili

I certainly see a problem with that! Social welfare programs, including earmarks, implemented by sides of the line have been a complete and utter burden on the tax payer.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Vitchilo

Oh yes, let's waste more money on political gimmicks and props.

Then maybe we can install a scoreboard...to keep track of ridiculous, money wasting, non-productive ideas.

And also administration and congressional member flip-flops, broken campaign promises and outright lies.

It should be like the scoreboard in a basketball arena hanging over everyone's head.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
After reviewing the many pages of this thread, Im appalled on how many of these so called " respected" members of this site lack the basic fundamentals, much less a basic understanding of the Constitution.

It is mind boggling really. No wonder nothing in congress gets done. If there are as many idiots in Congress as there are on this site, it would explain everything!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

well one could make a constitutional arguement for the military presence in the world

under the general welfare clause(which means the well being of the state itself)

and the commerce clause.

if there is no safe environment here or out there that makes it possible for people to earn cash and the goods and services that are required to fund the government

if nothing is being produced here or there there is no money for nothing else not government and not for those people who work and provide for themselves and what they produce for others.

i am not trying to legitmize or delegitmize our presence out there but most people are not thinking about the larger picture.

i have heard many people say where in the constitution does it say we have a right to wage war.

well the oath of the office is to protect and defend the people and this country
edit on 19-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Vitchilo

Oh yes, let's waste more money on political gimmicks and props.

Then maybe we can install a scoreboard...to keep track of ridiculous, money wasting, non-productive ideas.

And also administration and congressional member flip-flops, broken campaign promises and outright lies.

It should be like the scoreboard in a basketball arena hanging over everyone's head.

And it would be a perpetual tie...hence a massive waste of time and money.

Which was kind of my point.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join