It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon contradicts Napolitano's Mexican border assessment

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Here's a novel idea.
Quit buying drugs!
Dry up the drug trade and these drug lords loose power.
Of course it'll never happen.
I think this is all planed like others have said.
But remember if you buy drugs YOU HAVE BLOOD ON YOUR HANDS.
Even if it's just pot.
STOP IT you don't need it anyway.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

We have around 1/10th of our military engaged in combat operations overseas. If you include reserves and National Guard that falls to around 1/20th.

Bear in mind, combined US reserve and active duty personnel total around 3 million.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

We have around 1/10th of our military engaged in combat operations overseas. If you include reserves and National Guard that falls to around 1/20th.

So then what are we waiting for a declaration of war from the cartels? Isn't this why NORTHCOM exists?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Janet Napolitano’s recent description of a U.S.-Mexico border that’s “as secure as it has ever been"

Probably not a lie, since it's never been secure.

But what really angers me is the stance Napolitano currently takes:

Just last month Napolitano declared that violence along the Mexican border is
merely a mistaken “perception” because the area is safe and “open for business."

and

Napolitano accused critics of the Obama Administration of exaggerating the problems on the U.S.-Mexican border.

versus her stance when she was Governor of Arizona.
She saw things very differently back then when she could be held accountable.

Among the nation's top Democrats, Napolitano has developed some of the toughest policies against illegal immigration.
She was one of the first major politicians to call for deployment of the National Guard along the border and declared a state of emergency in her state's counties nearest Mexico.
She has aggressively pursued smugglers in Arizona.
In February, she joined with Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman Jr. (R) to outline a plan for immigration reform that called for more funding for border security, more visas for foreign workers and no blanket amnesty for illegal immigrants.

"The thing was allowed to fester and fester and fester," Napolitano said.
"Not only did the traffic move to Arizona, but it was left untended by the feds for so long, you had this growing public frustration and perception that control of the border in Arizona had been lost."

"As U.S. attorney," Myers said, "she was very enforcement-minded."

washington post

But she, like every other politician changes, her position on things in accordance with who's lining her pockets at the time.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by shtf2012

Whether or not I buy drugs affects illegals coming over looking for jobs how?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

We are waiting on two things:

1. The Will
2. The Right Time

In terms of will, popular support for intervention has to be initially over 50% in order to ensure that Congress passes the initial legislation that authorizes intervention. Mexico will not be a 90 day operation and will require some form of Congressional approval.

The Right Time is usally charcterized by not only over 50% of the population supporting it, but demanding it. We are not there yet.

Have patience.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

Oh did i say something about jobs?
Let me see....nope.
But if you buy drugs you've help kill someone.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

In the southern states yea, up north the drugs come mostly from Canada. Our DOH has been dropping the ball all across the board. Look into Operation Fast & Furious. The BATF is part of the DOH and they have contributed to the mess in Mexico.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

Yes they are actually allowing guns into the country.
But like i said i think this is all a big plan for intervention later on down the road.
Lot's of oil in Mexico if Iraq does not pan out.
Never think that your government is so inept.
Things go to hell for a reason.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Here's a novel idea. Quit buying drugs! Dry up the drug trade and these drug lords loose power. Of course it'll never happen. I think this is all planed like others have said. But remember if you buy drugs YOU HAVE BLOOD ON YOUR HANDS. Even if it's just pot. STOP IT you don't need it anyway.

Well I wouldn't go that far, just buy local!!!

I'm up in the North east and I can assure you none of my weed comes from mexican smugglers. It's grown in a nice suburban area

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I am curious here, as to those living right on the edge and not those like myself on the web, what would you like to see implemented ?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

But like i said i think this is all a big plan for intervention later on down the road.

Oh, did you say something about a big plan for intervention later on down the road?
Let me see....Nope.

I buy all of my produce local, so I have no blood on my sticky, sticky hands.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Mid south here and it all comes across the border where i'm at.
I know i sound dramatic just hoping someone sees some helpful inspiration in it.
No harm no foul.
But remember to put childish (drugs) things away.
edit on 18-4-2011 by shtf2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oaktree

Oh, did you say something about a big plan for intervention later on down the road?
Let me see....Nope.

I buy all of my produce local, so I have no blood on my sticky, sticky hands.

I believe that it shows in your attitude.
Go ahead and burn your brain out.
It's already reflecting in your posts.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
There is only one way to beat the drug lords, no matter how many guards, guns or soldiers you put on the border they will get past it, because the of the huge profits, corruption and ingenuity will always see the drugs coming through, or growing and production will move to US soil.

The only way to beat them is to remove the profit, and you can only do that by legalising, or at least decriminalising. Licensed outlets, controlled supply. It takes the 100's of billions that are going into criminal hands and puts it in the governments hand. Prohibition doesn't work the 30's proved that, all prohibition did was lead to the rise of organised gangs.

It maybe you are against drugs, but the "Just say no" approach is not going to work, people want recreational drugs, whether it be alcohol, pot, coke or heroin. No argument from you, me or anyone else is going to stop people wanting the drugs. And besides is it not their own personal choice?

Want to stop the violence, stop the gangs, legalise, either that or live with it and watch it move to a town near you soon

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

duly noted and obviously enough not discarded as feedback.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

True people will do what they like.
But the BEST approach is just say no i don't need it.
Do it for yourself.
(Not insinuating anything just saying)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by shtf2012

Do it for yourself.

Sadly the majority are not aware that they can actually alter their life...its something that a 50's campaign is backfiring as we speak

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar

Originally posted by shtf2012

Do it for yourself.

Sadly the majority are not aware that they can actually alter their life...its something that a 50's campaign is backfiring as we speak

Oh believe me i can speak from experience.
I've been there and done that.
It's a dead end road and yes it alters your personality.
Now all i have to do is quit the cancer sticks.
Wish me luck.
But i diverge we must not high jack the thread.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
To quit something that you knowingly are aware that is killing you or lets say it on a more intellectual level will eventually deprive you from your natural life span is anything and everything from rational. Now back to human cerebral interaction, you are well aware that inhaling multiple chemicals will deprive you from you life span, so what exactly are you * attempting with me since you alone cannot alter the very aspect of your biological outcome.
edit on 18-4-2011 by tristar because: you *

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join