It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocker: Goldman Sachs and Executive Charged With Fraud

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

ALL RIGHT!

Campaign contributions aside, they BETTER follow through on this one!

S&F&

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
They will put on a show, we will all clap, the secretary will get blamed for the computer glitch, and they will replace both.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
reply to post by R_Clark

ALL RIGHT!

Campaign contributions aside, they BETTER follow through on this one!

S&F&

Sorry 404 error engaged...next order of business.... :-)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
The problem with this is these guys are just the pawns, the real crooks at the top live in Rome, these are the guys that need to be taken out as they will not go quietly check out this page for the truth all the way to the top

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
get ready, I predict another false flag.
the evidence the SEC gathered against
Enron and WorldCom ended up burning
at the pile of rubble of WTC7.

There is a Soros connection to GS.
Soros uses GS to launder money
into and out of Wall Street.

Why isn't Soros named here ???
cuz he is the link to Rothschilds.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Mr. Soros is just cog in the wheel, but when he decides to fund or host on a multiple level speakers one must take care. Keep in mind, what that individual earns in a year we or should i say the majority barely push to make a 1% within a single life time. So sure i respect what you are pointing out but one needs to take into consideration that is is not your average person who works for a particular company. He is the very person who pays those who you assume work for others. By him openly applying himself within the media indicates that sh!t has hit that fan and its not about six figure digits but rather 12-15 figure digits.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Only a Hitler can fix this financial mess. The financial and economic mess of the U.S. is not much different from the the financial and economic mess of 1930's Germany.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
'Bout damned time SEC. Where the hell have you been for 4 years!

What the hell does it take for the SEC to actually ENFORCE fraud these days?
Your job ain't done SEC. Next is JP Morgan, B of A, and a few others.

to put in perspective on how inept or corrupt and useless the sec, it would be like the federal police in colombia and the dea announcing that in the last 4 years they have managed to catch one person in all of colombia for coc aine trafficking.

edit on 18-4-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Even if this ends up going to court, the execs can use their billions of dollars to hire the most kick-ass team of lawyers ever assembled... getting off with probably little-more than a small fine and a slap on the wrist.

As much as people hope for and believe, it's just plain and simple that the legal system is never going to be able to bring criminals like these to real justice, as power in the courtroom is purchasable.

In the end, it's going to be up to the people- not the system- to get rid of these slimy, lying dirt-faced bastards.

It's how it's always been, and always will be. The systems of all civilizations always favor the rich and powerful- the elite. Only a fool would assume that the system can be used to take out the people who control it.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
The real news is that Fabrice is a pretty low-level guy. He did what his bosses tell him to do: make money for Goldman by doing what our clients want us to. The culprits are the bosses who decide what is OK or not. Fabrice doesn't get to decide---if his bosses tell him to make the deal he makes the deal. Are THEY going to be charged? Hmmmmmmm......wanna make a bet?

Actually in the whole thing I think Goldman is less culpable than say Washington Mutual or Countrywide.

Goldman was right---there was a housing bubble. Is it better to be short housing, or long strong, and wrong, like AIG?

WAMU and Countrywide CEOs utterly looted their companies---with plenty of internal risk managers saying that there was massive fraud. Killinger and Mozillo and plenty of others like them ought to be in prison. In the 1st S&L crisis hundreds to thousands went to jail for doing much smaller shenanigans.

edit on 19-4-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
At least a high ranking official has forever, tarnished the buisness and record of this bank all on his own
i hope he goes to a public prison system, amongst all the rapists, murderers, molesters, drug dealers, instead of some fancy federal prison. thats how you teach people sometimes..be amongst the less than or average taxpayers who did wrong in the system
kinda like shawshank redemption...see if he cries he dosnt belong thier

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by R_Clark

Shocker: Goldman Sachs and Executive Charged With Fraud

www.truth-out.org

Washington - The Securities and Exchange Commission Friday charged Goldman Sachs & Co. and one of its executives with fraud in a risky offshore deal backed by subprime mortgages that cost investors more than $1 billion.

The SEC also contends that Goldman allowed a client, Wall Street hedge fund Paulson & Co., to help select the securities to be sold. Paulson in turn bought insurance against the deal and when the securities tanked, losing almost all their value, Paulson made a $1 billion profit.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Now why would this be a shocker? why would you even say shocker? We as american peoples know the truth, but yet we do nothing. so sheeple go on now, follow the herd. Keep in line and stay that way.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
He is just a man like you and me, and should be treated no differnet. allhe has, is a higher level of education and helped ratify documents so hed get special treatment. very unfair. thats like saying its illegal to send a CEO or executive to the electric chair because of a corporation. but if it were you or me, wede be riding that lightning. another reason why corporations suck. their poeple have helped change laws, so THEY get special treatment if caught, while laying off god knows how many legal taxpayers to look better on wallstreet.
im glad he got cuaght, and hope he goes to a public prison system. nad knowing he has left a nice paper trail with goldman sachs, tarnishing thier emplyment position, as a leader
makes it all the better. word n news does travel
and the smart ones, will take thier accoutns out n go somewhere else. in the end though, most of the big banks are all the same, like AIG, ect. just havnt been caught yet.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by CouncilOfNine

Great Moniker.. Second time in 24 hours I had heard of Klovenbach. I guess there must be something to it.. Cream rises to the top?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Completly agree!!!!! don't remember where I read it or who said it but its the truth. if you rob a corner store you have to pay what you took and plus assorted fees and penalties, you rob someone for BILLIONS, and you get to use the money you stole to pay legal fees and the million dollar fine, and maybe you get a couple years soft time.

no justice for small criminals, so the moral of the story is to be BIG TIME CRIMINAL, you get off lighter.
edit on 19-4-2011 by svpwizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

My response:
ONLY ONE?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
When these things happen they should forfeit everything, when you steal billions and get fined for a few million who's going to stop?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
This is the America we live in:
We waste millions of dollars on Barry Bonds, we shut down poker sites and are going to indict them.......wall street steals billions of dollars, ruins millions of lives.....AND WE GIVE THEM MONEY?

George Washington is rolling in his grave right now.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Shocker? What shocker? They'll be found innocent and act like nothing happened. They'll pay the best lawyers and bribe their way out.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
The conflict of interest with so many government employees makes me sick to say the least. My first thought when I read the thread title should have been "Yay, finally!!! , " but unfortunately I find it hard to believe that anyone will go down for any of these financial crimes committed against the public. It's funny how they didn't waste any time with Madoff, when you really stop to think that these banksters are doing pretty much the same thing. At least from what I understand of everything.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join