It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A mobb attack the JW in Burgas,Bulgary

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

A mobb attack the JW in Burgas,Bulgary

www.youtube.com

Protest against a meeting of the "Jehovah's Witnesses" in Burgas, Bulgaria***
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
A group of nationalist party of VRMO attacked with violence the meeting of Jehovas Witnesses in Burgas, the second biggest town in Bulgary, hearting some of them. I didn´t knew that the nationalism is so tolerated in this country.
Who is VRMO? www.vmro.org... , a link in bulgarian language.

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Violence used against the non-violent only gets them more followers, since bible says a people known by my name will be persecuted it will help them grow.
If you didagree with a group and what they teach you need to show resistance by intelligent argument not stupid violence which only shows how low you are and certainly will not turn anyone away from their religion.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I can't help but wonder what their specific complaint about the JW is? While there are many criticisms of the organization, I can't determine any threat to nationalist views here.

Just goes to show that patriotism can be used to justify anything.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
I can't help but wonder what their specific complaint about the JW is? While there are many criticisms of the organization, I can't determine any threat to nationalist views here.

I understand your point and am not accusing
you directly of this but would like to state that
patriotism does not justify this, nothing justifies
this, what they did was disgusting actions by
'nationalists' who have nothing better to do than
attack the innocent. There is no patriotism
about this. It is just to spread their message
of hate.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I don't know anything about the story other than what is in this thread but my first guess was that it's because they refuse to bow to any flag or nation. That might get some nationalists panties in a twist.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

I understand your point and am not accusing
you directly of this but would like to state that
patriotism does not justify this, nothing justifies
this, what they did was disgusting actions by
'nationalists' who have nothing better to do than
attack the innocent. There is no patriotism
about this. It is just to spread their message
of hate.

By all means, thank you for the comment. I did not mean it was 'acceptable' as an excuse... just that it seems many are prepared to accept it... as these people demonstrated. I suspect the mob was feeling quite "patriotic" at the time.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Often, priests of state-sanctioned religion were behind the violence, inciting people to drive out anything new that's a threat to their religious monopoly.

At other times (Stalinist USSR), the state drove all religious people out, mostly to Siberia, because religious thinking did not agree with the state's (it's harder to get people to worship the state if they worship some god).

Don't know the details of this case (or who is behind it), but in any case, were they able to achieve anything by that act? JWs were persecuted in many parts of the world, and their numbers grew nonetheless.
edit on 18/4/2011 by gandalph because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Thank you alexandrinos for this topic, starred & flagged.
These nationalists are cowardly thugs to prey on pacifists like this
I know that Jehovah's Witnesses are a very hardy and dedicated people, they didn't yield to the persecution of the Nazis during WWII, and they will not yield to this intimidation. I only hope the injured will recover, and these violent animals are suitably punished by law
edit on 18/4/11 by HardbeatAcolyte because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by alexandrinos

Bored idiots that need a job. Stuff like this tarnishes the image of good Bulgarians...

Glupavi hora bez rabota. Unishtojavate imadga na dobrite Bulgari s tezi gluposti...

(Btw it's Bulgaria, not Bulgary- the name of the country)

Yes my fellow countrymen do stupid things at times but such is life... Bad news is more interesting than good news ): Violence is not the answer here however... Remember that an idea lives forever, and attacking physically the members of a cult or sect does not mean they will be defeated...

edit on 18-4-2011 by Topato because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by HardbeatAcolyte

Unfortunately they probably won't be punished by law. The government in Bulgaria is complete mafia and completely corrupted (much the way the U.S. government is corrupt except the U.S. is richer so the amount of theft doesn't affect the average citizen as much).

I was born there and have lived... I still go every summer to visit family. The law isn't upheld. Bribery and money are what rules the courts and most cops... It's horrible.

So these fools will continue to be violent and will most likely strike again. No one's even going to bother locking them up. 5 bucks says the guys that were beating on the JW have no jobs and complain about unemployment (unemployment is VERY high in Bulgaria). Here's a thought: instead of whining about no jobs and no money, go look for a job or do whatever odd jobs you can for cash and leave the JW alone?

Oh wait, they are probably lazy as well and will prefer meaningless violence and poverty to actual work.

edit on 18-4-2011 by Topato because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I have no comment on JW other than they are a little cultish...

... But if you don't understand that globalists are a much bigger threat than nationalism you need to rethink.

These globalists are some of the sickest SOB that every walked the plannet and they have flat out said they want to kill over 95% of the population.

“If I were reincarnated I would wish to be returned to earth as a killer virus to lower human population levels.” - Prince Phillip, Duke of Edinburgh, leader of the World Wildlife Fund – quoted in “Are You Ready For Our New Age Future?,” Insiders Report, American Policy Center, December ’95

“A total population of 250-300 million people, a 95% decline from present levels, would be ideal.” – Ted Turner – CNN founder and UN supporter – quoted in the McAlvany Intelligence Advisor, June ’96

“The world has a cancer, and that cancer is man.” – Merton Lambert, former spokesman for the Rockefeller foundation

“In order to stabilize world population, we must eliminate 350,000 people per day. It is a horrible thing to say, but it’s just as bad not to say it.” – Jacques Cousteau

“…The first task is population control at home. How do we go about it? Many of my colleagues feel that some sort of compulsory birth regulation would be necessary to achieve such control. One plan often mentioned involves the addition of temporary sterilants to water supplies or staple food. Doses of the antidote would be carefully rationed by the government to produce the desired population size.” – Paul Ehrlich, The Population Bomb, p.130-131

They even wrote it in stone in several languages on the Georgia Guidestones, look it up.
edit on 18-4-2011 by pianopraze because: typo

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Topato

I feared as much, it is sad

I feel sorry for all peaceful Bulgarians who don't want these people giving Bulgaria an even worse reputation

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I just noticed that this would've happened the night that Jehovah's Witnesses observe the annual memorial of Christ's death, and reflect on the sacrifice he made. They pretty much consider it the most solemn and holy day of the whole year. Though I'm not a Witness, I truly believe that attacking them on that day of all days is especially reprehensible. If any of the nationalists call themselves Christian, they should be deeply ashamed to dishonour Christ in such a way. Speaking as a Christian, it is disgusting.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by HardbeatAcolyte

I just talked to my friend about this. He's saying that the attackers view JW as pure cultists that brainwash children and others and even get them to commit suicide. I haven't verified this and have not researched but even if that were the case, they can't just attack someone because they think they are "evil" or hold whatever religious view they hold...

If a person is weak enough to the point where he is that easily brainwashed, that's their flaw. Can't blame the organization or person that would choose to exploit that flaw. People get conned all the time, it's more the fool's fault for being allowed to be conned than anything.

(If these attackers only knew how many people the governments kill, they would probably march and beat them up). At least then they would be attacking the head of the snake instead of the pawns.

But anyhoo, it's just silly to expect that they could stop this cult by scaring them or anything like that. They would have more success by educating others on the matter. Ultimately, people make their own choices, and it's our job to put out what we know about such and such so they can make an educated decision. Can't FORCE decisions on people.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Topato
I just talked to my friend about this. He's saying that the attackers view JW as pure cultists that brainwash children and others and even get them to commit suicide. I haven't verified this and have not researched but even if that were the case, they can't just attack someone because they think they are "evil" or hold whatever religious view they hold...

Yeah, I've noticed that there are people who say that, and try to convince others of it. In my opinion, knowing what JWs believe & teach (I believe this is all completely open and available to all, there is no 'hidden knowledge' that is meant to be kept from the public), I think that most such claims originate as disinformation spread by ideological opponents, with a few facts twisted and tied in to make it less obvious... But that's just my own personal conclusion.
I agree that even if the claims were true, they are not right in violently taking 'justice' into their own hands

Originally posted by Topato
But anyhoo, it's just silly to expect that they could stop this cult by scaring them or anything like that. They would have more success by educating others on the matter. Ultimately, people make their own choices, and it's our job to put out what we know about such and such so they can make an educated decision. Can't FORCE decisions on people.

I pretty much agree. I think though that information intended to discredit them (which I believe is generally dubious at best) too often leads to violent incitement against them. I think that is what is happening in Bulgaria currently, after reading a number of Youtube comments from Bulgarians
edit on 18/4/11 by HardbeatAcolyte because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I think these thugs want the old U.S.S.R. back even though their country was not part of it. Bulgaria was a communist supporter of the U.S.S.R. JWs don't pledge allegiance to any national flag which puts them at odds with the State. These kind of attacks already happened in Russia, up to the banning of the religion in 2009. Bulgaria will probably ban the witnesses in the near future.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I just wanted to say as a Witness, Thank you to all those who see how absolutely disgusting these acts of violence were! I'm glad you don't have to be a part of something to know the difference of right or wrong.

I stumbled upon this site after hearing what happened in Bulgaria today...I just wanted to make a couple of statements to any of those who may not be sure or have heard certain things about us, of course what you choose to believe is your right.

To the statement of us being a cult/cultish or children committing suicide: All our beliefs come from the bible, so depending on your standpoint of the bible and it's origin or your idea on religion all together that might be all you need to think we're cultish, but, the truth is all our Meetings or Assembly's are open to the public. We open and and close our meetings with song and prayer, what goes on between? We study the bible, we are given material for every week to review, all from the bible, we do research and share in bible based discussions, a lot like a class. The stand we take on certain matters is all from the bible, we are not simply told "Do this, this and this...But don't do this or this" The magazines we use (Watchtower & Awake) are all bible based and used to help us relate to situations in modern times, all our magazines and literature is public and totally free (All contributions are voluntary as it costs money to make, print and ship all of them.) Everything is up to us to decide if it's true or false, there is no information with held from anyone.

I have been raised as a JW along with my brother and sister, we're all married, both my siblings have kids and our parents are still together and we're all still JW's. I have never ever had anyone I know personally or have ever heard of anyone being told to commit suicide! As everyone has there own problems and stress, yes of course there have been JW's who have committed suicide, but personally I only know of 2, and they were both in there 40's and had Depression.

You don't have to take my word for it that we're not cultish, just please don't take someones word for it that we are! We all have the power and access to so much these days, always think for yourself!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Ex-JW here. Agree, JW's should not have been attacked because of some nationalistic reason. . .they should have been attacked for the massive population of child abusers and molesters that they safe harbor exactly like the Catholics (except multiply their sickness by 3). Their relative small size and Scientologyish-aggressive lawyers have kept them out of public awareness. Want proof so ignorance can be denied, check here. . .

silentlambs.org...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Sorry but that is False. If you have been hurt by someone in the organization that is no reason to say such things about an entire group of people. Anytime a Crime is committed it is always to be dealt with by the proper authorities in the area. If it was dealt with improperly than that is the fault of individuals and not that or a world wide organization. Just because some Bulgarians use violence doesn't mean all do, Same goes for this. We are all human and no one is perfect, you should remember why we all have the faults we do.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join