It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your version of UTOPIA?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Just read a thread and want to see where this idea may lead.
I believe Utopia would be different for everyone, so this universal state of being cannot be fulfilled.

So, what is your version of UTOPIA?
How would a perfect world be to you?

You tell me yours, I'll tell you mine!
edit on 4/18/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
earth, without money.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
all races live together without a religion to divide us, we all work for the good of everyone else and enjoy a good party a couple times a week together.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

agreed. We should live in small communities. and to destroy racism the communities should be made up of as many races as possible.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

What about racism, classism and sexism?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Since the term refers to a corporeal society, I would imagine that there are only certain types of people who could psychologically exist within a utopian society. Aggression and competition would inherently eliminate a person from being capable of utopian existence. Self-centerness and ambition would also prove to be unworkable within such a society, since sharing and equality are the hallmarks of peaceful co-existence.

There are some who suggest that the authoritarian model, absolute rulers and willing followers, is the most natural for the human being (bestowing security and needed structure for people to find their place within) but that hasn't ever proven to be true, even in the smallest communities. All it takes is for a new generation of people to emerge, and the wars for dominance begin.

Utopia is communal. Few people can be communal, and when dealing with emerging generations, the likelihood of consistency within the community degrades fairly quickly. Utopia may not be possible.
edit on 4/18/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
no money, clean air, clean water, free flow of information (the free flow of information would snuff out religion and all of it's bigotry over time)
edit on 18-4-2011 by YouDeserveToKnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum

if people were properly educated they would be non-effective. it's because of our poor systems and huge pile of apathy that we even have those isms.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

they would kill another username if I posted my Utopia. I would get banned again.
you know as far as ATS goes: this best describes my experience here on ATS and my opinion.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

if people were properly educated they would be non-effective. it's because of our poor systems and huge pile of apathy that we even have those isms.

What about genetic, physical and mental attributes. Some will be healthier, stronger and smarter then others.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Kurzweil has a nice dream I am on board with
Drexler also, however, his might be a bit less practical

basically, a highly advanced race, so advanced that the tech on say, star trek next generation is very real, and no fallacys in place

such as, why do they have the ability to teleport people, and create replicated foods, yet no ability to rip out diseases and cancers, or back up a person's genetic code and brain so they can "restore" themselves.

in a world with the tech star trek shows, there would be no old age, disease, or even death considering how profound the tech is they show...

But anyhow, long story short...if an advanced nano assembler was able to be invented, and of course the general public had their nano assembly/disassembly machines, utopia would come overnight
no want, no need, no materialistic wars, nothing except what you want to do to fulfill your personal desires and understandings.

until that point, humanity is slaves by nature trying to fight to exist tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ISRAELdid911

Send me a message then, you have my attention.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn
earth, without money.

Fine go live in the stone age, you can't have an advanced civilization without trade, its impossible.

My version of utopia: Earth with a monetary system based around trade sustained by a free market. This is very possible, its just people are apparently too dumb to figure it out. I have such a system in memory, but I am waiting for others to come to the same logical conculsion. Well, at least I am waiting for people to come to the steps that lead to such logic.

I will give you some of the basics to work out in your mind. First, inflation of the monetary system MUST be determined by trade. Therefore, inflation must be somehow tied to each and every transaction. This is actually accomplished fairly easily, but I will leave you to ponder how this is done. Second, deflation must be a ratio of time over inflation. Therefore, deflation must be tied to the rate of inflation to keep things balanced. Lastly, there must be a way to supply initial credit without debt so the system can keep going. Such initial credit leads to a very interesting conclusion and I will leave you to ponder that as well.

Such a monetary system will be able to expand when trade increases and can contract when trade decreases. Also, due to the monetary system being balanced like it is through the free market it can maintain a steady rate without expanding or contracting. Overall, such a system is superior to our current debt based monetary system as well as all other past monetary system.

Something like this can take some time to think about. I will leave everyone to come up with their own conclusions as to how such a system could work.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I agree we are slaves to the resources on our planet. But soon we will be slaves to the resources in our universe which for all intents and purposes are limitless. There are nebulas of alcohol, stars made of diamond, planets having tons of gold and elements we don't even know about or have uses for yet.
So I can see space travel being pretty much the same as the gold rush, just not to california!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Elzon

I'm already thinking about how to take advantage of such a system.

But good point none the less! Thanks

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Without getting all mushy and unreasonable-

A world without public religion.
A common willingness to negotiate and compromise.
A strong sense of personal honor.
A system in which serious disputes are settled through non-lethal competition and results are honored.
A system in which our military budgets of today become our scientific budgets.

That's a great start and not outside of human potential.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

What about genetic, physical and mental attributes. Some will be healthier, stronger and smarter then others.

what's your point? (not offensive what's your point, but what is it? lol)

I see what your getting at, people will always be different, and an Utopia creates a basis of 'same'.
why can't our differences be beneficial rather then divide us?
what one knows, another doesn't and vice-versa

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
not this, nor anything that will be, anytime soon at all anyways.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Isn't that what we have now to some degree?!?

I think a world of clones might work!?!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I'm petty but to me its a few vicodin, sweet smoke and great sex...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join