It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A mobb attack the JW in Burgas,Bulgary

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
" I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it. "

- Voltaire

Voltaire said it best. No need to throw punches at people though. I mean even the KKK gets protected by police when they march on Washington.

Plus, an idea lives forever. No matter how much these people hate JW, they are not going to get rid of them by violence. (Hitler tried that against the Jews and Israel still stands).

And even if they miraculously DID get rid of them, their philosophies would live on and would be picked up by future generations. As soon as an idea is born, it continues on through history.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by alexandrinos

This is another one.

Anybody speaking Bulgarian care to translate this video?
Coles notes version.
edit on 20-4-2011 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Translation:

5 people were sent to the hospital of the ones that were attacked. 1 had a broken nose. The attackers were interrogated by the police and then released [lol, my country's justice system at its finest].

Spokesperson of VMRO [the name of the group with the flags] says:
The attackers were not part of VMRO, not our guys [you sure about that?]. It is important for the public to realize how these sects get financed and how many people have died/suffered because of them. Members of JW go out around neighborhoods and spread their brochures and propaganda.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's pretty much it, the important points. Guess the attackers never heard of Voltaire or freedom of religion. Even if it is a cult or sect that practices devil worship, it's their right to do so in a free and civilized nation. None of the violent attackers will be punished and the "sects" will continue their work, whatever it might be.

The Bulgarian people must unite against the real threat: the New World Order puppet shadow government that is set up to rob us at every level. Have we learned nothing in the past few decades of corruption and theft? Do we not understand that no existing political party will save us? They are all crooks, the government MUST be removed. Period. We should be inspired by events in Egypt and Lybia and take our country back... or continue as we have for the past 20 years and be robbed by our "leaders" and have high unemployment.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by makelaughnotwar
Sorry but that is False. If you have been hurt by someone in the organization that is no reason to say such things about an entire group of people. Anytime a Crime is committed it is always to be dealt with by the proper authorities in the area. If it was dealt with improperly than that is the fault of individuals and not that or a world wide organization. Just because some Bulgarians use violence doesn't mean all do, Same goes for this. We are all human and no one is perfect, you should remember why we all have the faults we do.

Not sure where in my post that I made a claim of personal injury so I'll jsut consider this a typical attempt at dissembling that the sheep are oh so well trained to do, both to themselves and to 'the world'.

To reiterate, I have no ethical issue with the destruction of any organization that has had a decades long culture of attracting, harboring and protecting child molesters, child abusers and spouse abusers. Sorry, but there are 1000's of victims willing to testify, which means probably 10 of thousands who will not. A former Witness who was just below the governing body finally had to leave the organization because he could no longer stomach the policies and attitudes. Based on his inside knowledge and exposure, he estimates 60% of Witness children are physically or sexually abused. While this number on the surface seems outrageously high, I can confirm based on the smaller sample size I have personally been exposed to (~100 children), the 60% figure matches my own experience pretty well.

Again, no mistake, I am not attacking an individual, I am attacking the organization and in little ways work toward the dissolution of the corrupt leadership and the freeing of the sheep. Thank you for letting me clarify my position and good luck to you if you are one of the innocent.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by zefiro

zefiro, if you do not support violence against them on nationalistic grounds, but you support violence against them because of child abuse cases, do you really think that makes you that much better than these nationalists? Violence against innocents is violence against innocents, no matter which way it's spun.
Also, Silentlambs is anything but an unbiased site. I don't doubt that such crimes have been committed before (though not to such an outrageous degree), but we need to be careful where we get our statistics.

EDIT: After reading your second post, my apologies if you are indeed against such indiscriminate violence, I think I may have gotten a different idea from the wording of your first post
edit on 21/4/11 by HardbeatAcolyte because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by makelaughnotwar

JWs think they have a right to harass people by knocking on their doors and trying to convince them to submit. I reserve the right to chase them off with a broom.

What these thugs did was certainly wrong. However, I wonder if any of them were simply sick of JW visits?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
JWs think they have a right to harass people by knocking on their doors

They don't just think they have a right, they do have the right under law to preach from door-to-door in most nations! Just as you have the right to tell them that you aren't interested. Frankly, chasing them off with a broom is just immature, when all they are earnestly trying to do is help

Originally posted by The Sword
What these thugs did was certainly wrong. However, I wonder if any of them were simply sick of JW visits?

Changes nothing. Bulgarian law allows JWs to construct places of worship, to gather, and to preach. Criminals are criminals, being annoyed with someone gives you no right to assault them.
edit on 21/4/11 by HardbeatAcolyte because: slight elaboration

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
(EDIT: accidental double-post)
edit on 21/4/11 by HardbeatAcolyte because: accidental double-post

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

JWs aren't the only ones that try to convert people though. Isn't that like all Christians also? And probably other groups.

Hey hardcore Christians even show up at my door and are all: "Have you found Jesus?"

People always try to get others to think like they do or join their group. It's not just religious guys either. Even on this forum we try to sway others to agree with us. It's what we do as humans.

Heh, if this mob knew how controlled the media is they'd probably want to go and beat up the owners of the media companies. But nay, they are too busy focusing on the small fries ( going according to plan for all those who want us to fight with each other and divide instead of unite).
edit on 21-4-2011 by Topato because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by zefiro

hurt   
[hurt] Show IPA
verb, hurt, hurt·ing, noun, adjective
–verb (used with object)

to affect adversely; harm: to hurt one's reputation; It wouldn't hurt the lawn if you watered it more often.
to cause mental pain to; offend or grieve: She hurt his feelings by not asking him to the party.

Personal injury wasn't what I meant when I said "Hurt" and I think you know that.

I believe in the Bible and it's teachings. So as far as a "Corrupt Leadership", I serve no man and i'm already free. So as someone who feels we need to be set free i'm sure you will respect that.

As someone who seems so intent on getting numbers out there, let me ask you how your 60% number holds up? If you've witnessed 100 examples (Let's say those are individual cases) of such things, than you know just under 200 people, I understand how the math works, but I don't think that's the case. Since you already said you know 1000's willing to testify and possibly 10's of thousand's that could (Which is still just speculation), your number no longer makes sense. In fact, it actually proves quite the opposite about the organization. How so? There is just over 7 Million Witnesses worldwide, you would have to find 70 000 (individual cases) to just hit 1%. The 1000's you're talking about is much less than 1 percent. Now i'm not trying to demean or belittle anyone that has had any kind of abuse toward them and I certainly do not encourage ANYONE, (Regardless of religion!) to keep that sort of thing quiet.

When you look at the numbers you used in aiding with the "destruction" of the organization, I think you can agree that 60% is a very creative number and that in fact, it's actually at a lower rate than that of the general populous.

Studies show that 50% of Abuse comes from someone within the family (Uncles/Aunts, Brothers/Sisters). Only 10% comes from complete strangers. - I bring this up because as a JW you generally associate with other JW's. So if that is your circle friends, and something was to happen then, according to that statistic it would likely be someone that's a JW. Personally, Religion is the last thing that comes to mind when being cautious of who's around a child.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join