It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 Reasons Why Conservatives Should Avoid Donald Trump

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
At first, when I heard Donald Trump intended to run for the office of President, I thought it was just an attention-grabbing ploy. However, there is no longer any doubt that his campaign is picking up some serious steam:

tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com...

Personally, I've always considered Trump to be a total blow-hard. What truly baffles me is how conservatives are flocking to his camp. It makes me wonder if they've ever actually read his positions on important issues.

From the Raw Story:

Donald Trump, secret liberal? The top 10 reasons conservatives should hate him

www.rawstory.com...

Please check out the ten quotes at the link above. I'd like to know what people make of his leanings.

I actually agree with Trump on several positions, but find it hard to believe that conservatives would back him in a serious run.

This brings me to my real question.

Do you believe that perhaps Trump's run is actually intended to split the GOP vote and to keep Ron Paul out in the cold?

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
This should be titled

Top 10 Reasons Why Everyone Should Avoid Donald Trump

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
This is similar to a thread I started a few hours ago, titled: Is Trump a Closet Liberal?

You can check it out here if you are interested:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Missed that.

This one really has me perplexed. How can he be making any ground in this? He has no civil service experience and if the Tea Partiers found out his stance on issues they would totally blow a gasket.

There simply must be more to this than meets the eye.

MODS - Please close this thread at your convenience.

Cheers!
edit on 18-4-2011 by Hessling because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessling
There simply must be more to this than meets the eye.

Yeah, Trump is an attention whore...that's all this is. He won't run. He couldn't survive true political debate and he certainly couldn't hold up to the scrutiny his past and present personal life would go through under the public microscope.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

Most real conservatives like me see Trump for what he is, and he is certainly no conservative in any sense of the word. The majority of "conservatives" flocking to his camp are of the neocon variety, or they are ignorant and uninformed republicans that will vote for anyone with an (R) next to their name. Republicans and conservatives are two different animals, although the media seems to always bunch us all together. I do like the fact that Trump is putting the pressure on the birth certificate issue and I also like that Trump has openly stated that Obama didn't write "Dreams from my father", and that Bill Ayers wrote it instead. I think a lot of people are in such of a hurry and are so desperate to get rid of Obama that they will follow anyone that is speaking out against him, and all I have to say to them is to be careful what you wish for. I personally don't really care who gets elected and that includes Obama. Yes I despise everything about the man, but I am of the opinion that our country is too far gone to be fixed via the political system. We are screwed regardless of who gets elected. In my humble opinion, the only way to fix America is for states to start seceding from the union in order to starve the tyrannical monster that is our federal government.

top topics

join